Back in Time

One Month

Tears streamed down your face, your body shaking from your uncontrollable crying. You just wanted everything to end, right then and there. You were all alone now. Moments before, you had just run out of the hospital after you had found out that your mother had died, and had escaped to the one place you knew would be nothing but secluded and quiet at that time of day which was about 12 in the morning.

 

The park that your family had always gone to when you were a little girl. You were seated beneath a big tree with your head in your hands and your knees pulled up to your chest. The dark, cold night swallowing you. You hadn't been there for long when a familiar car pulled up on one side of park.

 

"Y/N!" a voice called out after the sound of a car door closing, piercing the silence that you had grown used to.

 

You stayed quiet, just hoping to continue grieving on your own. The voice grew closer with every call of your name until a figure appeared before you. "Y/N", Baekhyun said, a little short of breath from all the wandering around he had done to find you.

 

You stayed mute, not even bothering to look at him. You were scared to move, afraid that any movement would cause you to break completely. You felt so fragile and cracked. Baekhyun settled himself besides you wordlessly, his arm coming around you gently. He had always known what to do, no matter the situation. You felt his arm hug you closely to his side, making you feel his warmth. You hadn't noticed until then how cold it was outside. After a moment, you began to loosen up and snuggled your head into the crook of his neck. You let out a shaky sigh, finally managing to stop your crying.

 

"Y/N, I'm here for you. Always know that", Baekhyun spoke softly. He began to card his fingers through your hair, giving you a sense of comfort and safety. Being around Baekhyun had always made you feel that way, but now it somehow felt more genuine. 

 

Slowly lifting your head, you looked at Baekhyun with adoring eyes, wondering how lucky you were to have him in your life.

 

"I know", you replied. You took his hand in yours and squeezed it gently, a part of you wondering if this was all just a dream. "I feel so empty", you told him. "I feel lost and confused. I don't know what to do now."

"Hey, hey. I'm right here okay? You still have me and you'll always have me", Baekhyun stated, grabbing you into a comforting hug. "I'll help you."

 

You cried into his chest, the pain of losing your mother too much to bear. You both stayed liked that for a few minutes, your head snuggled into Baekhyun's chest, his arms wrapped securely around your body. Regaining your composure, you mumbled out a question that had been on your mind ever since he had shown up at the park.

 

"Baek, how did you know where I was?"

He shifted a bit so that you head was resting by his neck then replied, "I heard the news from Hye Mi. She had called me to ask if you were with me since you had disappeared from the hospital. When I had told her that you weren't, she went berserk and started panicking. I told her that I'd look for you and I just so happened to know that this is one of your favorite spots to go to when you want to be alone".

 

You felt a pang of guilt, you had never intended on worrying your bestfriend but you just needed time alone. And distance between you and the hospital.

 

"This is hard on you, I know that. But just always know I'm here to help you carry the weight of things" Baekhyun whispered.

 

You felt touched by his words, now realizing how stupid it was to think that you were alone in this situation. You had Baekhyun and Hye Mi by your side to help you get back up.

 

"I love you", you whispered back, hugging him tightly to you, not wanting to have another person you cared about ripped away from you.

"I love you too", he replied, placing a kiss on the top of your head. 

 

You had never loved someone as much as you had loved Baekhyun, and he had always managed to make you fall in love with him over and over again. The flashback ended and you felt tears form in your eyes. You looked over at Kai and without thinking, turned around and left the room. You were too overcome with emotions and questions to think straight. Kai would just have to wait.

 

You hurried into your car and sped away, focusing on getting to your destination. And soon enough, you pulled up into the parking lot of where you had intended on going, which was the hospital that Baekhyun worked at. 

 

 

A/N: I feel like this chapter was a bit confusing, so let me know what you think about it. :p