Heist #3 - Bombs and Ropes

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]HEIST #3 - BOMBS AND ROPES[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A/N: sorry for the update overload guys >.< I just write a chapter then I can't wait for you guys to read it and I get all impatient and URGH. Mianhe~

 

 

Penelope's POV

 

If I didn't know what we had planned for our next (and final) heist, I would think this one was the stupidest, craziest and best one yet. I sat in the middle of my bed, sheets of scribbled-on paper surrounding me, along with blueprints of a building. I grabbed my notepad and a pen and started writing down backup routes in case the mission went haywire. A knock sounded on my door and I inwardly groaned.

"Come in!" I shouted, putting all the notes into stacks as Henrietta poked a head through the door. "Hey, Rita. What's up?" I pulled out my AP Statistics book and pretended to do the homework is completed two weeks ago, before it had even be due. What could I say? Me and school had a close relationship. 

"Your parents want you downstairs," she said and I froze, looking up at her. I nodded slowly and slipped off my bed, shoving my feet into my booties. I silently followed her down the stairs and into the larger of the two living rooms in the house. She bowed respectfully before leaving me to face whatever I was about to face. I fixed my hair and walked up to my parents who sat on opposite sides of the same sofa. Had they recently had a fight? Did I even care?

"Did you ask-" 

"What, you're just gonna ignore me?" A familiar voice asked and I turned around to see that my sister was sitting on a red couch. I squealed and we both ran into each other's arms, jumping up and down as we hugged excitedly. I pulled back and took a good look at my sister. She had a beautiful glow and seemed a little more plump but it suited her. Her red velvet hair was now gone and replaced with her natural dark locks that cascaded down her back in pretty ringlets. "Damn, I'm loving the hair." She ran her fingers through my reddish locks and pinched my cheek. "When did my baby sis get so hot?"

"Probably around the time she started rebelling," our mother muttered annoyingly. I rolled my eyes and Victoria bit back a snigger. "I swear, she's more and more like you every day."

"I should be so lucky," I snorted, if only to defend myself and also my older sister. It was Victoria's turn to roll her eyes. "So, what are you doing here? I thought you were supposed to be in South Africa now."

"I was but I had to fly home with some news," she said, smiling bashfully. "I didn't want to say anything until you came downstairs. You're actually the first person I want to tell but since mom and dad are here, I might as well let them know."

"Oh, my gosh. You're-"

"Pregnant," she blurted and my parents' faces blanched. I threw my arms around my sister and screamed at the top of my lungs, spinning her around in circles. I then realised what she'd just told me and put her down gently. I took a moment to study her again, this time noticing that the glow wasn't just in her face but all over her body. Her hair was healthy and bountiful, her lips naturally red and her cheeks flushed. Her stomach was slightly swelled. 

"Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, unnie," I whimpered, tears pricking my eyes. She laughed and hugged me again. I let the tears fall and wrapped my arms around her, squeezing her warmly. I often forgot that there were eventful things that happened outside of my circle of friends, outside the drama that was my own life. I often forgot my sister was in a strong marriage and it was only a matter of time before there was a new addition to the family. Perhaps because I idolised her so much, I made it seem as if she didn't do normal people things like pick her nose or poop. It was like trying to imagine your favourite celebrity doing those things - it didn't seem to make sense. In a way, I was so envious. I only prayed I would be blessed with a husband like Nate and a marriage so beautiful. 

"Take advantage of this, this is your chance to take fat pics of me," my sister laughed, wiping her tears. I repeatedly kissed her cheeks until she was laughing even harder. "If getting knocked up was all I needed for you to shower me with love, I would've done it a long time ago." I rolled my eyes and kissed her again. We both knew I showed her more love than I showed my shoes, and vice versa. 

"When did you find out?" I asked.

"I knew around Christmas time but we couldn't say anything until we entered the second trimester," she replied. I recalled how much more protective Nate had been when we'd all went on the ski trip, along with Kai. I hadn't thought much of it back then but now it made sense. He hadn't let her go down any of the big slopes which had obviously pissed her off to no end but she'd abided his rules. That alone should've been a dead giveaway because Victoria seldom allowed people to boss her around. I took after her. "Three months and twelve days along now."

"Was it planned?"

"Definitely. We've been trying for over a year," she answered, a dreamy smile on her face. Seeing her happy only made me even happier and I hugged her again. "We're thinking, if it's a girl, Pandora, Verity or Arielle. If it's a boy, Elijah, Wesley or Theodore."

"How are you gonna choose!? I love all those names!" I groaned. All this baby talk was getting me excited and I completely forgot our parents were still in the room. 

"Congratulations, Vicki," dad smiled, putting his arms around her and giving her a genuine hug. I was taken aback at his show of affection towards his oldest daughter. He pulled back and gave my mother a pointed look. She plastered a smile on her face and 'air-hugged' Victoria.

"I'm overjoyed for you, dear!" She beamed and I inwardly rolled my eyes. "But I thought you were going to name your child, of its a boy, Nicholas. I've always wanted a Nicholas."

"I hate Nicholas," Victoria deadpanned and I had to bite back my laughter. "Now, if you'll excuse us, I have to go tell Rita and Artie then gossip with my lil sis." She took my hand and lead me away from our parents and into the kitchen. The couple stood at the island, Arthur tossing salad for his fiancée. "Guess what?"

"I told you she was pregnant," Henrietta smirked, elbowing him in the ribs. We gaped at her, wondering how on earth she could've guessed without so much as a hint. "What? A woman knows. Come here, my sweet!" She ran over and embraced her, planting kisses all over Victoria's face. Arthur followed, taking us all into a group hug. "Congrats! You're going to be a great mother and Nate will be a wonderful father."

"Thanks, Rita," my sister blushed, tucking hair behind her ear. We conversed with the older couple for another half hour or so until Daddy Park came in and questioned why he had yet to be fed. Victoria and I then went up to my room and sat down on my bed. I was taken back to when we were younger, around her early to mid twenties, and she used to let me into her room and she'd tell me about how demanding medical school was but she loved it and how she'd met a handsome, kind young man that seemed interested in her. Now, after nine years of being together (five of them in marriage) she and Nate were finally having a baby. 

"I can't wait now," I gushed, taking her hand in mine. We sat cross-legged in the middle of my bed, pillows in our laps, facing each other. "I'm going to spoil him or her rotten. I'll buy them whatever they want and I'll visit often. I'm going to be the best auntie ever. I'll be their favourite auntie."

"Pabo, Nate's an only child. You'll be the only auntie," she reminded me and I rolled my eyes. "But I agree, the baby will love you. I'm so excited!"

"Promise me you'll take me ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter