Two Loves

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]TWO LOVES - PENELOPE'S POV[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A/N: this chapter is shorter than the last but still pretty long (3k words) I know I've been feeding you guys sadness and despair so here are some feels for you guys ;3 enjoy. <3

also, please comment. I really appreciate those of you that do because the comments are what keep me going. It's like my little reward for writing the chapters. Without them, there's not really a point to doing it, I feel like I'm not really getting anywhere. Thanks to my loyal, awesome supporters <3

 

 

If my time away from Kai had taught me anything, it was this: for one, alcohol solved nothing. Second, friends were incredibly important and not just for breakups. I realised that I'd been neglecting them and that had to change. Despite my cold demeanour, Cleo had stayed by me, Junhong had destroyed the walls I'd build around myself and Sehun...Sehun was another story. Remember months ago how I'd said I loved him like a brother? Bull. For some crazy, inexplicable reason, I'd started developing feelings for him again. It baffled me because the guy had not spoken a word for four weeks yet he'd somehow managed to comfort me like no one else could, not even Junhong. Two weeks ago, he'd awoken from his coma and it had been the best day I'd had in a long time. Being with him made me forget about Kai, if only for a little while.

"What do you mean he's trying to win me back?" I asked, shocked at what I'd just been told. Sehun nodded as I helped him into his sweater.

"Yep, the guys, Cleo and even Zelo have been working together. That's what those little notes are for," he divulged and I felt my jaw drop. I'd found a note when I'd woken up that morning telling me to go to the place where I'd fixed Kai's tie before introducing him to my parents. I'd been following all the clues before I'd received a call from Naomi telling me that Sehun urgently needed to see me. Cleo had seemed very distraught about it and now it made sense. 

"Well, ," I mumbled but couldn't hide the smile that crept across my face. It reached my eyes and I felt happiness bubble inside of me at the knowledge that Kai still loved me like I loved him and he was trying to reunite us. Then, the realisation that I, once again, had to push Sehun aside hit me and the happiness was dulled. "But that means-"

"You know what I think?" He asked and I shook my head, curious as to what he had to say. Then again, I always wanted to hear what the blonde had to say. "I think people have more than one soulmate. I think it just depends on who claims your first. I missed my chance."

"Sehun-"

"But I still want you to be happy, even if it's not with me. Who knows...maybe we just don't fit as well as you and Kai do. Maybe we do, maybe the future holds something for us. That's the beauty of life; we just don't know," he continued, a small smile on his handsome face. He sat up in his hospital bed and swung his feet over it, standing up. He towered over me and took my hands in his. "I'm happy just being your friend. I'll take what I can get."

"Me too," I murmured, staring up at him. My next words were as sincere as they were impulsive. However, I would not regret them. "Can I kiss you? Just this once. It's all I need." He smiled again before closing the distance between us and covering my mouth with his. The kiss started off soft and slow but deepened into something more hungry and yearning. I curled my fingers into his cotton-clad chest and melted into his warm embrace. After a blissful eternity, he broke away and pressed a kiss to my forehead before staring into my eyes.

"I'm in love with you. I have been for a long time now and I don't regret falling for you," he revealed and I gulped, my heart leaping in my chest. I opened my mouth to speak but he silenced me with a chaste kiss. "Don't say anything. I just wanted you to know. Now, let's go get you your man back." 

"Okay," I said. I wasn't sad or heartbroken. What I felt was weird and foreign but not unpleasant. Somehow, knowing I couldn't be with Sehun didn't hurt as much as I thought it would. Something told me this was not the end of our adventure. My heart was, however, claimed by Kim Jongin and I did not regret that either. We walked out of the hospital hand-in-hand and bid Naomi farewell for the time being. We got into my car and Sehun proceeded to tell me his plan which differed slightly to Kai's. I then drove us to the next hospital and parked nearby.

", that girl hates me," I whispered to Sehun, pointing at Sunny who stood at the reception desk, talking to a fellow nurse. Sehun's eyes widened and I saw recognition flicker in them. "What? Do you know her?"

"I met her on the night of the attack," he mumbled, his brows knotted together. Jealousy filled me but I pushed those thoughts away. "Sunny, I think she said her name was. How old do you think she is?"

"She's twenty, two years younger than Naomi," I answered. "She's Sanghee, Kai's mom's, favourite nurse. Well, trainee but yeah. Want me to introduce you?" 

"Later," he replied, grasping my hand once more before instructing me to lead him to our target. We snuck past several nurses and doctors, surreptitiously slipping into Sanghee's room and closing the door behind us. "Cleo will have told Chanyeol that you ditched by now and he'll have called Kai. If I know Kai, he'll be on his way over to see his mom." I followed him to Sanghee's bed and smiled at the frail woman. Taking her hand in mine, I squeezed her pale fingers and gasped when her eyes flew open.

"Penny. You came back," the woman croaked and I smiled, nodding shyly. "I knew you would." Her eyes went to Sehun. "Who is this handsome fella?"

"Sehun, a really good friend of mine and Kai, too," I told her.

"Pleasure to meet you, ma'am," he said, bowing before her. She chuckled and beckoned him over, grasping his hand with her free one. 

"Call me Sanghee. It's nice to meet you too, Sehun," she replied warmly. "Not to sound rude but what are you two doing here?"

"I'm here to bring Kai and Penny back together," he answered and the smile that graced her face was enough to make my heart do three backflips. Her eyes then studied us, shifting back and forth between me and Sehun. A knowing look set on her worn face but she said nothing. We waited patiently for my ex to arrive. Soon enough, the door opened and our heads snapped in its direction.

"What is this? Umma!?" Kai exclaimed, his eyes wide. I saw the roses in his hand and my heart warmed. I gulped down my worries and stalked towards him. Stopping only a foot away from him, I stared up at his handsome face. "You didn't come."

"Yes, I did. I'm right here," I murmured, glee building up inside me as his lips

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter