Break An Egg, Make An Omelette

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Break An Egg, Make an Omelette[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]

On ne fait pas d'omelette sans casser des œufs.

~

3rd Person POV

 

Logan Samuels really hated Kim Kai. More than he hated Kim Kai, he hated that the bastard boy had everything he didn't: real friends, earned scholarships, good grades and, most importantly, Penelope Park. He had his girl and it pissed him off to no end. Though he wasn't giving up that easily. Oh, no. He'd been gathering information on the South Korean boy for the past few months. He'd managed to break the couple up but that plan had fallen through two weeks ago when they reunited. He'd managed to almost get Kai and his of a friend, Sehun, kicked off the team but that too had backfired when the coach had stuck up for them and kicked him off. 

Logan was livid. He wanted nothing more than to tear apart the lower-middle class punk. As he stormed down the street, he kicked over trash cans and shoved elderly women aside. He found his way to his partner's lavish house and knocked harshly on the large door. An older man opened it but before he had a chance to speak, Logan pushed past him and shouted his partner down. Stacey Harlow descended from the second floor in a silk dressing gown and her hair in curlers. 

"What the are you doing here uninvited?" She demanded and he had to fight the urge to throttle the stupid blonde. 

"It didn't ing work. The plan didn't work, why aren't we doing something about it?"

"Because, genius, the Kim family have a very hard history to find. I told you I have someone working on it, have some ing patience," she snapped. Clicking her fingers, she dismissed her butler and continued down the stairs until she reached the ground floor. She blew on her freshly manicured nails and glanced up at him. "Is that all?"

"No. I want that him dead. I want to ruin him!" Logan barked, hatred and anger mixing inside him, fuelling his every word and action. To the world, he was a mean guy, a bully. But deep down, that wasn't all there was. There was animosity unlike any other, an evil that burned so deep it marred his soul. Logan Samuels was not a bully, he was a monster.

"Woah, okay. Chill pill," Stacey snorted and his arm shot out, grabbing her by the throat. Her eyes bulged out as he squeezed her neck, slowly choking her. "S-stop. Lo-gan, p-please!" The boy released her and she sank to the ground, gulping in air as she protected with her hands. "You're ing insane." 

"Find something fast or, next time, I won't let ease up," he snarled and his heels, storming out of the house. For the first time, Stacey wondered if she'd bitten off more than she could chew. Shaking with fear, she raced up the stairs and locked herself inside her room. She found her phone and dialled the number of the private investigator she'd hired.

"Hello?"

"Tell me you have something," she pleaded.

"Actually, I do. The father, Kim Kyung, works for several oiling companies. One stood out, however," the investigator started and she heard the smile in his voice. "I'll need an extra 10% for this information." Stacey swore under her breath but she knew she was desperate, and so she complied.

"Fine, just ing spill!"

"Kim Kyung is a truck-driver for PetroPark Industries," he revealed and a cruel grin etched itself across Stacey's face. She hung up on the investigator and walked to her wardrobe, taking her time to choose her outfit. What did one wear when they were about to ruin a person's life? She decided on a white cropped tank top, denim shorts and suede ankle boots. She took out the curlers in her hair and let the blonde locks tumbled down her back beautifully. Stacey Harlow knew she was a pretty girl and knew damn well how to use that to her advantage. This time, however, she didn't need her looks to get the job done. She dialled her partner's number and listened to the phone ring.

"What?" Logan snapped as soon as he picked up. She almost didn't want to tell him. Almost. But she had to or she was pretty sure he wouldn't hesitate to have her killed. After all, he hadn't hesitated to send the C-Line, as everyone called them, to ambush Sehun weeks ago. The trio were now skipping town because the boy was relentless in his pursuit of justice/revenge. If Stacey knew the Oh family - and she certainly did - they all had a key trait of being persistent. When they latched onto something, they didn't let go until they got what they wanted. Oh Sehun was close to finding out about the trio and when he did, and Stacey was adamant he would, there would be nothing in the world that could save them. 

"Kai's father drives trucks for Mr Park," I revealed. The line went dead as Logan hung up and Stacey couldn't help but feel relieved. She knew she was a bad person. Hell, she kind of enjoyed it. But something told her this wasn't right - and it wasn't like all the other times she'd messed with someone's life. This time, Logan was involved. This time, there was pure hatred. This time, someone had gotten badly hurt, enough to be put into an induced coma.

This time, she didn't see a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

~

Logan smirked as he put down his phone. If there was any time he'd ever felt grateful to have such pathetic parents, it was now. He strode out of his room and into his father's office without knocking. The man looked up from a client in one of the chairs before him and glared at his son for intruding on a multimillion deal. 

"We need to talk," Logan said.

"It can wait. As you can see-"

"Now. We need to talk now," he insisted, trying very hard to keep his voice below a shout. He might be short-tempered but Logan knew if he was to follow in his father's footsteps and become even richer, he had to know when to hold his tongue and control his tone. His father clenched his jaw but apologised to his client and stood up. Logan walked out of the office, his father following closely behind. The man closed the door behind them and the two males turned to face each other.

"Are you ing crazy? That was Simon Jackson in there! Do you know what a deal with him could mean?" Mr Samuels growled and his son fisted his hands, fighting the urge to beat the out of the older man. "What the do you want?"

"I need you to call that of yours and make her do something for me," Logan told him and his father furrowed his brows in confusion. Logan rolled his eyes. "Lindsay Park. I know you've been sleeping with her. I need you to call in a favour." 

"You really are crazy. Are you ing stupid? I only sleep with the woman to keep ties with her father's company!" Mr Samuels hissed, keeping his voice down as much as he could. "How else do you think you ended up with Penelope? The girl is way out of your league. The only reason you managed to get with her is because I ed her mother." Logan rolled his eyes again, uninterested in his father's intentions. 

"Look, I don't give a about all that. Penelope left me for some -stain whose father works for Mr Park," he said, clenching and unclenching his fists. The teenage boy had serious anger issues and violent tendencies. "Either you ask her yourself or I'll make sure Mr Park finds out of your recurring affair with his wife." Mr Samuels' eyes darkened with both pride and disgust at the fact that his own son had just threatened him. 

"Name?" He asked, pinching the bridge of his nose. Logan smirked evilly and turned around to walk away. He glanced over his shoulder as the words left his lips.

"Kim Kyung." He walked off into his bedroom and allowed his father to get to work. Mr Samuels sighed and returned to his office to seal the deal with the fellow oil tycoon before he focused on what his son had asked of him. After an hour or so of negotiating, the meeting came to an end and his new partner left the house. Logan returned to his father's office and filled him in on everything he knew about the Kim family, which wasn't much but it was enough. The man grabbed his phone, calling the woman he was sleeping with not-exactly-behind his wife's back. 

"I told you never to call me. I'll call you if I need you," Mrs Park snarled as soon as she picked up her phone. How was she supposed to keep the affair a secret from her idiot husband if her partner didn't follow the rules she'd set the first time they'd slept together, two years ago? 

"I need something from you. Something that's not ," the man replied and she groaned, rubbing her face with annoyance. She hoped he was not about to confess his undying love for her. She had no time to deal with something like that. She was a busy woman. "Actually, Logan needs something from you."

"If it's about Penelope, save it. My daughter does not want to be with your pathetic excuse of a son," she snapped and he felt anger and hate stir inside him. If Lindsay Park wasn't such a beautiful and equally success businesswoman, he never would've involved himself with her. In simpler words, the woman was a ing . "She won't take him back. Besides, she's with that Kai kid." 

"Yeah, he's actually the main concern. See, Logan has informed me that the boy is actually of lower-middle class," he revealed and her face morphed into one of shock, realisation and then anger. "I'm currently faxing his school records to you." As if on cue, the notes were printed at her desk and she snatched them up, quickly reading through them. "The Kai kid is a leech."

"Mother. er," the woman bit out, slamming her fist down on her desk. She'd known something had seemed off about th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter