Falling Apart

One Month

You stood glued to your spot for a good 3 minutes, your mind still trying to register what you had just read. "No, no, no!" you thought frantically. "Things are just starting to get better!". Snapping out of your frozen state, you quickly gathered up your wet clothes and placed them on a drying rack in the bathroom, then picked up your phone to reread the text message that ignited hundreds of thoughts to buzz around inside your head. "What am I going to do?" you wailed in distress. You knew that you had to end things with Kai. You didn't want to hurt Baekhyun, especially in the same way that he had hurt you. You had moved past his mistakes, and wanted nothing else than to forgive and forget about it. And Kai coming back into the picture would do nothing but be a reminder of that one lustful moment in the cafe, a moment that brought up the memory of Baekhyun's affair to you. You decided to meet up with Kai to tell him that you wanted to end things immediantly, but you planned on doing so in way that didn't hurt him. You didn't want to hurt Kai either, because he was there for you when you needed someone to listen. 

 

You remembered feeling something for him once, but your love with Baekhyun had been rekindled over the past few days, and it was strong enough to push any mixed feelings you had for Kai out of the way. You breathed in a shaky breath, deciding upon your course of action. Despite your new motto of "acting upon something without thinking twice about it", you knew that this was not something that you could just do without careful thinking. The last thing you wanted was to end up doing something you regretted, especially when it involved Baekhyun and Kai.

 

The final decision you made, was to not tell Baekhyun about this little meeting between Kai and you. You didn't want him to get the wrong idea, and this was something that he didn't need to know about. Besides, you would just tell Kai about how you felt about the whole situation between you two, and that you wanted it to end, then go on your merry way. Everything would turn out fine right? 

 

You picked up your phone once again, after having set it on the nightstand besides your side of the bed. You could hear Baekhyun starting a shower from the bathroom, and knew you had time to text Kai back a response before he came back to the room. You clicked on the little text messaging icon on your phone's screen and tapped on Kai's contact name soon after. "Sure :). How about Friday? Tell me where you're staying so I can drop by. We need to talk", you texted him. To your surprise, he replied back not too long after you had sent him a reply. "Yeah, Friday works out perfectly! I'm staying at the John Gali Hotel, it's right next to this cute park with a marble fountain. I saw it through the hotel's website, and it's beautiful :). I'll text you the address when I get there." he texted back. And just when you thought you had things under control, another bomb dropped down on you, shaking your world. "! He's staying here at the same hotel as us!" you mentally screamed.