The Homecoming Game

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]The Homecoming Game - Penelope's POV[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]A/N: this probably has typos or mistakes I haven't fixed yet but I'm in a hurry to get to school and I really wanted to post this chap so please overlook the typos, I'll fix them once I'm home xD enjoy! :)

 

 

*** Friday ***

 

"Oi, you fat . Wait for me!" Cleo huffed as she run up to me in the hallway. I stuck my tongue out at her and picked up my pace, if only to annoy her a little more. She finally caught up and smacked me upside the head. ". You know I hate exercise."

"Yet you're on the school's competitive volleyball team," I snorted and she shrugged, bumping hips with me. A cheesy grin kissed her face and I raised a shapely brow at her. "What's got you all giddy, huh?"

"I'm excited for the game. Our guys are totes gonna dominate," she boasted and I nodded along, in full agreement with her. I'd be lying if I said this wasn't the first time I was actually happy to go to support my boyfriend at a football game. When I was with Logan, I'd rarely went for him. Usually, I'd went only to support Tao and Sehun. "What school are they going against anyway?"

"Middleton High, I think. They have some top athletes in that school though," I said, biting my lip. Most schools chose weaker opponents to compete with for the homecoming game but not Wilson High. We were going against one of the best schools in Dallas, whose team were also likely to go to the finals. "Remember that Junhong guy?"

"The one who goes by Zelo?" She asked and I nodded. "He was so hot!"

"I know right," I laughed as we made our way to the dance studio of the school. We dropped our bags on the floor and I hooked my phone to the stereo system, flicking through my playlist. "I was so tempted back then to ditch Logan for him. He moved so flawlessly!"

"You just have a for dancers, you little creep," she playfully sneered and I giggled, flicking my hair over my shoulder with a shrug. "Not even denying it. But I agree, he was too cute. Almost makes me wish I was still single."

"Cleo!" I gasped, a laugh escaping me.

"I said almost!" She smirked, grabbing my phone as she chose 'Crazy in Love' by Beyoncé. The strong beat of the song pulsed throughout the room and our hips began to shake in sync. "I adore Chanyeol too much now. You're the same with Kai."

"True. But I'd be lying if I said that Youngjae isn't cute as heck," I grinned, wiggling my brows at her. "Didn't you like their coach...what was his name again?"

"Coach Bang Yongguk. God, what a y man. If only I was six years older," she sighed and I bit my lips, fighting back a hearty laugh. We pushed ourselves away from the wall and got to the centre of the room, starting our choreography. Cleo and I both loved to dance and though we weren't the best, we certainly weren't bad and we enjoyed it thoroughly. We danced for a couple of hours before the alarm on my phone went off and I hurried to it, checking the time.

"Alright, we better get going. The game starts in less than an hour and we have to get ready," I said and she nodded, wiping the sweat from her forehead as she grabbed our things from the corner of the room. I unhooked my phone and caught up to her as she left the studio. We went to my car and swiftly got in, driving to my house with easy conversation flowing. So far, nothing bad had happened. My parents were still completely unaware of my relationship with Kai, Stacey and Suyun sat on a different table from us with only a few of the stuck up girls following in their footsteps. Logan did not try to contact me and me and Kai were only growing closer, the same could be said for Cleo and Chanyeol. 

"Rita, I'm home! We're going upstairs to get ready for the game!" I hollered as we rushed up the stairs.

"Okay, I'll make dinner, darling!" Her voice faded into nothing as we reached my bedroom and closed ourselves in, immediately stripping ourselves of our clothing. I looked down at my half- self and whistled at Cleo, "Shower or no shower?"

"We can shower before the dance," she answered and I nodded agreeably. We changed into casual jeans, comfy sweaters and wrapped our hair up in neat buns. With a swab of lipgloss and flick of eyeliner, we wiggled our feet into matching converse, grabbed our purses and hurried back downstairs. Glancing at the time on my phone, I swore under my breath and shoved Cleo into the kitchen. "Hey, watch it!"

"Don't walk so damn slow then," I snapped and she flipped me off. We sat ourselves down at the island and waited for our meals. Henrietta had already set the table and she walked over with plates of food, placing them in front of us. "Courgette and lemon linguine? Nice one, Rita!" We both dug into the food, both out of hunger and due to the fact we would soon be running late. I felt a sharp sting on the back of my head and looked up to see Henrietta also smacking Cleo.

"Ow! What was that for!?" Cleo spluttered.

"For scoffing my cuisine down like it's a McDonald's burger. Savour my food!" She humphed, turning on her heels and sauntering out of the room. We burst into giggles and rolled our eyes at her melodramatic act. Returning to the food, we quickly finished it off and washed it down with some water.

I looked down at my phone and gasped. "Okay, time to go!" We darted out of the living room and to my car, diving into it as the Valet opened the passenger door. I scrambled over to the driver's seat and put my key in, turning it to rev the engine. I pressed down on the clutch, then on the gas and we sped off onto the road just as the gates opened for us. I knew for sure I had broken at least ten laws by the time we reached the school. "Are you ing kidding me?" There were no spaces whatsoever. I growled and reversed, touring the area before finally finding a spot that was ten minutes away from the school by feet. 

", we're late. It's already six o'clock!" Cleo groaned as we jumped out of the car. I locked it over my shoulder and we took off into a run. I thanked my past self for deciding on wearing converse instead of heels. We reached the school more or less ten minutes later and the noise level was sky high. Cleo latched onto my hand and dragged me through the mass of bodies that occupied the entire vicinity. Finally, we reached the bleachers and looked up, searching for our friends. 

"OVER HERE!" Cassie hollered and we snapped our heads in her direction. Cleo tugged me forward and we made it to her in whole pieces. I breathed out a sigh of relief and took the rubber finger she offered me. "What took you guys so long?"

"Traffic," we answered in unison. Cleo asked, "what have we missed?"

"Middleton High has some h-o-t HOT players," she gushed and I rolled my eyes though, secretly, I was dying to see said players. What? I was a hormonal teenage girl, boyfriend be damned. She pointed at one of the opposing school's players with the number 4 on his jersey. "That's their quarterback, Moon Jong-up. Over there, with the number 41 is their tight-end, Yoo Young-jae."

"Where is the cute guy from last year?" I asked, my eyes scanning the field for the attractive dancer. Cleo gasped and pointed at the tall male with the number 37 on his jersey, "there! There he is, Pen. Choi Jun-hong. y beast."

"Omo, there's their coach, Bang Yong-guk!" I exclaimed, nodding in the direction of the attractive older man. There was an uproar of cheering and booing and I frantically looked around for the cause of the commotion. "What? What just happened?"

"I think we scored a goal!" Tanya piped in. Natalie rolled her eyes and smacked her upside the head.

"It's a touchdown, idiot!" 

"Whatever, we dunked a hoop. I don't know," the other girl shrugged and I bit back a laugh. I found myself looking around for Kai. Finally, my eyes fell on number 35 in the back and white jersey and I squealed, s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter