Stumble

Clairvoyance

 

Kim Wonshik made sure Hakyeon was behind them as they watched the figures across the room. Nobody made a move at first, both teams sizing each other up for what was to come. Finally, with a heavy breath, Hakyeon stepped forward, arms held out in a submissive fashion.

 

“Yoonchul. I don’t want to fight you. You’re stronger than this. You can fight this” Begging, he just slowly kept moving toward the possessed duo. “Please. At the least, fight it for Nakhun. He isn’t as strong as the rest of us. He needs you to keep him safe.”

 

“Hakyeon...” Wonshik grabbed his wrist, pulling him back and out of harm’s way as the men attacked. Cursing, he stopped Yoonchul with an elbow to the face, feeling the crack of his nose.

 

“Wonshik...” Hakyeon was close to tears, maybe close to a breakdown, still struggling over watching a man he loved kill himself. “I don’t want to lose anyone else... I can’t...”

 

“I know.” Turning to smile at Hakyeon in an attempt to reassure his fractured leader, he felt a knife slice at his rib cage. Biting back a scream of pain, he spun to kick the assailant in the ribs, sending Nakhun across the room.

 

“Wonshik!” Stepping forward, Hakyeon used a blast of energy to knock Yoonchul to the ground. “. Just get back!”

 

“Are you crazy?!” Fist colliding with Nakhun’s stomach, Wonshik shook his head, frustrated in his friend’s insistence on putting himself exclusively in danger. “I am not abandoning you!”

 

“I wont lose you, too.” Taking his focus off Nakhun for only a moment, Wonshik watched in horror as the tall man rose, jamming the black of a pocket knife into the tan leader’s stomach. Gasping in shock, Wonshik sent Nakhun across the room with another kick before running to rescue his friend. Blocking another blow to Hakyeon with his forearm, his eyes met Yoonchul’s as they struggled against each other.

 

“Hakyeon, run...” Growling, he shoved Yoonchul back, lashing out at him with fists. “I’ve got this.”

 

“N-no...” Gasping and whimpering in agony, Hakyeon got between them. Letting out a sharp cry, he collapsed to his knees and Wonshik felt such a pure wave of energy wash over him, knocking him back slightly. Yoonchul and Nakhun fell down, motionless as Hakyeon’s chest heaved, struggling to retain air.

 

“... Hold on.” Going to check pulses, Wonshik sighed in relief as he realized the two men were merely knocked unconscious. Turning to Hakyeon, he bit his lip, watching the blood seep from his deep wound. “Everything will be okay... It has to be...”

 

 

Cha Hakyeon held his hand to the knife mark in his stomach, watching the crimson seep from between his fingers. The sudden wave of energy he had released making him feel like he was floating. Closing his eyes, he tried to steady himself.

 

“Hakyeon...” Wonshik’s hands gently lowered him to the stone floor and he struggled to sit up again, knowing there was still much more they had to do to save the people they cared most for. “Stop. Let me at least dress your wound. Try to stop the bleeding as much as I can.” A sound of fabric ripping made his eyes open and he watched as a shirtless Wonshik began wrapping his tattered shirt around Hakyeon’s stomach.

 

“W-we don’t have time, Wonshik. Care for... Care for your wound. I’m going to keep going.” Forcing himself to his feet, Hakyeon stumbled toward the door leading to the next chamber. Droplets of blood trailed behind him, dripping from his fingertips as reached for the handle.

 

“Hakyeon...” Following close after him, Hakyeon felt the other man gently grab his wrist, stopping him in his tracks. “You’ll die if you don’t let me do this.”

 

“Maybe I’m going to die anyway, Wonshik?” Closing his eyes, he sighed. “Maybe that’s how this needs to end.”

 

“You know I wont allow that. Now just hold still.” Returning to his attempt at bandaging the gash in his abdomen, Wonshik cursed as the blood quickly began to stain the fabric.

 

“I’m fine.” Touching Wonshik’s cheek gently, he smiled and stepped away, finally retreating through the door. Awaiting them were two of the three people he had hoped to see the least. Hyuk and Hongbin stood, a blank look in their eyes as he and Wonshik surveyed them cautiously.

 

“...” Wonshik gripped his hands into fists and stepped forward. “Hakyeon, keep going. I’ll take them on.”

 

“Wonshik. They’ve been training their powers for a lot longer than you have...” Biting his lip, Hakyeon stepped closer to his friend. “We do this together, okay?”

 

“Fine.” Nodding slightly at Hakyeon, he let out an irritated noise. “Hakyeon, next time though...” Before he could protest, their friends moved, reacting to their voices like rabid pitbulls. Bracing himself, Hakyeon prepared for battle.