Impact

One Month

You parked your car in a parking space not too far from the hospital's main entrance, then made your way into the building. After walking around a bit, you spotted Baekhyun leant against a wall with a clipboard in hand.

 

Taking a deep breath, you walked over to him. "Baekhyun", you called out shakily.

 

He looked up at you, and his eyes widened up slightly at the sight before him. Your face was tear streaked and your eyes were filled with despair.

 

"Y/N, what happened?" he asked, concern clear in voice. You lost it right then and there. You broke into tears again, and your body shook.

"You happened!", you yelled angrily at him. "You lying jerk!"

This sudden wave of anger washed over you and you slammed your hands onto his chest in anger, causing him to stumble a bit. "Y/N! What do you mean?" Baekhyun yelled in reply.

"You cheated on me! That's what happened", you screamed back. His face slackened and his mouth opened into a small "o" as your words sunk in. You stood there for a bit, trying to steady your breathing.

"Y/N", he spoke out softly. He moved towards you, trying to take one of your hands in his. You stepped back, not wanting him to lay a single finger on you as you were consumed with a fiery feeling. Despite your previous revelation at the dance studio, you couldn't help but feel anything but the raw betrayal Baekhyun's actions had commited.

"Y/N, hear me out. I know what I did was wrong but you have to understand", he added.

"Understand? Understand what! You cheated on me and broke my heart. That's all I understand about this.", you spat out venomously.

"I love you -" he continued.

"If you loved me then you would never have done what you did!" you yelled out.

"I love you goddamit! But you were never there for me to love. We never had time for each other." he yelled. "I really tried to ignore my feelings for Seuli, but I missed feeling the presence of someone in my life. And she was there for me. You were too oblivious to the fact that I needed you, and when you miracuously asked me on a date, I already had plans with Seuli. I know that I should have gone out with you, but I didn't want to leave Seuli hanging after all that she's done for me." he finished, out of breath from all the yelling he had done.

 

You froze, thinking about all that he had said. You felt anger bubble up inside of you at the thought that someone had "replaced" you in his life. That somehow you were to be the cause of this. You gave him one last look then ran out of the hospital, not wanting to face him any longer. You were halfway outside when you began hearing Baekhyun yelling for you to stop. You ignored him and continued on.

 

You were too consumed in your thoughts to think clearly and that's how you missed the car. You felt a sharp pain in your left side, then everything went black.