Let Down

One Month

Byun Baekhyun was a man of many talents. From his breathtakingly beautiful voice, to his ability to make you smile no matter what, the list could go on. Despite his talent for singing, he perused a career in the medical field. To be more specific, Byun Baekhyun who was all sarcastic remarks and SNSD fanboy, was a doctor. And a great one at that since he worked at one of the most prestigous hospitals in Seoul, Korea. Although his job brought in more than enough income to support the both of you, you wanted to show him that you were more than capable to take of yourself, so you jumped at the opportunity to become a dance teacher at the same dance school that you used to attend.

 

You loved the feeling that surged though you as you danced, so you felt absolutely grateful that you were able to get a job that revolved around it. As a result of both Baekhyun & yours' busy schedules, you barely got to see each other. This revelation never dawned on you until one day while you were stretching in the dance studio at the end of work, thoughts about Baekhyun and yours' relationship popped into your train of thought. You just now noticed that it had been weeks, possibly months, since both of you guys had last gone on a date together or more importanly just spent time in each others company.

 

Well, you thought. Let's change that.

 

You packed up the last of your belongings after you finished stretching and made your way home, your mind busy trying to plan the perfect date.

 

You rung Baekhyun up as you drove home, informing him to try and take this Friday off.

 

"Jagiya, I know this means a lot to you but I don't think I can. The hospital's been overflowing with patients since last week and I can't just leave during a time like this. I'm really sorry, I'll try and make it up to you next Friday." Baekhyun mumbled hurriedly after you proposed the idea of a date.

"But Baek -", you began.

"I'm really sorry Y/N, but I have to go. There's a patient who needs me ASAP", Baekhyun cut you off before the line went dead.

"Maybe next time. " you said half heartedly. Sullen and deflated, you continued your drive home.

 

As the week passed by, the barely existent contact between Baekhyun and you became more noticable. What scared you the most, was that you could hardly even remeber what Baekhyun's smile looked like. A sure result since everytime you came home from work, Baekhyun was either working at the hospital or taking his lunch break with his co-workers in the hospital's cafeteria, and when Baekhyun came home from his busy schedule, you were already fast asleep. You held onto the idea of Baekhyun being able to take next Friday off so that you two could go on a date. You could just imagine the fun and romantic date that Baekhyun had planned for you guys just like he used to do before he became so busy with work.

 

Your hope began to drain away as soon as Friday came around and Baekhyun wasn't beside you in bed. You made your way to the kitchen in hopes that he would be there, perhaps cooking a surprise breakfast for you, but you were welcomed to a Baekhyunless kitchen. You felt a piece of your heart crack. Baekhyun had promised that he'd try and make it up to you, but something told you that he hadn't even tried. After accepting the fact that Baekhyun had left, you decided to eat a breakfast bar then get dressed up. You were planning on taking matters into your own hands by surprising Baekhyun. You decided that you were just going to meet him at the hospital during his lunch break.