Happy Couple

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Happy Couple[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A/N: this chapter is just for feeeeeels. You guys are awesome so I want to reward you with some nice, feely feels of Penelokai. Kainelope? Penelongin. Jongelope. I'm gonna stop now. Enjoy! 

 

 

Penelope's POV

 

"Don't be such a chicken! Get over here," I giggled as I sliced through the icy ground in my figure skates, jumping up in a graceful spin. I landed sharply and twirled some more, beckoning Kai with my finger. He stood at the entrance of the rink, his fingers gripping the ledge until his knuckles went white. I rolled my eyes and skated over to him, flicking my feet sideways and frosting him as I came to a stop. "Don't tell me you're scared, oppa."

"Of-f-f course n-n-not!" He scoffed, his teeth chattering. It was a fairly cold day, the temperature fluctuating between five and seven degrees. Outdoor ice-rinks were opening all over the city in response to the Christmas festivities. Kai and I had decided we'd go to one of them for some fun. Whereas I was impeccably good at skating due to my many years of competing in figure skating, Kai was...well, he . Big time. "I-I'm fine! Just g-g-getting ready."

"Oppa, you're gonna get frostbite if you don't give me your hands," I said, reaching for him. He slapped my hands away and I bit back a laugh, knowing it would only anger him more. "Kai, baby, I won't let you fall. If I do, we'll go down together, okay?" He was still not moving and I sighed before an idea clicked and I grinned to myself. I turned and looked around the busy rink, my eyes landing on a boy of around my age. He looked familiar but I paid it no attention. "Fine, guess I'll have to skate with someone else!" I pushed myself forward and sped through the crowd, leaping and twirling around people until I reached my target.

"Wait! Yah, Penny, you can't leave me here!" I heard Kai shout behind me. I giggled as I skidded to a stop, bumping hips with the boy. I hadn't realised how tall he was from far away. Close up, he towered over me. His blonde hair was curly and unruly, he had black studs in his ears and a scarf covered his mouth. From what I could see, the guy was seriously attractive. And oh-so-familiar. 

"Well, hello," he said, quirking a brow at me. 

"Want to skate with me?" I asked boldly and he looked a little shocked but his expression was soon replaced with one I couldn't quite decipher. He nodded and I slipped my hand in his, pulling him with me as I skated backwards. "C'mon, keep up with me." He laughed and before I could say anything else, he dashed off, seamlessly weaving through the crowd of skaters on the ice. He dropped into a crouch, still skating, and then jumped up, narrowly yet skilfully evading a crash with someone who had fallen flat on their face. I snapped out of my dazed stare of watching him and started towards him, spinning on one leg then switching as I joined his side. "You're good!"

"Same to you," he replied, his eyes twinkling. We slowed down, skating at a steady pace as jolly music played through high speakers. He pulled his scarf down. "I'm Junhong, by the way, but some people call me Zelo." Junhong...Junhong...Zelo...Zelo...Zel-OH!

"You play football!" I exclaimed then realised how creepy that sounded. "You play football for Middleton High, right? I was at the Wilson High homecoming game." 

"Ah, yes. We competed with your school," he mused. "Our homecoming game was just last month. Your team's good, they motivate us to work harder."

"Thank you. You guys are awesome, too! You move so smoothly," I gushed and blushed when he smirked at me, revealing a deep dimple in his cheek. I had a serious dimple and so I quickly looked away, my fingers itching to poke it. I annoyed Lay everyday with my incessant probing of his cheek. Dimples were just so damn adorable!

"Thanks! I'm actually a dancer so I try to incorporate some of my dance moves into the game to get past the defence or dodge tackles," he admitted.

Oh, I've seen you dance, Choi Junhong. It's hot. 

"Thank you," he laughed and I froze, mortified that I'd said it out loud. Surely not! I couldn't possibly have said something so embarrassing outside my head. But evidently I had. "You never told me your name."

"Penelope. My name's Penelope," I mumbled, my legs numb. He grinned, revealing that dimple of his, and took my hand. It was warm against mine and he tugged me forward, resuming our slow skating around the rink. "I'm so embarrassed." My cheeks burned.

He laughed again. "Don't be, you're adorable." I blushed even harder. It wasn't until we were nearing the entrance that I remembered who I'd come here with. Said person was glaring daggers at Junhong and I swore under my breath. "Something wrong, Penelope-yah?" So he was Korean, too. I shook my head but didn't look at him in case his dimple was showing. 

"I think I'm ready to skate with my girlfriend now," Kai gritted out as we slowed to a stop. I winced at his jealous tone and glanced up at Junhong, who was grinning from ear to ear. That damn dimple. "So if you could step away from her, that'd be great."

"Kai, don't be so mean," I moaned, placing a hand on his arm. "Junhong was just keeping me company."

"Junh- wait a minute! You go to Middleton High," Kai exclaimed and I nodded, answering for the tall blonde. My boyfriend turned to me and gaped, a look of disbelief on his handsome face. "You were conversing with the enemy!?" I threw my head back and laughed. "This isn't funny! Those guys almost beat us at our own homecoming game!"

"But they didn't. Besides, Junhong's really nice," I insisted, mentally adding 'and cute'. 

"You have a beautiful girlfriend, Kai. She's lovely," he stated, smirking at me. I felt heat rush to my cheeks and looked away, hoping neither of them had caught it. Kai scowled at Junhong and grabbed my hand, tugging me behind him. "Wow, overprotective, much?"

"Yes," Kai replied curtly. I rolled my eyes but said nothing, knowing Kai needed me to stay on his side on this one. Boys were jealous things and it would be disloyal for me to in and contradict him. "She's mine. Remember that."

"I didn't come here to steal your girlfriend," Junhong laughed. "Even if she is pretty." He added that with a wink. Just then, a few other boys skated over to us, slowing down to a stop beside the cute blonde. That ing dimple. "I came here with my friends. Guys, this is Penelope and Kai. We played against Kai back in early October." 

"Ah, yes. Wilson High, right?" The pretty one with dirty blonde hair asked. They were all seriously attractive and I knew Kai knew that I was thinking it because his body stiffened in front of me and he held my hand tighter. I nodded at the boy and he grinned, his full lips looking so soft. "I'm Daehyun."

The one with red hair and great body waved shyly and introduced himself as Jongup. Beside him, a black-haired boy with plump lips and pretty eyes flashed me a smile and waved, introducing himself as Youngjae. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter