Closer To Him

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Closer To Him - Penelope's POV[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]"Ugh, I wish I had your closet!" Suyun whined as she flayed her arms and legs about on my bed. I rolled my eyes and fixed the straps of the tiny, black dress I wore. It had a deep V-neck that split right in between my s, leaving little to the imagination. I inclined my head, debating whether or not to trash the dress and then looked down at my black, caged heels. No way they're going anywhere.

"Guys, is this too ty for a charity auction?" I asked, pursing my lips at my reflection. The dress hugged my hips, clinging in all the right places, especially the way the material cupped my . Suyun, Cleo, Cassie and Tanya looked up, eyeing me up. I twirled for them and cheeky smiles spread across their faces. "I'll take that as a yes."

"No way. It's y, not ty. There's a difference," Cassie said, blowing on her freshly manicured nails. 

"Yeah and that dress is definitely ty, Cassie," Cleo chortled and I sighed, brushing my hands over the smooth material. "I say you keep it for the next senior party and buy a different one for the benefit." 

"But I just got six new dresses last week!" I moaned, turning away from the mirror. I loved shopping but I did it so often that there was hardly any room left in my walk-in wardrobe which meant I had to constantly refresh the shelves. That meant giving them away, not even to a charity but to my selfish friends. "Ugh, I'll just re-wear a dress." They all gasped and looked at me in shock and disgust. "Kidding! I guess."

"Thank god," Suyun laughed, flicking her hair. "Hey, how come you didn't invite Stace?"

"She pisses me off," I shrugged, sitting down on my dressing table. Suyun's eyes widened and I swore under my breath, having forgotten that the girl was like Stacey's pet, she reported everything back to her. "Totes kidding. I just forgot." She nodded warily then went back to fawning over my clothes. A knock sounded on the door and Henrietta entered from my bedroom. "Hey, Rita." 

"Hey, sweetpea. Are you expecting company? Other than the girls?" She asked and I furrowed my brows in confusion, shaking my head slowly. "Well, there's a boy waiting downstairs for you."

"Logan? He never comes here," I said, though really I just never invited him over. Something about having the jock in my bedroom rattled me the wrong way and I would never put myself in that position. I even wondered sometimes why he didn't break up with me, I was possibly the worst girlfriend ever; I didn't invite him over, I seldom went to his place and I refused to have , especially not with him. He could easily find someone else to do all those things with yet he stayed with me. Unfortunately. 

"Not Logan. He says his name is...well, I'll just let you see for yourself," she replied and I nodded again, getting up from the table and walking over to her. 

"I'll be right back, guys!" I shouted over my shoulder and followed Henrietta through the house and down the stairs, then to the kitchen. I felt like I'd just been slapped hard across the face when I saw the rugged male that had been haunting my thoughts sitting at the island, snacking on a plate of my caretaker's cooking. "What the fu-"

"Language," Henrietta interrupted and the word died on my tongue. Kai looked up and grinned - my ovaries exploded - the way he always did, with one side going up. "The poor boy was starving. Let me whip you up something of more substance, hm?"

"You really don't have-"

"Nonsense, you're a guest!" She beamed, strolling over to the cooker and beginning the masterpiece that was her cuisine. She looked over her shoulder and glared at me. "Penny, don't be rude. Say hi to...what did you say your name was again, honey?"

"Kai, ma'am," he replied with a nod.

"Say hi to Kai. He came all the way from the other side of the city to see you," Henrietta said, a mischievous smile playing on her lips. "Isn't that romantic? I already like him better than that Logan boy." Kai choked on his cracker and I on my saliva. We glanced at each other, our cheeks reddening. 

"Rita, stop," I strained and she rolled her eyes. I gingerly walked closer to the island. "Hi, Kai. What are you doing here? I mean...god, that sounded really rude." He chuckled and tucked a wisp of my hair behind my ear. Henrietta dropped a fork and my eyes snapped to her; she was grinning even wider. 

"You told me to come over after I finished work, y'know for the presentation?" Then it hit me. I'd gotten his number during lunch and texted him my address. It had completely slipped my mind though and I'd ended up inviting a few of my girls over for an informal dress fitting for the upcoming benefit ball that my family attended every year. "You forgot."

"Crap, I'm sorry," I sighed and he started to get up but I pushed him back down on his seat. "Don't go, we can still study. Or do research, whatever! Let me just...change. And get rid of my friends." Just then, he seemed to realise the kind of dress I was wearing and his eyes widened as they scoped me. I gulped, blushing hard under his gaze yet I couldn't move or walk away. 

"What is he doing here?" Suyun asked from behind me and I jumped, finally mobilising. "Wait...Penelope, are you cheating on Logan with this guy!?" 

"What the , Suyun?-"

"Language!" Henrietta snapped.

"What the fudge, Suyun? He's my AP English Lit partner, I'm not cheating on Logan. Stop jumping to conclusions and mind your own damn business," I hissed and she went silent, her cheeks reddening in embarrassment. Cleo, Cassie and Tanya walked up behind her and their eyes widened when they saw Kai. "English partner. Now, get out."

"Ouch. Nice going, Suyun, you put her in a pissy mood," Cassie grumbled, shoving past the other girl and exiting the room. Tanya followed, waving me goodbye as she dragged Suyun behind her. Cleo opened her arms, walking over to me for a hug. I raised my brow at her, recognising the tactic.

"He's hot," she whispered in my ear.

"I know. But nothing's gonna happen," I whispered back and she pulled away, grunting in dissatisfaction. "Life ."

"Truth," she muttered, air-kissing me before leaving with the other girls. 

"Kai, I know my little girl is beautiful but if you keep staring at her bottom, I'll have to dump this food on your head," I heard Henrietta tell him and I groaned, wishing the ground could swallow me up. I turned back to face them and Kai was blushing harder than ever and my caretaker was smirking deviously.

"Stop being so embarrassing, Rita!" I whined and she chuckled, filling a plate with the freshly made food and placing it in front of him. Then, she kissed my cheek and left the kitchen to go about her duties. I sat down at the island and chewed on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter