Tourists For The Day

One Month

The following day, Baekhyun and you had decided to finally leave the hotel room to explore the beautiful scenery that Paris had to offer. Baekhyun had done some research prior to your guys' departure for Paris, and had discovered the hot spots that all tourists must visit when in the "City of Love". You were thrilled to finally be able to visit the places you had only ever seen in pictures before. Baekhyun and you chose to first set out to the famous Eiffel Tower. 

 

You both rode in a taxi to reach your destination. You anticipating the marvelous tower that had always amazed you by its beauty, while Baekhyun seemed excited as well, seeing that neither him nor you had ever really been anywhere out of Seoul. Unlike the other time that you guys had ridden in a taxi, the little distance between Baekhyun & you didn't bother you at all. In fact, you found comfort in being near him, something you never thought you'd ever feel again.

 

Within minutes, the taxi pulled up onto a curb, signaling that you had reached your stop. Baekhyun leaned forward towards the driver, handing him your guys' payment as well as offering a greeting of thanks. Soon after, you found yourselves situated right at the foot of Paris' most prized possession, the Eiffel Tower. "Wow", you breathed out as you took in the site before you. 

 

Without you noticing, Baekhyun had made his way besides you. "Pretty cool, huh?" he spoke while placing his arm around your shoulders, bringing you into his embrace. You let out a small incoherent sound at his sudden action, resulting in Baekhyun going into panicking mode. "OH MY GOD! I'm so sorry! Are you okay?" he shrieked out as he let go of his hold on you.

 

You couldn't help but break out into an unattractive fit of laughter at his sudden remarks. "I'm fine!" you responded, finally catching your breath. "You just caught me off guard". Baekhyun's cheeks reddened in embarrassment which made you want to laugh once more, but you had decided that his pride had taken enough hits already. 

 

You took Baekhyun's hand in yours suddenly, and led him towards a bench situated in front of the magnificent structure. "Ai, what're you doing?" he questioned you. "We're going to take some pictures!" you replied while holding up your phone for him to see, along with a goofy smile plastered on your face. Baekhyun let out a smile at your words, as well as a small laugh. 

 

Before long, you both had taken enough pictures of the Eiffiel Tower and yourselves to fill up an entire photo album. "Wow! Can we go up there now?" you asked excitedly, your pointer finger heading in the direction of the tower. You gave a glance at Baekhyun and noticed that his face had paled slightly at the mention of going up the gigantic structure. "Baek. Are you okay?" you questioned him worriedly. "Y-yeah. I'm fine, but are you sure you want to go up th-there?" he stuttered nervously. "I mean, we can just enjoy the view of it from here. Safely on the ground", he added. "Are you afraid of heights?" you inquired with a small smile. You then remembered the many times that Baekhyun had turned you down on your offer to ride the terrifyingly tall roller coasters at the amusement park. Always persuading you to just stick to the small, almost kiddy like rides. The persuading almost always involving him begging you, along with some sweet kisses, while on other occasions you would just give in without much of a fight because you just couldn't say no to him and the cute nervous way he acted when you mentioned the roller coasters. "N-no." he muttered in reply. You grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the tower's entrance, smiling devilishly at him. "Good. Cause we're going up there now", you declared mischievously. 

 

Before long, you both were ascending the many steps towards the top of the tower, much to Baekhyun's displeasure. Halfway to the top, you noticed that Baekhyun's face had paled more noticeably, and that his hands had grown clammy in your grasp. "Baek", you spoke. "Y-yeah", he answered with his attention focused on the steps below him. Feeling playful, you gently pushed him to mess with him a bit. "AHHHH!", he screamed as his grip on the staircase's railing tightened. "DON'T DO THAT. EVER AGAIN!" he yelled at you, still recovering from the slight panick attack he had experienced. You let out a laugh after making sure that he was alright. Suddenly, you lost your footing on the steps because you hadn't paid much attention in where you were walking, and began to fall backwards. "AGHH!" you let out in distress. You felt a hand grab ahold of your arm, preventing you from falling comepletely onto your back and possibly injuring yourself badly. Your eyes followed the hand to its owner and you discovered that Baekhyun had just saved you from a possibly fatal incident. "T-thank you", you said breathlessly, still a bit spooked by what could've happened if he hadn't grabbed ahold of you. "Are you alright?" he questioned you concerningly. "Yeah", you responded more calmly than before, your cheeks reddening with embarrassment.

 

A few minutes passed by in silence, neither one of you knowing what to say. But you felt that this silence was different from the other times that you both had been engulfed in it, this silence felt more comfortable, not at all awkward. Just as you felt as if your legs were going to give under you, you both had reached the first tier of the tower. "Thank goodness", you mumbled under your breath. 

 

The following hours were filled with Baekhyun and you window shopping at the few boutiques settled in the tower, as well as having a lunch date at a delicious French restaurant. When you guys had finished, you both made your way down the tower. Reaching the bottom, you took it upon yourself to hail a cab to drive both of you guys back to the hotel. Soon enough, you both reached the hotel and made your way towards your guys' hotel room, where you both collapsed in a jumbled mess on the bed in fatigue.

 

 

A/N: HII GUYS! FINALLY, AN UPDATE!! I hope you guys enjoy it. Although I'm not really satisfied with the ending of this chapter, I decided to upload it since I haven't updated in a fairly long time. So enjoy! :D