Priestess and Pyromaniac

Clairvoyance
N POV~
 
"We need to introduce ourselves. Sanghyuk, as our latest rookie, you go first. Then Hongbin. Then my Taekwoonie. Then fabulous me." N giggles at the exasperated looks he got from his friends. It was right before opening time for Hyde and they were all gathered in the cafe with the new guys, eating breakfast that Leo had helped N cook.
 
"I'm Han Sanghyuk and my power is Water." Hyuk snaps his fingers and the water in a cup on the table comes out and swirls around the room in a ball a few times before returning to the cup, leaving not a single drop behind. "They saved me when a kumiho, nine tailed fox, that killed my family. He had come pretty close to catching me. I was lucky."
 
"Lee Hongbin. Earth." Hongbin reached out and touched the dead rose in the vase at the center of the table, bringing it back to life. "A kumiho killed my mom and had kidnapped me and brought me to it's den. Hakyeon and Taekwoon tracked me down and saved me."
 
"Okay Taekwoonie. You're turn." N pokes Leo's cheek, knowing by now that he hates this part and needs encouragement.
 
"Jung Taekwoon." Leo sighs and leans against the back of his chair, looking out the window. He clearly didn't intend on saying any more than his own name.
 
"Fine. I'll tell it." N pouts but allows Leo his moment of shyness. "Taek has telekenisis. You know, moves stuff with his mind. Anyway. I had been tracking a certain monster and followed a few kumiho, it's minions, to Taekwoon's house. He was holding his own pretty well but his family didn't make it. By the time I reached him his energy had ran low and they were attacking him. I managed to save him and get him to Byoungjun's for treatment."
 
"What about you?" The brown haired one questions. Both of the new psychics looked pretty interested in their background stories.
 
"My name is Cha Hakyeon and my story starts in the dead of winter in the dark of a moonless night." N begins. As tragic as his past is, he really enjoyed telling his story.
 
"Oh god. Not this again." Hongbin groans and Hyuk laughs. Leo just silently watched the street through the window.
 
"My family had ran the shrine for many generations when she came, the bulyeowoo, a 100 year old fox disguised as a beautiful woman." N continues his story despite the complaints from Hongbin. "I was a simple shrine priestess back then."
 
"You can't be a shrine priestess." Hongbin interrupts. "You're a boy."
 
"I was a shrine priestess." N glares at Hongbin.
 
"You have a boy parts." Hongbin refuses to give in. N chops him on the top of the head with the side of his hand.
 
"I was a shrine priestess!" N repeats. When Hongbin doesn't argue he starts again. "I had been finishing my nightly shrine priestess duties when I heard her speaking to my parents. She wanted their child with unusual abilities. She wanted me. When they denied her what she wanted she ripped out their hearts and set fire to the shrine. I tried to stop her but I knew I couldn't let her take me. I couldn't let my parents die in vain. I fought her off and managed to get away. I was burned and bloody and ran for hours before collapsing in front of a hospital. Byoungjun's father found me and cared for me. Byoungjun helped me uncover what the monster had been and together we discovered the evils out there and set off to save people. Now I have my group of psychic crime fighters and he has his group of normal monster hunter. Hyde cafe is actually a hunter's haven where we trade information and take time to rest. If you would like, we would be more than happy to allow you into our family."
 
"Wait. What's your power?" The manlier one inquires.
 
 
"Hakyeon has mind powers. Mind reading, telepathy, premonitions... We're not even fully sure the extent of his powers." Leo looks away from the window. "He's very powerful despite his size. Now who are you?"
 
"Oh. I'm Kim Wonshik. Fire." The healthy one holds out his uninjured hand and a flame engulf it before sputtering out quickly from his exhaustion. "This is Lee Jaehwan. He controls air." The one that had almost died farts and N bursts into hysterical laughter for at least three minutes before taking deep breaths and wiping tears from his eyes.
 
"That... was a beautiful display of power Jaehwan." He giggles and gives the now blushing man a thumbs up. N liked these new people and really hoped they decided to stay and fight with them.
 
Leo POV~
 
Sometimes it annoyed Leo how easily N got along with other people. Just because they saved these people doesn't mean they were good people. They could be serial killers for all they knew and N just wanted to bring them in and baby them like stray children. They could easily hurt N and then Leo would have to kill them.
 
"So aaaaanyway." N reaches over to play with Leo's hair. Leo rolls his eyes and grabs N's hand to stop him, holding onto it. He notices N blush and quickly drops his hand.
 
"We have to get to work." Hongbin declares, standing up and starting to clear the table.
 
"You two can go upstairs and rest some more." Hyuk suggests, helping his boyfriend.
 
"Oh. Yeah. Stupid work. I'm so sleepy." N complains. Leo knew he was lying because N had wrapped himself around Leo the moment they both got out of the shower and had slept as soundly as a dead thing all night. He hadn't even heard Hyuk and Hongbin keeping their guests awake.
 
"Lies." Leo rolls his eyes as the cafe door opens and Byoungjun enters with his group of hunters and his father.
 
"Dad came to check on the new guys." Byoungjun smiles as he comes over to N and kisses his cheek. "Maybe he should look at Taekwoon's shoulder too. You're kind of medically inept."
 
"You take that back you bastard." N pouts and Leo sighs. He was pretty sure his shoulder was infected but he didn't want to give Byoungjun the satisfaction of being right about N.
 
"It's almost healed." He stands up and goes to his piano to keep himself from kicking Byoungjun out of the cafe.
 
"Wait." N turns to the guests. "You two can make up your mind about staying or going while you rest. It would be nice to know by the time we close shop for today. But don't worry. Even if you decide to leave you can stay as long as you need to get better."
 
"Thanks." Ravi smiles and he helps Ken, follow Byoungjun's father. A thought occured to Leo.
 
"Where will they sleep?" He questions nervously. They only had three rooms.
 
"My room." N shrugs and smiles as he and Hongbin get to work filling Byoungjun's gang's orders.
 
"But where will you sleep?" Leo was positive he would not like the answer.
 
"Well I guess if you won't let me sleep in your room anymore..." N pouts and Leo flinches as he watches N bring drinks to Byoungjun's table, sitting on his lap. "Byoungjunnie. I'm being kicked out so the new guys have a place to stay. Can I sleep with you?" Daehwan, Byoungjun's boyfriend laughs and rolls his eyes as Byoungjun wraps his arms around N and puts his chin on his shoulder.
 
"I'm sure dad would love you coming to stay for a while. We miss you." Byoungjun smiles and his friends make gagging noises.
 
"Get a room." Yoonchul sighs as his boyfriend Nakhun laughs. "It's so awkward to watch."
 
"I'm trying to." N sticks his tongue out and giggles. Leo can't take it anymore. He growls as he stands and stomps over, grabbing N's wrist.
 
"That won't be necessary." Leo glares at Byoungjun as he pulls N away from him, shoving him back toward the counter to do his job.
 
"So I can sleep with you?" N asks hopefully. Leo just nods. As much as he didn't want to share a bed with N, he wanted even less for N to share a bed with Byoungjun. N had to stay here with Leo. Nobody was allowed to touch him. Nobody.
 
Hyuk POV~
 
Hyuk holds back a smile at Leo's reaction. He just wished Leo would admit, at least to himself, that he liked N. Though watching his internal battle over it was pretty amusing...
 
As he washes a table, a group of hunters come in, waiting to be served. N was busy taking another round of orders for Byoungjun's table so Hyuk decided to take their order himself. He walked in on a conversation about a job they were debating on.
 
"We can't be bothered with random disappearances. There's not enough proof it's a shape shifter." One man throws a file on the table and sighs. "I say it's a human issue and to let the police handle it."
 
"We'll go after the demon that's been making deals a few towns over then?" A girl asks, holding onto her file.
 
"As long as you don't try to set me on fire again." The other man warns, pointing a finger in accusation at the girl. She just rolls her eyes.
 
"Calm your Jaeseop. It was one time and it was an accident." She looks through the file and then notices Hyuk, smiling at him. "Hey Hyukkie. How's it going."
 
"Hey Soomi. What can I get for you today?" He laughs and shakes his head. She always reminded him of N. She and her half brother were actually psychics too but Soohyun was happier working as a mechanic and Soomi just refused to use her powers. Hyuk had heard her companions talking once and gathered that the reason she didn't use them was because she lost control of them once and had accidentally killed a girl she went to school with.
 
"You would be nice if you're on the menu yet." She giggles and Hongbin opens the kitchen door to glare at her.
 
"He is still taken you brat!" He yells and goes back into the kitchen.
 
"Hey. What about me?" The first guy tugs on the hem of Soomi's shirt and she sighs.
 
"Stop Kiseop. You'll ruin my lovely camisole." She pouts and slaps at his hand. "What a pain."
 
"Hey. Can I have that file you guys aren't taking on?" Hyuk questions, curious about the possible shape shifter association.
 
"Knock yourself out Hyukkie." Soomi smiles and hands him the folder.
 
"If she doesn't do it to you first." Jaeseop mumbles to himself.
 
"The fire thing was your fault Jaeseop! Don't make me call Soohyun and tell him you're being mean to me again." Soomi huffs in exasperation.
 
"Leave your brother out of this you pyromaniac!" Jaeseop yells back. Hyuk laughs and walks away with the file. Ever since they'd started coming to the cafe, those too had been having the exact same argument. Hyuk was almost scared to ask about the mysterious situation in which Soomi had tried to murder Jaeseop with flamey cuddles. Mostly he was scared of her trying to dramatically reenact it.
 
Hongbin POV~
 
Hyuk walked into the kitchen and tossed a file on the counter. N and Leo had followed him closely. Hongbin looks at the folder and rolls his eyes. That annoying Soomi's gift to his love life.
 
"Soomi might have found something that could be a shifter. They weren't sure and had a solid lead on a demon so I offered to take over this one." Hyuk announces as he starts to go through the file. "I hate to say it, but this looks like a job for Hakyeon and Taekwoon."
 
"What? Why?!" N was instantly pouting. Hongbin was happy for a night off with Hyuk. "Taek and I have had a mission every night for four.days. I'm tired. I need a break."
 
"You're the only one with a power that will tell you if someone is a shifter or a person." Leo informs his partner, a bored expression on his face. "Just take the day off tomorrow then if you're so tired."
 
"But Taek! How will I play with you at work if I take the day off?!" N wails as he clings to Leo. Leo pushes him away and shrugs, going back into the cafe to play his piano. Hongbin admired Leo's ability to ditch N at all times.
 
"So it's settled." Hongbin grins happily as he finishes making the order. "Hakyeon and Taekwoon will track a shifter and Hyuk and I will-"
 
"Babysit the new guys." N glares at Hongbin, smacking him on top of the head with a rolled up magazine. "No fun time for you." No... No ? Those words were Hongbin's worst nightmare. He instantly got to work making his signature ually frustrated inappropriate cookies.
 
"You heard the man." Hyuk shrugs and kisses Hongbin. "Sorry baby." Hongbin was ready to kill N.
 
"Soomi I hate you!" N yells as he picks up the finished order and leaves the kitchen. Hongbin grumbles to himself. He sort of hated both of them right now.
 
Ken POV~
 
He couldn't believe it. He and Ravi were free. He had been terrified that he had died or that it was a dream he would wake up from. But when he opened his eyes in the morning he was still in that room. Still in a bed. Still being held gently by Ravi.
 
That's where they were now. Curled up in bed together. It was weird to say the least. Not a bad weird but more like a pleasant surprise. Even if it was a little awkward. He knew he had felt a bond with Ravi but he hadn't been aware that Ravi felt it as deeply as he did.
 
"So what do you think we should do?" Ravi questions, his voice coming from somewhere above Ken's head as Ken rests his cheek on Ravi's chest.
 
"Well Wonshik... It's stay here and fight monsters or part ways to return to our families and put them in danger." Ken reasons, moving slightly to look up at Ravi.
 
"I'll understand if you want to part ways." Ravi assures him but his face looked as sad as that thought had made Ken feel. "But I want to put my powers to good use and help out here. Save people like they saved us."
 
"I want to do that too." Ken confirms with a smile, snuggling against Ravi once again.
 
"So we're staying?" Ravi wonders and Ken nods sleepily.
 
"Seems so, yes." He yawns. The doctor had told him he needed a lot of rest while his blood worked to properly replenish itself.
 
"Cool. Now get to sleep so you can get better okay? We both know that we should probably sleep every chance we get since apparently there are two erts that are noisy all night." Ravi tucks him in and kisses his forehead. "Sleep well Jaehwan." Ken goes to answer but falls asleep before he can.
 
Ravi POV~
 
Ken was alive and reciprocating Ravi's advances. He still wasn't convinced it was real. Maybe a monster killed them and this was just Ravi's heaven. That would make sense.
 
Except why would his heaven have so many weird people in it like N the 'shrine priestess'. Or Mr. Grumpy. Or even the horniest man alive and his poor victim. Boyfriend. Ravi meant his poor boyfriend. Not that Ravi was complaining. These people were amazing and he was sure they would get along great. Both with himself and Ken. Because Ravi was determined that as long as Ken would allow it, they were a package deal. Both or nothing.
 
He watches Ken sleep and smiles to himself. It seemed like a strange fairy tale or a twisted romantic story. Two men kidnapped by monsters find love in the face of death. But they had. Or at least Ravi did. He loved Ken. He didn't know when it started in the months they were imprisoned together but there was no turning back now.
 
He kisses Ken's cheek and closes his eyes. They'd tell the others their decision when they came back from working the cafe. Until then Ravi just wanted to take a nap with his Ken.