The Unexpected

One Month

After you had changed in one of the bathrooms, and had freshened up with a splash of water to the face, you set out to meet Kai in the parking lot of the dance studio. Upon entering the parking lot, you saw Kai leaned up against a black motorcycle.

 

"Woah", you said as you laid your eyes on the shiny black contraption.

"Ever ridden one?" Kai asked with a gleam in his eyes.

"Nope, but it sure does look like fun", you said. Truth is, you had always wanted to ride a motorcycle but because Baekhyun didn't approve of it, you never got around to.

"Want to just ride with me then? We can always come back here and drop you off to your car", Kai asked excitedly.

 

Although you had just talked to him for the first time that day, you sensed that he was a trustworthy person. At least more trustworthy than that cheating , you thought. As you were about to agree, Baekhyun's voice popped into your mind, telling you how this was wrong. Well, what you did was even worse you jerk, you thought stubbornly.

 

"Okay", you finally agreed with Kai. Propping your right leg over the seat of the motorcycle, you sat yourself behind him. 

"Just hold on tight", Kai instructed.

"Hold on where?" you questioned, not entirely sure if you wanted to know the answer.

"Here", Kai said as he placed your arms around his waist. Images of Baekhyun and you appeared in your head, but you shoved them aside, still angry about what you had witnessed at the hospital earlier.

"Oh, okay." you replied, a slight blush creeping into your cheeks from the close proximity of both of your bodies. And with that, Kai revved the engine and the two of you were off to Gege's Cafe.

 

 

After a wind filled ride, you both approached a small cafe decorated with dainty paintings of delicious pastries and beverages on the storefront. Above it were the words, "Gege's Cafe" in dark green paint.

 

"They've got the best coffee here", Kai informed you as you both got off the motorcycle.

"I'll be the judge of that", you declared playfully, a smile forming on your lips. You looked over at Kai as you walked and caught him staring at you with soft eyes, he quickly turned his gaze away and you saw a small blush form on his cheeks.

"So, are you willing to talk about your problem with me still? I mean that is the whole reason I invited you for coffee." he asked you, breaking the silence.

 

You gave him a thoughtful look, still contemplating whether you should discuss the whole situation about Baekhyun with him.

 

"Not that I wouldn't want to have coffee with you. You seem nice and you're really pretty and-" Kai mumbled nervously since you hadn't responded yet.

You laughed at Kai's nervousness and felt your cheeks get warm from all the warmness your laughter brought. "Thank you, but that's not the reason I haven't answered yet." you assured him with a smile. "It's just that the subject's a touchy one."

"Oh, I see. Well if you do find that you want to talk it over with me, I'm all yours." Kai said smiling.

 

He held the door of the cafe open for you as soon as you guys had arrived. Your mind brought back memories of when Baekhyun had done similar actions in the past, and you mentally face palmed yourself for even thinking about him. You thanked Kai for the gesture, and made your way into the cafe. You observed the paintings that hung on the walls, and the circular wooden tables that were filled with customers. The cafe held a home type of charm. You inhaled the scent of coffee and baking bread, it was all so delicious that your mouth watered.

 

After Kai and you chose a table to sit at, which was by the cafe's storefront windows, you guys ordered what you wanted. Within a few minutes, your orders were delivered to your table.

 

"Two coffees, a blueberry muffin, and one chocolate muffin." the middle aged waitress exclaimed as she set the food on your table.

"Thank you", both Kai and you said at once. You both laughed at the incident.

"Hey, Kai. I know that we haven't known each other for a long time, but I just have to get something off my chest and you seem trustworthy enough to talk to." you spoke.

"Go ahead", he encouraged.

 

You told him about the whole situation with Baekhyun and he listened without saying a word, which you were thankful for since you didn't want to be interrupted.

"And that's why I ended up at the dance studio." you finished, your voice faltering a bit. You had to admit to yourself that what Baekhyun had done broke you, and not to mention caused you a whole lot of pain. No matter how angry you seemed to be, you were just honestly broken inside.

"Well", Kai said after a moment of silence. "He must've been really stupid to want to cheat on you. No offense", he added with raised hands.

 

You couldn't help but smile, but a part of you wanted to defend Baekhyun but you found no way to justify your defenses since you had in fact been at no fault for Baekhyun's actions. If he had problems with you, he should've talked them out with you instead of going off and kissing some damn girl.

 

"Thanks", you smiled at him.

"If you were my girlfriend, I would never ever hurt you." Kai suddenly stated softly.

 

You turned your head towards him, shocked from what you had just heard. Then you did something that you had never expected to have done before. You leaned in and and kissed Kai.