Game Plan

The Heiress
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Game Plan - Kai's POV[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]I liked her. I liked her way too much for my own good. It was only my tenth day at Wilson High and already I was crushing on the captain of the football team's girlfriend. My friends were starting to notice it, too: the way I got flustered around her. How I laughed at all her jokes - they were funny, though, and everyone agreed - and found little excuses to constantly touch her. The worst thing was that she responded; she'd blush a little when I touched her, her gaze lingered on me when she spoke to a group of us, her smiled never really reached her eyes unless she was with me. And if my friends were starting to notice our strange behaviour, it wouldn't be long before everyone else did, too. 

And then I'd be in big trouble.

"Dude, how long have you been parking here?" Chanyeol asked as I got out of my truck, the rest of the guys behind him. They were looking at me as if I were crazy or stupid - or both. I shrugged.

"Since last week, why?" 

"That's Penelope's spot," Tao said and, as I always was when he spoke, I was shocked. I watched as the familiar white Maserati pulled into the car park and stopped near us. "You're ed."

"Hold up, that is Penny's car?" I blurting, in awe at the beautiful vehicle. 

"Did you guys hear that? 'Penny's car'," Baekhyun teased and the guys laughed, each arming themselves with insults. "Last week it was 'spoiled brat' and this week it's 'Penny'. I smell-" he stopped and outstretched his arms.

"LOOOOOVE!" They all sang, fanning themselves dramatically, Xiumin throwing himself onto Chen who just laughed, scooping up the other male bridal-style. "PENNY AND KAI, SITTING IN A TREE. K-I-S-S-"

"You!" A female voice silenced them. We turned around and saw Penelope glaring at me as she got out of her car and slammed its door shut. She stormed over and poked me hard in the chest. "You're the one who's been stealing my spot!"

"I didn't see your name on the concrete, princess," I grinned and her face went red with anger. I couldn't help but think about how hot she looked when she was mad. She took a menacing step forward and poked me again, even harder this time. "You'll bruise me if you keep that up. Or are you into the ?"

"URGH!" She gasped, slapping my chest. "You're just like every other guy. A pig! A stupid, annoying...stupid pig!" 

"You forgot stupid," I said and I swear I saw steam coming out of her ears. "Okay, I'm sorry, princess."

"Stop calling me princess, you jerk," she snapped and my grin widened. I was so incredibly, undeniably attracted to this girl it almost hurt to be near her. "Jerk." 

"You said that already," I laughed, tugging a lock of her hair. She slapped my hand away and folded her arms.

"The second time was for emphasis," she retorted. "Now move your stupid pickup truck." 

"Why should I? What's in it for me, princess?" I asked, leaning my weight on my truck as I waited for her answer. I knew I was playing with fire but I wanted to see how far I could push her buttons. She was simply a precious sight all riled up and angry. "I'd need something in return for my compliance."

"Why can't you just move your stupid piece of !? IT'S MY SPOT!" She yelled, stomping her foot. How could this girl switch from hot to cute so effortlessly? I raised a brow at her, not speaking a word. She groaned, throwing her arms up in exasperation. "Fine! What do you want in return?" 

"The homecoming dance is in three weeks. I'll stop parking in your spot if you'll go with me," I said and the guys literally gasped like I'd just killed their puppies. Penelope's eyes widened more than D.O's - which was hard to do - and she fell short for words. "I'll even be cheesy about it." I put my arm through the window of my truck and retrieved a bullhorn. I'd planned to do this anyway, just not this early or in the school parking lot. I'd hoped we'd be in the cafeteria where I could embarrass her. This would do.

"What are you-"

"PENELOPE PARK. WILL YOU GO TO THE HOMECOMING DANCE WITH ME?" I asked through the bullhorn. Chanyeol was the first to burst out laughing, tears forming in his eyes until the infectious sound soon had Chen, Baekhyun, Xiumin and Luhan rolling. I looked the beautiful girl in the eyes and saw she was red as a beetroot.

"Yes," she squeaked, grinning bashfully. 

"WHAT!? HOW DID THAT EVEN WORK!?" Suho exclaimed. I grinned and pumped a fist in the air. Before I had a chance to think, I tugged Penelope flush against me and captured her lips in a kiss. The guys' laughter immediately died and she was resistant at first, then her body relaxed into mine and she parted her lips for me. My tongue slipped into , rolling against hers and giving her everything I had. Her arms wrapped around me neck and she pulled me impossibly closer, returning my feverous kiss with passion of her own. 

"Oh. My. God. Penelope!" A voice hollered and she and I jumped a few feet apart. We were both out of breath and panting, our eyes wandering to the direction in which the voice had come from. Cleo, her best friend, stood gaping at us, her books hugged to her chest. She stormed over and grabbed Penelope by the wrist, yanking her further away from me. "What the were you doing?"

"I-"

"I'll tell you what you were doing! Kissing another guy when you're already in a relationship!" She snapped and her friend looked down in shame. "What's gotten into you? This is so not like you, Pen. I know Logan's a piece of and all but he doesn't deserve to be cheated on." 

"I...I know. I wasn't thinking," Penelope whimpered, looking up at Cleo. She took her hands and squeezed them. "Please don't tell him. Don't tell anyone, it won't happen again, please!"

"Of course my lips are sealed. Just...just stay away from him," she murmured, casting a look at me. I blushed under her scrutiny and rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. I wasn't sorry that I kissed Penelope so I wouldn't apologise for that. However, I was sorry that I'd done it in plain sight where we got caught. "Kai, I'm sure you're a nice guy and all but you need to stay away from her."

"Why should I?" I asked defiantly. I had no idea what had gotten into me but I wasn't backing down. 

"Because she has a boyfriend! And she's not a cheater so I won't let you turn her into one. Come on, Pen, we're going to see Miss Jane about getting you a new partner," she d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter