Waking Up to Reality

One Month

The next morning, you awoke with a headache that made you feel like your head was about to split open. "ing great", you mumbled while searching the kitchen cabinets for a bottle of aspirin.

 

Finally finding the little bottle of pills, you popped one into your mouth and downed it with a glass of water. The apartment was empty aside from you and your racing thoughts since Baekhyun had already left earlier that morning for work.

 

"Probably kissing that girl again", you bitterly thought as memories from yesterday flooded into your mind again, the memory of what had happened between you and Kai resurfacing. You made your way to the bathroom to take a shower and prepare for work, hoping that it would help ease the lingering feelings of your headache, as well as help you come up with a plan on how'd you talk things out with Baekhyun. 

 

After dressing up for work and quickly eating a bowl of cereal, you made your way towards the dance studio. The dance studio's parking lot was still a bit empty aside from a few cars here and there since you had come a bit early. You then noticed a familiar black motorcycle as you parked your car into a parking space directly in front of the dance studio's entrance.

 

"Oh sht", you uttered nervously.

 

How were you going to face Kai after all that had happened yesterday? Even though he had played the situation off cooly and had even suggested that you guys be friends, you still thought that seeing him would be an awkward situation. One that you didn't want to really confront at the moment.

 

You locked your car and headed for your classroom where you taught ballet and hiphop, praying that you wouldn't run into Kai. Upon entering your classroom, you were met with a dancing figure. As soon as you had opened the door, the figure abruptly stopped all movement and after having a better view, you were able to see that the figure was Kai.

 

"Oh, um hi." Kai said a little out of breath. He was dresed in a grey tanktop and black sweatpants, the tanktop allowing your eyes access to his perfectly toned arms.

"Hi", you replied awkwardly, a bit distracted by his appearance. You had known that he was fit but you never thought that he would look this good.

"Before you think that I'm some type of stalker, I just came by here to talk. But since I came really early, I just decided to dance a bit to pass the time while I waited for you. I didn't think that you'd come early." Kai said, breaking your thoughts on how it would feel like to feel his wonderfully toned arms.

"Huh?" you answered dumbly, still a bit dazed by how y he looked.

Kai let out a little laugh, noticing how you were distracted by his appearance, making you blush. "Like what you see?" Kai questioned teasingly, a smug look on his face.

"Oh shut up!" you yelled defensively, completely embarrassed that you had gotten distracted by his arms. "What were saying anyways?" you asked, trying to change the subject.

"Oh, just telling you that you had some drool coming out of your mouth." Kai replied nonchalantly with a smirk.

 

You blushed from his comment, realizing how much of a mistake it was to have taken more than a few seconds to look at his toned body. "Oh, please. I was just distracted by how your zipper was open", you said back trying to even the score between you two.

 

Kai quickly sneaked a glance at his pants, realizing too late that you had just tricked him since he was wearing sweatpants. You laughed as he looked back up at you, his eyes filled with admiration and embarrassment.

 

"I like you", Kai suddenly announced after you had quieted down. 

 

"What?" you said completely caught off guard by his sudden words.

"I like you, and as selfish and as much of a jerk move this is, I hope things don't work out between you and your boyfriend." he added confidently.

 

You were at a loss of words, completely devoured by what he had just said and the meaning behind it all.

 

"I could treat you so much better than he ever did. I'd never hurt you, in fact I don't even know why your boyfriend cheated on you in the first place. You're absolutely beautiful, kind, talented, and just overall perfect." Kai finished, speaking what had been on his mind since last night.

"Kai", you began. "I really like you too, although I shouldn't since things between Baekhyun and I aren't resolved yet. And I appreciate being called perfect even though I'm the farthest thing from it. But I just need more time to sort things out, I mean we just met yesterday afterall."

 

His mood didn't seem at all affected by your statement, in fact he seemed a bit more uplifted. "I know, and it might seem silly and , but I'm a real er for love stories and I think that you're the one." Kai declared after you had finished speaking. "And I don't think I'll stop feeling this way about you until you tell me that things between your boyfriend and you are better because I'm not the type to go after a girl that's not interested." he finished.

 

After hearing Kai's words, you were nothing but confused. Thoughts about just ending your relationship with Baekhyun and moving on with Kai came into focus in your frazzled mind. You felt a numb feeling make its way into your heart. Were you really prepared to just let go of Baekhyun after all that you'd both been through? Despite his actions which struck you like a knife through your heart, he'd been there for you when no one else had. Memories of Baekhyun's arms around you as you wept into his chest after you had found out the news of your mother's death made their way into your thoughts. Baekhyun had been your guiding light when everything around you had seemed so dark and terrifying. Reguardless of how much anger you felt towards him, you realized that you were still head over heels, undeniably, in love with Byun Baekhyun. 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Ahh, don't hate me for the little cliff hanger. I'll try to update again tomorrow :D. Hope you guys are enjoying the story! Leave me some comments about what you think about it so far!