Arrangements

One Month

The days after both Baekhyun and yours' decision of embarking on a trip was made, plans were then arranged. Baekhyun had let you decide on where the trip would take place, and you had chosen the one place you had always wanted to visit. Paris, France. Baekhyun was a bit hesitant at first since it was so far away and would cost a truckload of money, but shortly gave in after taking into consideration the whole reason why you two were going on a trip in the first place. After the key parts of the trip were taken care of, you both agreed on when the trip would be, which was one week from today since Baekhyun still had some work at the hospital that needed to be completed before he could take leave. You were thrilled at the idea of finally being able to go to Paris, but were also nervous on how the trip would unfold since things between Baekhyun and you were rocky.

 

To hell with it, you thought. At least I get a free trip to Paris!  

 

The following week went by quickly, despite the few awkward moments that took place every now and then when Baekhyun and you ran into each other at the apartment. Ever since you had confronted Baekhyun about his cheating, he had decided to come home for his lunch break everyday in an attempt to spend time with you. This made you feel a small flutter in your heart, but you were still too pained inside to pay it any attention. When Baekhyun was home with you for lunch, it was often a quiet affair. Neither one of you knowing what to say to one another, although he did try to make some small talk by asking how your work was going and other questions of that type. Those lunches always ended with Baekhyun apologizing for putting you both in that sort of situation, and moving towards you for a kiss which you always rejected with a slight turn of your head. You weren't ready to kiss him, not yet. He would then leave after another failed attempt of kissing you. 

 

You sighed, thinking about the past week. "If only you weren't such a head, then none of this would've been happening", you sighed under your breath.

 

You and Baekhyun were already at the airport, waiting to board the plane. Baekhyun had left for a bit to use the restroom, leaving you alone with your thoughts. Suddenly your phone vibrated, snapping you away from your busy mind. You pulled your phone out of your purse to check who had texted you, and were surprised to see a text from Kai.

 

Kai? you thought, confused on how he'd gotten your number. You then remembered him taking your phone and putting his phone number into it the day that you two had kissed at the cafe. You blushed at the thought of Kai and yours' make out session as you opened up the text he had sent you. Kai and you hadn't spoken since he came to visit you at the hospital, which you were slightly disappointed about, but you hadn't gotten the opportunity to contact him because you were too busy with planning the trip, plus you had choreography to come up with for work. 

 

"Hi ;) Haven't talked in a while, finally got some time off. Want to go out somewhere?" Kai's text read. 

Was he asking me on a date? you wondered.

You didn't know how you felt about this, after all you still had Baekhyun to deal with. "Sorry, can't. I'm actually going on a trip" you replied. "and I thought you were going to wait for me to tell you that Baekhyun and I were over before anything can happen between us?" you soon added.

"I never said I would wait. I just said that if things don't work out between you two, and from what I saw last week at the hospital, things didn't look so pretty. Besides, it's just an offer to take you out someplace", he replied. "It doesn't have to be a date if you don't want it to be" he added nervously.

You grinned at the fact that he gave you the choice to choose whether you wanted it to be a date or not. Such a gentleman, you thought teasingly.

" Sorry, but even if I wanted to go, I can't. Like I said, I'm going on a trip", you texted back. 

"As if you didn't want to go? Pshh. You know you do." he texted teasingly. " Anyways, a trip to where?"

"Paris", you answered. 

"Paris huh? Pretty faraway", he commented

 

Before you could reply, Baekhyun arrived before you. "Hey, Y/N", Baekhyun spoke awkwardly."Our plane's here".

You nodded in response before quickly putting your phone away, and trailed after him with your luggage to the boarding area.

 

 

Once boarded on the plane, another wave of awkward silence washed over you two. You felt the urge to break it, but decided against it because you were too stubborn to give in so easily. You just ended up plugging in some headphones and listening to music to pass the time. Before long, you drifted off into sleep. 

 

 

A/N: I know that the ending of this chapter isn't all too great, but I had to write this chapter in kind of a rush. I'll try and make it up in the following chapters :D. As always, I hope you're enjoying the story!!!