What Comes With Rain

One Month

The following days were unfortunately filled with rain and gloomy grey clouds, but that didn't stop Baekhyun and you from enjoying yourselves. You both took the weather as an opportunity to cuddle in bed and have movie marathons on the television that was mounted on one of the hotel room's wall. With each day passing by, you felt yourself fall more in love with him, you couldn't help it. And truthfully, before the incident between you two had happened, you didn't think that was possible. You felt the anger that had lived inside you for quite some time, slowly but surely start to make its way out of your system. Right now, you were curled up inside Baekhyun's embrace, both of you lying down on the bed with the big comforter covering you both. The TV's speaker's now letting out the horrific screams of the horror film that you guys had picked out. 

 

"Aghh!" you yelped, cowering deeper into Baekhyun's hold. You heard him let out a laugh, making your cheeks flood with embarrassment. "Yah!", you yelled at him angrily. "I'm sorry! You're just entertaining to watch, especially when you're scared." he said, a devious smile plastered on his face, earning him a pinch on his side. You  turned around to face him, your chests now meeting, both of your gazes locking in on one another's. Despite the screams resonating from the speakers, you felt as if this was a picture perfect moment, one that you wished never ended. "Y/N", Baekhyun spoke softly as he reached out his hand to caress your cheek. "Mhmm", you responded, surprised by his sudden actions. "I - I love you", he announced with a strong longing gaze in his eyes.

 

You remained quiet for a bit, quite shocked by his declaration. You don't know why, but the sincerity in his words came as such a pinch into reality for you. You guessed that it was because somewhere deep within you, you had always thought that he had stopped loving you. That he had only done all of this to stop the guilt that he was probably plagued with. You had never anticipated the moment where Baekhyun would confess his love to you all over again, that's why his statement had made you feel like a truck had just run into you. Shattering the world that you had grown to feel comfortable in, the one where you had tried your best to push aside the fact that he cheated on you. His confession only inflicted bittersweet pain. 

 

Without even noticing, you felt yourself shaking from the uncontrolable tears that started to surge through your body. "What's wrong?" Baekhyun asked worriedly. "I - I'm s -sorry", you stuttered before getting out of the bed and pushing yourself out of the entrance of the hotel room. "Y/N!" Baekhyun yelled after you. You could hear his fast footsteps chasing after you not long after you had left the room. Your brain couldn't help but conjure up images of the time that he had chased after you at the hospital, moments after you had confronted him on his actions. You sped up a bit, not knowing where you would even go. You decided to just let your feet take you to wherever they wanted.

 

As soon as you had exited the inner domains of the hotel, the icy cold drops of rain beat against your skin, forming goosebumps up and down your arms. You hadn't intended on running out, but running away from your problems was just one of your habits that you wished you could stop. The cold breeze sent shivers throughout your body, the rain sheeting you with layers of cold water. You turned some corners and discovered a small open park with clusters of trees and a marble fountain situated in the middle of it. You made your way over there and spotted a bench placed beneath the branches of a huge oak tree. You sat yourself on the bench, feeling the rain drops drip onto your skin from the branches hanging overhead. With some deep breaths, you tried to slow your breathing. You watched your breaths turn into puffs of smoke in the chilly air, trying to calm yourself down. You pondered on the situation you were in, trying to analyze everything before you made your next step. If you even had a clue on what you were going to do since you had run out on Baekhyun after he had confessed to you. 

 

"Ugh, life is so complicated." you complained under your breath, feeling tired of all the crap you were going through. You stayed perched on the park bench for a while, losing track of time and just trying to get a calm grasp of everything. After a while, the cold was too much for you and you knew that you had to go back to the hotel sooner or later. Getting up from the bench, you made your way back to the hotel.

 

Although the rain had lightened up and was now a slow drizzle, you were cold to the bone, your shirt and leggings dripping with water. Looking back on all that had happened between Baekhyun and you, you realized that the one mistake you had done, was overthink everything. And just moments before, you had tried to analyze your next action when it came to your situation with Baekhyun. Overthinking about everything you did had gotten you nowhere, and remembering that one moment where you had thrown caution to the wind and had your way with Baekhyun, that was when you were the happiest. You were hurt by the truth that Baekhyun had cheated on you, but you apprehended the fact that you had to forgive him soon enough. "His actions were sincere", you told yourself. Finally understanding what you had to do, you ran the rest of the way back to the hotel. 

 

 

A/N : I'm super sorry for the late update. I know I haven't updated in a few weeks. I really have no other excuses besides the fact that I had a mild case of writer's block :(. I really really hope you're satisfied with this chapter, and don't you worry! I'm still going to include Kai in the story, I'm just still thinking about how I'm going to add him in. I've had some ideas, but I haven't settled on one yet. And since you guys probably don't know, I write these chapters one by one on the spot. I don't write these chapters beforehand then upload them, so that's why it takes me a while to come up with the chapters. Anyways, please don't forget to subscribe, vote, and comment! And please feel free to share my story with any of your friends :) It would be greatly appreciated.