Potato In A Dress Pt. 1

One Month

"We should be arriving at the venue any moment now", you conluded after reading the last set of directions off the screen of your phone. 

"I wonder what it'll look like" you thought excitedly. Suddenly your mouth went ajar. 

"You have arrived at your destination", your phone alerted you. "Holy ", Baekhyun breathed out. 

 

A grand building, far more spectacular than any other buildings you have seen before, stood before you guys. It was structured out of pure white marble and many windows decorated its front. Large pillars were placed in front of the doors, which had those door knockers that you'd only ever seen in movies. 

 

  This is what I  pictured the building to look like. 

 

Baekhyun made a turn into the house's gravel driveway, and the crunching sound that the tires made shook you away from your oogling. 

"Whoever owns this place must be loaded!" Baekhyun remarked. You gave a laugh in agreement.

 

A banner was placed in the front yard that read, "  Welcome To The Annual Kepton Dance Competition " . Below it were lines written in other languages, you figured that they all probably said the same thing.  

 

"Thank goodness I decided to rent a bomb car", you thought. And your guys' car was indeed bomb . It was an all black Season 6 TZ, which cost a hell of a lot of money. But in the end, it was totally worth it, seeing the faces of the people walking past Baekhyun and you as you exited the vehicle. You even heard a few people ooh and aww over it as you strode past them. 

 

 

  The bomb car you guys rented for the night. 

 

Reaching the doorway, Baekhyun and you were greeted by a man roughly around the same height as Baekhyun. He was dressed luxuriously in a grey suit and golden Rolex watch. He had grayish colored hair, and seemed to be around his mid 40s. 

 

"Hello! Welcome to the Kepton residence!" he greeted you both. " I'm Mr. Christopher Kepton, the owner and founder of the annual Kepton Dance Competition."  Baekhyun and you formally greeted him, gesturing a small bow out of habit. 

 

"I take it that you have come from Korea?" he questioned. 

"Yes, we actually came all the way from Seoul", you replied back respectfully. 

"We just so happen to have a competing team that came all the way from there." he spoke. "I personally think that they're one of the most promising dance groups that I've seen in quite a while." 

 

Ahh, he must be speaking of Kai's dance group, you thought. 

 

"Well, it seems that we have been standing out for quite a while. You both should go inside and enjoy the food! I have to remain here to greet the rest of the guests, but I'll be inside to watch the performances!" he exclaimed, gesturing for you guys to enter the building. 

 

A warm breeze swept over you as you entered through the black wooden doors, groups of people splayed out before you. People from all around the world were gathered within the building's walls, tables of food were set up around the wooden floors, and a crystal chandelier hung above the center of the room. 

 

"Woah", you let out quietly.

 

You felt Baekhyun's hand wrap around yours, bringing you closer to his side. Suddenly a familiar figure caught your eye. 

 

Kai was dressed up in an all black suit, as well as an all black dress shirt and shoes. His signature smirk adorning his face. 

 

  Kai all dressed up :). 

 

What you finally noticed after seeing him, was that his arm was wrapped around a beautiful girl. Who just so happened to be wearing the exact same dress as you! 

 

"Holy mother of cheeseballs!", you mentally screamed. , , . Your self confidence slowly started to disappear as you saw how well the dress fit her, how she looked so gosh dang gorgeous in it. "I look like a potato compared to her", you thought despairingly. You were about to turn around in the opposite direction and drag Baekhyun along with you when Kai looked up and his eyes met yours. 

 

"", you whispered as you saw him beginning to make his way towards you. With her. 

 

"Y/N!" he greeted you with a smile. "And Baekhyun." he added. Although you sensed that he tried to hide it, the dissapointment was clear when he mentioned Baekhyun's name. 

 

"Oh! Where are my manners? This is Olivia", he said while gesturing towards the girl who made you feel like a potato. 

"Hello", Olivia greeted, flashing a dazzling smile. 

Hmm. Just like Kai's, you thought. 

 

"Woah! Would you look at that?" Kai suddenly declared. "Olivia and you are both wearing the same type of dress!" 

 

And from there, things started to go downhill. 

 

 

A/N : I'm going to make a part two for this chapter because I felt like this was going to become supppeerrrr long if I didn't seperate it into two pieces. But other than that, I finally uploaded a customized fanfic cover for this story! :) I hope you guys enjoy it. (Also! I'm trying to incorporate some humor into the story, so I apologize if my sense of humor is different from yours, but if I think it's funny, I'm more than likely going to include it.)