Joking Around

One Month

"How do you feel about watching a dance competition?" you asked. 

"It seems like fun. Why're you asking me this all of a sudden?" he wondered. 

"Well",  you began. "Kai invited me to watch one of his competitions next Wednesday, and I thought it would be fun if we went to watch it together." 

 

You were preparing yourself for Baekhyun's rejection to the idea since you knew he wasn't particularly fond of Kai, but he surprised you by accepting. 

 

"Sure", he had said. "I mean, there's nothing going on between you two right?" 

"Absolutely nothing", you replied. 

 

The day of the competition came and Baekhyun and you were getting yourselves ready for the occasion. Kai had texted you the details such as where the event would be held a couple of days ago, much to Baekhyun distaste. He was still a bit paranoid about you keeping any sort of communication with Kai, but you reminded him that Kai was just a friend. And besides, Kai and you were also coworkers, so avoiding each other wouldn't do any good except for making things more awkward between you two. 

 

"We have to leave in 5 mins Baek!" you called out to him as you slipped on your pair of shoes.

"I'm coming!" he replied as he walked in from the bathroom. 

He was dressed up in a white button-up shirt, black suit, and a pair of black dress shoes. Overall, he was HOT. You were dressed up in a a gold and black sequined dress, paired with black stilettos and simple black clutch. You both were dressed up lavishly since Kai had mentioned to,  "really dress up for the occasion". 

 

    This is what I imagined Baekhyun to wear. (Plus black dress shoes)

 

This is what I imagined the Y/N's dress to be like. 

                 This is what I thought of to pair as the shoes. 

 

Soon you guys were on the road, Baekhyun driving the car that you guys had rented for the trip a few days prior, and you seated in the passenger side giving him the directions to the dance competition's venue. 

 

"Make a left turn Baek", you directed him. 

"You look beautiful", he said with a smile as he made the left turn just as you had instructed. 

A small smile formed on your lips as you jokingly replied, "Just focus on driving Baek".