Logbook

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]LOGBOOK - PENELOPE'S POV[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]A/N: I'm not good at hiding things, I'm usually too obvious so even if you manage to guess who her future husband is, please keep reading anyway xD enjoy~!

PS. DO ANYONE OF YOU WATCH THE VAMPIRE DIARIES, THE ORIGINALS OR THE WALKING DEAD!?!? | need to rant!

PPS. Again, I haven't spell-checked so please forgive me and any mistakes in the chapter.

 

 
September 21st 2018

It was Elijah's 3rd birthday tomorrow. I sat in my Strategic Planning class and waited for the lecture to finish. I'd spent the entirety of the previous day preparing for this case and I knew it better than I knew how to tie my laces. I was too excited to focus on the professor's words: in a matter of minutes, Sehun would be waiting for me outside and we'd drive down to Dallas for my nephew's party. I had the best gift ever waiting for him in Victoria and Nate's house (they'd agreed to store it for me) and I was eager to give it to him and see his face when he opened it. The bell rang and I quickly packed my stuff, throwing my bag over my shoulder and rushing out of the lecture room.

"Wait, Penelope! Wait up!" I heard someone shout and turned around. Joshua caught up to me and I fought the urge to groan, plastering a smile across my face. Ever since my breakup with Sehun, he'd been hounding me for lunch and dinner dates. I thought I'd be rid of him when he left (since he was a year older) but much to my misfortune, it had turned out that he was staying for two more years as a post-graduate. Sehun and I had even tried pretending to be back together just to veer him off but nothing seemed to work. 

"Hi, Joshua," I said, smiling at him. The face I used to describe as handsome now only annoyed me. The more time I had to spend with him, the less attractive he became. "What's up? Can you make it quick coz Sehun's waiting for me outside..."

"I was just wondering if you want to maybe catch a movie tonight?" He asked, grinning. 

"Can't, I'm gonna be in Dallas all weekend for my nephew's birthday," I replied, shrugging a shoulder as apologetically as I could. I failed. "If that's all-"

"Then maybe next weekend?"

"I have a thing next weekend. A work thing," I lied and immediately tried thinking up of an excuse that a regular Starbucks barista could use. I'd ask my colleague, Jenny. "I haven't been told what it is yet."

"I understand. Maybe the week after," he suggested and, this time, I couldn't refrain from groaning. 

"Seriously, Joshua? Could it be more obvious that I'm rejecting you?" I snapped and instantly regretted being so mean about it. "I'm sorry, that was rude. It's just...I don't see you that way. You're my friend, nothing more."

"I see," he muttered. "See you around." Without waiting for a response, he turned around and stormed off. I sighed as I watched him leave angrily. I then turned back around and resumed my walk to the parking area. Sehun's red Ferrari wasn't there but instead, a black Aston Martin DB9 awaited me. A certain tall male with dyed grey hair stood next to it, grinning at me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked, stopping a foot or two from him. He opened the door for me and I furrowed my brows but got into the passenger side anyway. I trusted him, I'd known him for years now even if college had gotten in between of regular meet ups with him and my other friends. He got into the driver's side and started the car, pulling out of the parking lot. "Are you gonna answer me, pabo?" He laughed. The sound sent shivers down my spine, it didn't sound the same as it used to. But then again, I didn't see him the same as I used to. Not since the mini paint party after Artie and Rita's wedding a couple of months ago. 

"Were you always this impatient?" He asked and I pouted at him. "Alright, I'll answer. Sehun got caught up with some...things." I snorted. That meant Sunny was in town and he'd ran to her. I didn't mind though, in fact, I found it cute. I'd managed to have a talk with Naomi and she'd helped me set up the two on a blind date after we saw them interact at the wedding. "But you love me so it's fine."

"Love you? Please, I can hardly stand you," I scoffed though even I, myself,  knew it was a lie. "Since when are you so...I don't know. Never mind." He glanced at me from the corner of his eye and raised a brow in question, but didn't push. I the radio. 

We were four hours into the 27 hour drove to Dallas when I decided I'd heard enough ty music. It used to be easy to make conversation with him but ever since I'd seen him shirtless at the wedding, I found myself blushing every time I looked at him or felt his eyes on me. It shouldn't be this way but life was funny like that. 

"Let's play a game," I blurted and he glanced at me, nodding after a moment of silence. He must have felt the tension in the car also. "The picnic game. I'll start. I went to a picnic and brought an apple." 

"I went to a picnic and brought an apple and some bananas."

"I went to a picnic and brought an apple, some bananas and a...calculator," I said and his lips quirked up in amusement. "What? It doesn't have to be food, okay?"

"Is that a general rule or is that your rule?" He asked and I rolled my eyes but blushed, because I was indeed guilty of making their rule up to suit my liking. Still, he didn't object. "I went to a picnic and brought an apple, some bananas, a calculator and a dinosaur."

"Really?" I snorted, shaking my head at him. "At least mine was believable. I went to a picnic and brought an apple, some bananas, a calculator, a dinosaur and an egg."

"I went to a picnic and brought an apple, some bananas, a calculator...a...a dinosaur and an...egg? An egg and a fish," he said.

"I went to a picnic and- oh for 's sake, USE YOUR INDICATOR, !" I screamed as someone cut in front of us and we almost rammed into them. "Seriously, some people. Now I lost my place."

"Let's play a different game," he sniggered. "20 questions?" I sighed and nodded. "I'll go first. What's your favourite colour?" 

"Nice one," I giggled, playfully hitting his arm. "Pink. Coral pink, though. Remember that for next time you decide to buy me something." He chuckled, his eyes still on the road. "Biggest lie you've ever told?"

"'I'll be gentle'," he replied, smirking. I gasped and smacked his arm, earning a cackle from him. I had no idea when he became so crude and although I couldn't lie and say I hated it, it was still shocking. "Favourite childhood memory?"

"Breeding frogs in my mother's bathtub with Victoria," I answered, giggling at the memory. She had been so angry and had shouted at us. I remembered crying and Victoria comforting me, then swearing vengeance on our mother for being the cause of my tears. The next day, our mother woke up with no eyebrows. I sniggered at the image in my head. I wondered where she was now. "Favourite scenery you've ever come across?"

"I'm looking at it," he said, glancing at me. I rolled my eyes and he laughed. I found he laughed a lot around me. It made me feel a certain way though I couldn't pinpoint how.

"That was so cheesy," I scoffed, shaking my head. "Even for-" Suddenly, a pop sounded and the car vibrated wildly until finally coming to a stop. We both sat shocked and glanced at each other, then shot out of the car. "Are you ing kidding me!?"

"Wheel's busted. Must've been something sharp," he sighed, rubbing a hand over his face. 

"It's a ing Aston Martin and it can't handle a little sharp object!?" I demanded and he took a deep breath, released it then looked me in the eye. "What are we gonna do now, hm? We still have over a whole ing day of driving!"

"Yes, I know that Penelope!" He snapped. "But maybe you should shut up and let me think for a minute!" I clamped my mouth shut and glared at him. Of course it wasn't his fault but we had to follow a strict schedule if we were to get to Dallas in time for Eli's party. "Right, let's check the GPS." We went back inside the car and looked at it. "No nearby garage. !"

"Okay, okay. Let's stay calm," I said and he looked at me as if I'd just grown two horns on my forehead. "The worst thing we can do is freak out. Let's just stand at the side of the road and try to get someone to pull over and help." He sighed and nodded. The heat outside was unbelievable and I started sweating bullets. 

"You know what I wanna know? What kind of idiot decides it's a good idea to drive from Cambridge to Dallas!?" It was a good question. I'd thought it was stupid also but Sehun had insisted, stating it would be like a fun road trip between two best friends. . "It's so damn hot!"

"Let's get back inside the car," I suggested and he nodded. We went in and out the AC on the highest mode it could go. The sun reflecting through all the windows was still scorching and what was worse, I wouldn't even get a tan from it. Just then, a car drove by and we both jerked up. "!!"

"!" He swore, slamming the steering wheel. "We need to stand outside. How about doing rotations?" We stared at each other, a battle between our eyes. I sighed and opened the door, getting out. I was immediately greeted by horrid heat. I thanked The Lord I'd decided to wear shorts. I opened the car door again.

"You picked up my suitcase from my apartment, right?" I asked and he nodded.

"In the trunk," he said and I closed the door again, walking to the boot of the car. I opened it and ped my case, taking out a bikini top. I ducked down behind the car, out of his sight and the sight of potential passerbys and took of my t-shirt and bra, changing into my pink, fringe halter neck bikini top. I stood back up and tied my loose hair into a ponytail. My back was getting sticky from sweat and it was one of those moments where I wished I had my hair short again. I'd definitely be cutting it as soon possible. I moved out from behind the car and leaned on the side of the trunk, awaiting incoming traffic. Or more like praying for it. 

"I'm going to ing kill Sehuh," I growled to myself. Fifteen minutes passed and I thought I coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter