Heist #1 - The Rats

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]HEIST #1 - THE RATS[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]A/N: warning, do not try any of the following heists at home. Or anywhere. Lol, felt like I had to say it xD also, if you're into uber realistic fics only then turn away now. The next four chapters will not apply to you (but then again, what can people with billions of dollars NOT do? Lol we don't know what they're capable of :P) Anyways, enjoy! These were loads of fun to write ;D 

 

 

Penelope's POV

 

I flittered my tiny green tartan skirt and wiggled my toes in my expensive leather trooper boots. My head was propped up on my elbow as I drummed my blue-nailed fingers against my wooden desk, willing the bell the ring. 

 

I'd already completed the courses I'd taken at the beginning of the year through personal study and had decided for some ridiculous reason that taking five more was a brilliant idea. I now sat in AP Psychology, bored out of my mind despite the interesting subject simply because I'd had nothing to do over the weekend after planning the events that were about to come and had opted for going over my course notes. Minutes had turned into hours and before I knew it, I had covered two entire topics. 

"Penelope Park!" I snapped out of my daze and looked up at my teacher, a short and plump man in his late fifties. Despite the fact he was around my father's age, Daddy Park took care of himself and managed to brush ten years off his appearance. The same could be said for my mother. "Mind answering the question since you're so focused?" The good thing about taking psychology was that you became so good at analysing details in situations that it was almost too easy to bull your way out of things. My eyes scanned the blackboard behind the teacher and studied his every move, down to the twitching of his left eye, the bead of sweat on his forehead and even the gritting of his nails against the white chalk in his hand.

"Robert Sternberg's triarchic theory states there are three types of intelligence. Componential, experimental and contextual intelligence," I answered smoothly, brushing a hand through my short hair. I'd recently cut my hair into a bob. Although I loved my long hair, I felt like I needed change. It also made my parents think I was becoming rebellious which, in a way, was certainly true. Just not in the way they were thinking. I twirled my chestnut locks with my finger and smirked at the teacher who was getting redder by the minute. "Componential intelligence is the ability to compare-"

"Yes, we get it, you studied," he snapped and I grinned wider. Although he tried hard to hate me, I knew the man actually liked me. I knew that because I was the only one in the class that paid attention to him and I received the best marks, which was to be expected. "That was an easy one anyway." He continued lecturing us and I continued to pretend I was taking note of what he was saying. Unlike me, my classmates openly expressed their boredom and most fell asleep, the few awake ones choosing to play games on their phones or text their friends. I pursed my blue lips and flicked my eyes to my right, where Kyungsoo sat doodling on his notebook, then to my left, where Kris engraved his name into the wooden desk. 

"Is it bad that your skirt has been riled up for the last thirty minutes and I didn't tell you because I've been staring at your legs?" He asked and I gasped, feigning offence as I smacked his arm. He smirked and went back to his handiwork. I drummed my fingers some more and as if an answer to my prayers, the bell finally rang and dismissed us. Every student leapt to their feet and filed out of the classroom. I went to my locker, Kris and Kyungsoo blocking me from everyone's view as I took our a bag of walkie talkies and black masks. 

"Got everything?" Kris mumbled as to not be heard. He looked me sideways and I nodded, a smirk gracing my lips. "You're adorable." I rolled my eyes and tapped Kyungsoo who then looked left and right before directing us out of the school through one of the janitorial exits.  Once we were outside, I grabbed my leather jacket from Kris' hands and slipped it on as we waited for the rest of our friends. In groups of three, the other guys and Cleo finally joined us.

"Is everyone here?" Kai called out before pulling me into a hug and kissing me lightly on the nose. I did a quick scan of the group and frowned.

"Where's Suy-"

"I'm here, I'm here! Sorry I'm late, almost got a detention!" Suyun panted as she ran over to us. She dropped her hands on her knees to catch her breath. Giggling, I rubbed her back and then we all proceeded to wait for the other group. Around the corner, an old school bus swerved into the car park and skidded to a halt several feet from us. The doors popped open and Junhong stepped off coolly, taking off his Wayfarers and slipping them into the crook of his tee. Daehyun, Youngjae and Jongup all came out in a similar fashion.

"You guys are as bad as Penny," Luhan snorted, rolling his eyes. I squealed and leapt into Junhong's arms. He grinned and bear-hugged me, planting a million kisses on my ear. To outsiders, we may have looked like a couple but everyone standing around us knew our relationship was strictly brother-sisterly. "Watch out, Kai might get jealous. Again." The boys laughed and I blushed, stepping away from the curly haired teen next to me. Whereas Kai kept his mouth shut about Sehun, he never hid how uneasy he was when Junhong and I acted cutesy.

"You're just jealous she loves me more," Junhong teased and I groaned, knowing he'd just started another war between them. Before they could continue it, however, Daehyun's phone rang and he instantly picked up.

"What? Oh, right. Yeah, yeah. No, we're basically ready. Yeah, we do. Okay. Alright, see you there," he babbled into the phone before hanging up. "Let's go." Kris threw the bag of items over his shoulder and climbed onto the bus. Yongguk sat in the driver's seat and winked at us as we all got on, one by one. As I passed him, I planted a kiss on his cheek. Naomi had finally introduced us a couple of weeks ago and he reminded me of Nate which meant I instantly took a liking to him. 

"You guys ready?" He asked and we all hollered in response. Laughing, he put on a bouncy, head-banging song and I threw everyone masks and they helped themselves to walkie talkies. My job done, I switched my eyes back and forth from the empty seat next to Kai and the one next to Junhong. They both looked at me expectantly and I inwardly groaned. An arm hooked around my waist and I was tugged down into a different seat. Looking to my side, I saw Sehun smirking.

"Thanks," I said, a smile breaking out. "What are you eating?"

"These weird Swedish candies," he answered unsurely, handing me a few. I popped them into my mouth and almost projectile-vomited. "I should have mentioned they're disgusting."

"No ," I snapped, smacking his arm. He sniggered and popped another candy into his mouth. I gaped at him but he shrugged, continuing to chew on the horrid sweet. "How are you feeling?"

"Better. It's easier to breathe now and my ribs are covered in bruises and they hurt but not enough to make me cry or anything," he replied, lifting his t-shirt to show me the handiwork of his attackers. However, all I could stare at were his perfect abs. "It's not at bad as it looks, don't worry. My head's definitely better." I snapped out of my daze and smiled up at him. "No need to worry, Pencil."

"You know I hate that nickname,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter