Best Friends

One Month

The week following your meeting with Kai had been filled with nothing but finishing all the wedding planning that needed to be completed. As well as those sweet moments that Baekhyun and you occasionally shared with one another. Like him snuggling up with you in bed while watching some romantic comedy you had picked out when you finally decided to take a break from all the wedding planning, which Baekhyun had chosen to let you do all by yourself. His reason being that he wanted you to be in total control of how the wedding would be like, saying that he would love the wedding even more because it had all been planned by you. 

 

Total bull. 

 

You knew he was just too lazy to put in all the effort needed when it came to planning such a grand event. But you were also slightly grateful for his laziness, because from what you witnessed from Baekhyun's disasterous fashion sense he had before you did something about it, you wouldn't trust him to pick any of the decor for the wedding. 

 

'That would be a mess', you had mentally said at the idea. 

 

But now it was just four days before the wedding, and as Baekhyun had suggested, you both were to be married on the final day of the month. And you had agreed with him, since it was the only thing that he had wanted to have a say in when it came to the wedding. 

 

"Are you ready for the big day?" Hye Mi asked excitedly. 

 

"Definitely", you said, completely sure of your words. 

 

"You said that you can make it right?" you asked your best friend who was still all the way back in Seoul, as well as a bunch of the other guests whom Baekhyun and you had invited to the wedding. 

 

"Yes! I'll be right by your side when Baekhyun and you exchange vows", Hye Mi laughed. 

 

You blew out a breath of relief. You were nervous that she wouldn't be able to make it, and you would've been heart broken if she weren't able to. Hye Mi had been your best friend for so long, she was practically your sister. 

 

"Oh yeah, I'll finally get to meet your husband!" you exclaimed through the phone. 

 

You hadn't gotten the opportunity to attend the wedding because you were too sick at the time. And never ended up meeting the groom because something always got in the way of you two meeting. 

 

'It's as if fate never wants us to meet', you thought annoyed. You were irritated at the fact that you haven't gotten the chance to meet the man who made your best friend glow with happiness. 

 

You could practically feel Hye Mi blushing at the mention of her beloved husband. 

 

"What's his name again?" 

 

"It's - Oh Y/N, I've got to go! I just checked the clock and I have to head to work soon or else I'll be stuck in traffic", Hye Mi replied hurriedly. 

 

"Oh, yeah. Go and hurry! Bye", you said, totally forgetting about the time difference. 

 

It was currently 11pm in Paris, so it was around 6 o'clock in the morning back in Korea. 

 

"Hey, you should be getting some sleep", Baekhyun said sleepily. He had been sleeping while you were on the phone, so his sudden comment made you have a mini heart attack. 

 

"Aish! You scared me", you said while playfully whopping him on his shoulder. 

 

You could hear him giggle at your outburst before falling back asleep once again. You smiled at his figure, lying next to you and breathing softly, enveloped in sleep. 

 

"You're going to be mine soon", you whispered into his ear before settling yourself into the space beside him. 

 

"And I wouldn't have it any other way", he replied, once again startling you. He had a smile pasted on his face while his eyes were still closed with sleep. He scooped you up into a hug and placed his chin atop of your head, your head nuzzled next to his chest. 

 

You were just about to say something about how he had scared you once again, but he beat you to it. 

 

"Go to sleep now", he said, hugging you against him more firmly. 

 

You rolled your eyes at his words, all the while loving when he did these types of things to you. You loved being in his embrace, and you knew he loved to keep you there. 

 

 

It was finally the big day.

 

The day that you were to become Mrs. Byun, and get the sassy, too funny for his own good, incredibly talented, and loving Byun Baekyun all to yourself. 

 

It was currently 10 in the morning here in Paris, and the weather was definitely in your favor. The sky didn't hold a single sign of rain, and the sun was high up in the sky and shining. To top it off, the light breeze currently blowing through Paris made the heat pleasurable. 

 

"Y/N!!!!" a voice called out to you from behind the bathroom door. 

 

You had just taken a shower and was in the midst of getting dressed in the most gorgeous wedding gown that you had ever laid your eyes on, so the voice came as a surprise to you. Especially since it couldn't be Baekhyun who had gone to the wedding venue to get ready, honoring your wish of not seeing you in your wedding gown until the wedding ceremony began. 

 

You quickly put on a bathrobe and opened the bathroom door to see who was there. 

 

"Hye Mi!!" you screamed joyfully, running up to her and giving her a hug. 

 

"Omo! You're not dressed yet? The wedding starts at 1!" Hye Mi told you. 

 

"Aish! I was getting dressed when you suddenly came in here and interrupted me", you teasingly scolded her. 

 

"Anyways, how did you get into the hotel room?" 

 

"I ran into Baekhyun on my way up here and he gave me the roomkey", she answered. 

 

You nodded your head in understanding, then made your way back into the bathroom before coming back out with the wedding dress in your hands. 

 

"Help me get ready?" you asked her, a mischevious smile gracing your lips. 

 

"Heck yeah!" she responded excitedly. 

 

"The dress is beautiful by the way", she complimented. 

 

 This is what I imagined the dress to look like, but you're more than welcome to imagine the dress differently. 

 

"Thanks, it was the dress that my mom and I always said I would wear on my wedding day". 

 

The mention of your mother made you feel a pang of pain in your heart, but it quickly vanished. 

 

'Although she may not be here, I'm sure she's happy for me', you consoled yourself. 

 

"Hey, don't feel bad okay. I'm sure your mom's smiling down on you right now because she's proud of you. And I'm also sure that she's happy that you've found your true love, and is going to marry him today." Hye Mi declared to you, her arm wrapping around you in hug. 

 

She knew how much pain you had felt when your mother had passed away, so she wanted to make sure that you wouldn't dwell on the memory on a day that was supposed to be filled with love and happiness. 

 

You thanked her for her comforting words, telling her that you knew that too. 

 

"I'm sure she's happy too", you smiled. 

 

 

After the words were said about your mother, the two of you finally began prepping for the wedding. 

 

Hye Mi helped you put on the dress and volunteered to do your makeup, something that you had been worrying about since you pretty much had no experience when it came to using makeup in the first place. So you were thankful for Hye Mi's assistance in that department of expertise.

 

She worked on giving you a light and natural look as you had instructed her, and you sat still in the chair waiting for her to finish. You were nervous and excited all at the same time at what the outcome would look like, not really used to seeing yourself in makeup. 

 

"Okay! I'm finished", Hye Mi announced after a final coat of mascara. 

 

She handed you a hand mirror for you to be able to fully take in the work that she had done, a proud smile adorning her face. 

 

You were left speechless at what you saw before your eyes. 

 

The eyeshadow that Hye Mi had used for your eye makeup was subtle, but was still able to really bring out the color of your eyes. And the lipstick she had also used really complimented your skin tone. Overall, you couldn't believe that the beautiful figure staring back at you was you at all. 

 

"Thank you so much Hye Mi!" you yelped happily, jumping up from the chair and making your way to hug her. 

 

She held out a hand to stop you.

 

"No no no no!" she said authoritively. 

 

"No hugging, I don't want to risk messing up your makeup." 

 

You laughed at her seriousness, but respected her orders and sat yourself back down on the chair, opting to put on your high heels instead. 

 

"You look stunning", Hye Mi said with a bright smile on her face. "I'm so proud of you". 

 

"You've grown up so much. I mean, we've both grown up so much. I guess I'll have to start getting used to sharing my best friend with someone else now", she  added, playfully sulking from the last words she had spoken. 

 

"Hey, I have to start getting used to sharing you with someone else too!"  you reminded her. 

 

She blushed at your comment which caused you to laugh. 

 

"Okay! No more chitter chatter, it's already 11:45. And we've still got to fix your hair", she stated, changing the subject. 

 

"Aish, I totally forgot about my hair!" you said frustrated. 

 

"You're lucky I know how to fix hair too", Hye Mi told you as she positioned herself behind the chair, grabbing ahold of a brush. 

 

"I'm so lucky to have you as my best friend", you cheesingly voiced, a playful smile showing.

 

"You definitely are", she replied jokingly, taking the brush and it through your hair to get rid of tangles.