A Glimpse into the Future

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]A GLIMPSE INTO THE FUTURE - PENELOPE'S POV[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]A/N: as the title states, this is a glimpse into the future. After this chapter, we'll go back in time and you'll find out how some of these things happened (in one chapter)...who exactly did our Penny end up with? Can you guess? It probably won't be that big of a surprise but it'll be fun, right? Right, guys? ._. Well I hope so anyway! Only two more chapters after this one. :o 

edit: sorry for the no update yesterday, I was travelling back home to Scotland. I'll try to update the second last chapter today as well but I have a lot of work to do for going back to school so no promises >.<

PPS I haven't spell-checked this chapter so please forgive me for any mistakes :(

 

 

NOW {5 Years Later}

Dear Diary,

It's been four years since I've taken over PetroPark. My father retired a very rich man at the age of 62, remarried to his childhood love, Charlize Van Halen - well, Charlize Park. They are now sixty six and living in the suburbs of Dallas, the home I grew up in having been demolished and the land used to build a luxury resort on, owned by MonteOil (Cleo's father's company) which is now run by Park Chanyeol, who has taken it over instead of her. They are now married and reside in Austin, Texas, when neither are on business trips around the world. They even have their second child on the way. Proud auntie Penny! It's safe to say that they are living their happy ever after.

As for the rest of my friends? I'll tell you what happened to each of them. Or most. It depends on how tired I get throughout the story, I need a lot more rest these days. Now, let's see...where to start? We'll go with Kyungsoo. He and Brontë didn't last long after that night, five years ago. Their career paths drove them apart but they ended on a good note. They're still friends to this day, the same can be said for me and her. She's now engaged to a nice man in her post-graduate neuroscience class. And Dani? Dani got hitched, for real this time, to the brother of that friend she mentioned many years ago. Kyungsoo is dating Tanya...you know, my high school friend? I know, crazy. They got together under crazy circumstances but that's a story for another day. 

Kai moved back to South Korea to be with Hyosung. I know, like, what? I didn't actually think they'd last. He's a choreographer for his best friend Taemin's music group. I forget the name of the company they're signed under. Lay and Sunhwa are newlywed and expecting their first child. Babies just keep popping out! Sehun and Sunny were reunited years ago and I finally found out how they met. Kris, Luhan and Tao are all living in china but they visite often, usually with awesome gifts. Youngjae, Daehyun, Namjoon, Junhong and Jungkook all work under VIXX Enterprise now, after being hired for their keen attention to detail. Bull. They're probably spies or something but I don't question it. Not usually, at least. Now, one person I definitely want to talk about is-

I heard the door open and close and set my pen down, closing my diary. I'd taken up writing in my last year of university after having decided that too much happened in my life for me not to start recording them. Someone was going to have to write my Wikipedia profile, it might as well be myself. I looked down at my rounded stomach and it, smiling when I felt a kick. I heard the ping of a jacket and looked up, watching him as he took it off and threw it onto one of the sofas. His shoes were still on, I shot him a glare.

"You know I hate it when you wear shoes inside the house," I scorned and he blushed, taking them off. He then strode towards me and I stood up, lacing my arms together over his shoulders. He hugged me at my waist and I smiled up at him. His height had always been something I loved about him. I'd always had a thing for tall men. "How was work?" 

"Stressful. But we bought over a dance studio," he answered, his fingers the small of my back. 

"Another one?" I asked and he nodded, grinning happily. He'd always loved to dance, yet another thing that had appealed to me. I remembered clearly the first I'd seen him dance, it had been at a party that I'd hosted in my own home. "I'm happy for you." He leaned down and kissed me sweetly, his lips softly caressing mine. I yanked myself away and groaned at my stomach. 

"Is she kicking?" He asked and I nodded, glaring at our unborn child. He smirked and got down on one knee, lifting up my knitted sweater so that he could see my bare, eight-month old bump. I shuddered when he brushed his lips over it, planting little kisses all over my flesh. "Hey, there, my sweet Dora. It's your daddy speaking. I know you're excited to get out and, frankly, so are we but be a little easier on your mommy, okay? Please?" I giggled at how softly he spoke to her. It made my heart swell. The kicking didn't soften but it got less violent. "See? She's gonna be a daddy's girl for sure." Since Nate and Victoria had decided on only having one child, Elijah, she'd given me the name Pandora (the one I'd loved the most from her choices, prior to her knowing Elijah's ) and thankfully, my husband had instantly loved it when I'd suggested it. He liked to shorten it to Dora which only annoyed me because as a child, I'd always hated the cartoon. Dora the Explorer had never been a friend of mine.

"I'll convert her," I grinned, running my fingers through his thick, messy hair. It was definitely in need of a cut but he was so busy these days, he hardly ever had time for anything as unimportant as that. Despite the fact that his work demanded his full attention, I always got it whenever I wanted it. He made time for me no matter his prior commitments. I was his number one priority, much like he was mine. "Isn't that right, sweetie? You're gonna be a mommy's girl, right?" I felt a harsh kick and frowned. He threw his head back and laughed. "You just wait, I'll change her mind." He snorted and kissed my stomach once more before pulling my sweater back down and straightening himself up. 

"Have you eaten yet?" He asked and I shook my head. He took my hand and lead me to the kitchen, where we started making sweet potato and cauliflower soup. We always cooked together and when we couldn't, one of us cooked for the other. It didn't matter if the other was at work, in the middle of a meeting, we brought it to them and ate together. He'd given up meat for me. Actually, he'd given up dairy products and everything else that stopped him from being a vegan, just for me. It warmed my heart now just as it had the first tim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter