Another Point Of View - Kai Pt.2

One Month

Your room consisted of two beds, a kitchen, a tv, a dining table, and a few other neccessitites. You were roommates with Sehun since you guys were the youngest amongst the group. 

 

As you sat down on the bed that you had claimed as yours, you began to think of her. "Y/N. I've missed you" you thought. 

 

Before you knew it, it was time to meet up with her. You made your way towards the park, anticipating seeing her after what felt like forever. Suddenly you spotted a familiar figure sitting on a park bench beneath the shade of a large tree. "Y/N?" you called out. She swiftly turned around towards your voice, calling out your name as she did so. "Kai?". You smiled a warm greeting towards her, and she smiled in return. 

 

"Wow, you're beautiful as always", you said flirtatiously after the formal hellos. An awkward silence ensued your surprising remark, but she broke it with a simple question. " So - How've you been?" she asked you.  "I've been good. But I could've been better with you by my side", you replied cheesily with a ghost of a smirk on your face. "Oh !" you thought worriedly. "I shouldn't have said that." you thought as you saw her facial expression falter a bit. 

 

Seeing that she was being quiet, you assumed that something wasn't right with her. "She would have made a witty comeback by now", you thought. You swooped her up into a hug in an effort to comfort her, the close proximity between you two causing your heart to skip a beat. "You're being really quiet. Is something wrong?" you questioned. 

 

You could feel her heart beating in her chest, and just knowing that she was with you after some time of being away from each other, it felt absolutely right to have her in your arms at that exact moment. "I've missed you", you breathed. 

 

No words were spoken, but you felt her arms wrap themselves around you as well, returning your hug. You were savoring this moment until she broke the silence. Once again. 

 

"I actually need to tell you something", she spoke after untangling herself from your hug.You nodded in return, urging her to go on.  "I really like you Kai. But - but my heart belongs to Baekhyun." And with those words, you felt a piece of your heart break. 

 

 "You're a great person, don't get me wrong. And I really do like you, but like I said, my heart belongs to him." she continued hurriedly. And despite the painful sensation of your heart being torn apart by the words that came out of , you made sure to show a bright smile on your face. "I want her to be happy", you thought.  "I understand", you replied. Although you were in fact not fine, you wouldn't want anything but for her to be happy. And unfortunately, you just couldn't be a part of her happiness. 

 

You couldn't be that one person that made her smile every single day. The person that was lucky enough to wake up next to her every morning. The person to hug her whenever you wanted to. The person she loved back. 

 

Pushing aside your despair, you spoke. "Like I said, we can always be friends right?" 

"Of course". she replied smiling. 

 

Seeing her beautiful smile was enough to assure you that you had made the right choice in masking your true feelings in order to make her happy. "So this is how love is", you pondered in your mind. Taking you away from your thoughts, you felt her grabbing ahold of your arm. 

 

"Yah! What're you doing?" you managed to ask through your laughter. You found her actions very funny at the moment, a girl as small as her attempting to pull someone as big as him. "Ummm, well. We actually stay at the same hotel", she answered with a smile of guilt plastered across her face. 

 

"What?! You should've told me so I could've walked with you here." you yelled out disappointedly. You were disappointed that you had missed an opportunity to spend more time with her, since you had a feeling you would be seeing each other less aside from at work. 

 

"I'm sorry", she mumbled cutely. "Aishhh, come on. Let's go". you said in a fake annoyed attitude while locking arms with her. 

 

To your displeasure, the hotel doors came into view, showing you that you had little time left with her. "Thanks for meeting me." she said as you both entered the building.  "It was my pleasure", you replied playfully. You both gave each other one final hug before you both would depart. 

 

"I can't leave it like this", you thought suddenly.  "Hey, Y/N." you called out. 

"Yeah". 

"You should come see my dance crew and I compete. Our first competition is next Wednesday" you informed her. 

 "I'll try and make it. Just text me the details later!" she responded as she made her way to the hotel's elevators. 

Just as you were about to make your way out of the hotel to meet up with your friends at a restaurant nearby, you heard a faint scream behind you. You turned around and saw that Y/N's hand had been grabbed onto by a guy that seemed familiar. 

 

"What's his name again?" you thought. 

"Baekhyun!" Y/N yelled out. 

"Oh right!" you remembered.