For Kim Jongin

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[CONTENTID1]FOR KIM JONGIN - PENELOPE'S POV[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A/N: Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, I really needed some time off. I feel much better now but it still hurts to walk past his little room and see that his bed is empty. I miss my dog. Writing seems to help so that's what I'll try doing. Hope you guys like this chapter :)

 

 

I really had no idea what I was doing. I liked Kai - that much I was sure of. Seeing him quickened my heart rate, hitched my breathing and made my palms sweat. I liked just about everything about him; the way he smirked with one side of his mouth, the way he rubbed the back of his neck when he was nervous, the way he chewed on those y, plump lips of his when the teacher asked him a question, the way he went out of his way to touch me. I was totally, hopelessly in like with him. Behind those pretty brown eyes, I saw a deep pain, a hurt so strong I was afraid it might even break me. I saw strength that promised to support me no matter how thin the ice or how scary the storm. I saw yearn that clawed at me like that lurking feeling of anxiety you got whenever you put off doing your homework; you knew you could do it, you could so easily try your hardest but something kept holding you back. Something important or unimportant but still, it stopped you from doing that homework yet the anxiety of having it incomplete constantly ate at you. Behind the y yet shy god that was Kim Jongin, I saw a boy who was willing to throw away his needs in order to put others first. But... Oh yes, there was a but. A big one.

Oh Sehun.

The tall, blonde Ice Prince also made me nervous. He made my cheeks redden at his every word, the little voice in my head told me to get closer to him. And I seldom went against that voice. Sehun was so beautiful, inside and out. I saw beauty in the facade he created for the world to see and how, deep down and behind the scenes, he was just a boy who wanted more than his upbringing would allow him. I saw a boy who wanted what I wanted; freedom from the chains that was our social class. I saw Sehun, the conflicted teenager with an attitude problem, smooth dancing skills, witty humour and a dislike for his insipid sister. Not Oh Sehun, the cold, uncaring socialite who disregarded his friends and paid no attention to all the girls who confessed their love for him. I saw the real Sehun. And it captivated me.

"Hello? Earth to Penny?" Cleo sang, clicking her fingers in front of me. I blinked several times before snapping out of my daze. The classroom was empty, save for the two of us, and I scrambled to my feet, shoving my things into my bag. Cleo gave me a weird look as I hurried out of the room and she followed me to my locker. "Okay, Pippa, what's up? You've been spacing out all day." I smiled at the nickname she'd given me when we were seven years old; she hadn't used it in a long time and it brought back fond memories.

"I'm going on a date with Kai tonight," I admitted and her eyes went wide. She burst out in a fit of squeals, jumping up and down like a rabid bunny. 

"That's great news!" She beamed, clapping zealously. Her smile faltered when she saw my conflicted expression. Sighing, she sobered up and folded her arms, leaning against the lockers. "Alright, what else?"

"I think I like Sehun as well," I mumbled and she gasped, throwing a hand over . "Don't tell anyone though! I really like Kai, like so much...but after going to the benefit with Sehun...I don't know. Help meeeee!" 

"Oh, babe. You're in trouble," she grunted, massaging her temples. She then put her hands on my shoulders and squeezed. "Don't worry, I'm gonna help you. This calls for a Clenelope Session." I giggled at the terminology we'd created in our first year of high school, used to describe the gossip sessions we had whenever either of us needed advice or to vent. "Let's go."

"My car or yours?"

"Mine got towed," she said and I raised a brow at her. "Don't ask. We'll take your ride. I've got something juicy to tell you."

"Awesome," I grinned, shutting my locker before we fell into synchronised strides to the school parking lot. We got to my car and entered, pulling out of my spot before driving off into the streets of Dallas, Texas. The houses got larger and fancier the closer we got to our neighbourhood; Cleo lived a few doors down from me. Parking in my driveway, we exited the car and I threw the keys to the Valet. 

 

"Welcome home, Penny," Henrietta beamed, kissing my cheeks. She turned and smiled at Cleo. "Hi, sweetie." She kissed her too.

"Hi, Rita. What smells so good?" Cleo asked, putting her nose up in the air as she breathed in. 

"Always thinking about food," she laughed, rolling her eyes. "I'm cooking up some sweet snacks. You girls want me to bring it up when it's ready?" 

"Yes, please!" We both replied, grinning from ear to ear. She nodded and returned to the kitchen and we made our way up to my bedroom. Closing the door behind us, we threw ourselves onto my bed and kicked off our shoes. 

"I'm exhausted," she groaned, twirling a strand of her hair as she stared up at the ceiling. "I have so much homework to do. Have you done that economics assignment from Mr Candy?"

"Duh, who do you think you're talking to?" I scoffed. She rolled her eyes and grabbed my bag, taking out my books and notepads. "Cleo, you can't just copy my work word for word!"

"I'm not gonna copy it word for word. I'm gonna change a few," she grinned, starting to scribble down the answers to the essay questions. Looking down at her watch, she mumbled incoherently. "Right, we have a few hours before the guys come. I'll finish the homework then we can get ready."

"Okay," I shrugged. Then, her words registered and I gasped, slapping her arm. "We!?" A grin touched her face and she blushed a little, peaking at me through her curved lashes. "Cleo, you have a date? With who?" She gave me a look. "Oh my god! Chanyeol!?"

"Mhm," she mumbled, obviously fighting a giggle. Grabbing her, I began squealing like a pig and she laughed, squealing along with me. "I'm so excited! And nervous. I don't know what to wear...what will I say? He's so different from anyone I've ever dated."

"Calm down, Cleopatra! You're not dating yet, take things slow," I giggled, rubbing her arm. "We're both in trouble, huh? What will our parents think if they find out? What if people from school find out and tell me?"

"Y'know what?"

"What?"

"Let them. everyone, who cares? I hate that Stacey anyway and Suyun is a mindless baboon," she spat and I bit my lips, holding back a laugh. "That's right, I said baboon. them and our parents. What's the worst that can happen?"

"They cut us from their trust and leave us penniless-"

"Ha! Penniless. Get it? Penny...okay, not the time," she mumbled, awkwardly scratching her head.

"They could leave us with nothing," I continued. "Then what would we do?"

"What every other normal person does - work for our money. Neither of us want to run our fathers' companies anyway," she shrugged and I sighed, rubbing my temples. "I know it's easier said than done but the way I see it, our dads both adore us. If they truly care about us, they'll let us date whoever we want."

"Yeah, that's what you'd think," I snorted. "Well, whatever. Forget them! Tonight, we go on dates with two awesome guys. Let's choose what we're gonna wear." As I got up, she grabbed my arm and yanked me back down. "What the-"

"Are you forgetting something?" She asked, raising her brow. I furrowed mine in confusion. "Sehun? We still have to talk about him." I groaned, flopping face-down on my mattress. "Do you think you, y'know, like him as much as you like Kai?" I pondered the thought for a moment, wanting to be sure before I answered. 

"I don't know," I answered truthfully.

"Well, you don't have to decide just yet," she smiled, reassuringly rubbing my back. I smiled back up at her, thanking my lucky stars for being blessed with a friend like her. Cleo Montenegro was my rock. "Come on, Pippa, let's get ready for our dates." With a cheerful nod, I followed her to my wardrobe and we browsed the rows and rows of clothes. 

"How can we decide what to wear if we don't even know where we're going?" I grumbled, fiddling with one of my cashmere sweaters. She shrugged a shoulder and pulled out her phone, sending who I assumed was Chanyeol a text. After a few seconds, she received a text back. "He's eager, at least." She grinned at me and unlocked her phone. "What's he saying?"

"It's a surprise," she grunted, rolling her eyes. Shoving her phone in her pocket, she continued her hunt for the perfect outfit. "I'm gonna dress for dinner and a movie. That's what I expect Chanyeol to have planned." 

"I'm gonna dress for...a walk. Kai looks like someone who's in need of some relaxation," I replied, picking up a white floral-print dress. Grabbing a pair of white pumps and jewellery, I made my way back to my room and placed them on my bed. I then showered, Cleo doing so after me. Once dried, I changed into my outfit and pulled my hair into a wavy ponytail, tying it with a cute bow. I applied makeup to my face and waited for Cleo to finish. 

"Wow, you look ado

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter