09.

Beautiful Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

9.

It was almost 10, but Shin Hye was still in the kitchen preparing their dinner while waiting for Yong Hwa to come home. With her iPad next to her, Shin Hye was trying her best to prepare beef stew for her husband, with Fried Zucchini and Seasoned Bean Sprouts as their side dishes.

“Why I even doing this for him?” Shin Hye mentally cursed herself as she was struggling chopping the garlic and onions.

Her eyes keeping on eyeing the wall clock, and at the same time feeling worried when Yong Hwa was not home yet, and top of that she was alone at home making dinner for him.

“What is he up to not even concern of his wife alone at home?” Shin Hye murmured when she started to heat up oil inside the pan.

***

On the other side, Yong Hwa was still going reviewing documents he might needs for his upcoming meeting with the directors. He took a glimpse of his watch on his wrist and noticed it was already 11.45, and suddenly remembered Shin Hye was alone at home.

‘Aishh! How can I easily forget Shin Hye was alone at home?’ He cussed silently with his hands were scrambling getting all his things stuffed into his briefcase.

***

Shin Hye yawned several times with her eyes almost close. She was too tired and sleepy waiting for Yong Hwa, and at the same time her stomach was already growling asking to be filled up.

‘No! No! I must wait for Yong Hwa.’ She shook her head furiously. She was too excited even just thinking Yong Hwa was first to taste her cooking.

“Tch!” She hissed in annoyance. “Why I am so excited?”

***

Yong Hwa quietly twisted the door knob, and slowly opened the front door and it was the switched-on TV caught his attention and only he realised Shin Hye was sleeping on the couch. He chuckled softly when he saw her innocent face with few strand of hairs covering her face.

“Shin Hye..” He gently shook her body trying to wake her from her deep slumber.

She grunted when she felt her sleep was being disturbed and slowly opened her eyes.

“What time is it?” She asked while rubbing her sleepy eyes.

“It is already late. Why are you sleeping here?”

“I am waiting for you.” She unconsciously told him.

“I told you not to wait for you.” Yong Hwa said though he was actually grinning like a fool when Shin Hye accidentally confessed to him.

“I haven’t eat dinner yet.” Shin Hye blurted out as she stared at him. “I was waiting for you.”

“I am sorry. Just go back to sleep first. I will wake you up when the dinner is ready.”

“I actually cooked already.” Shin Hye looked away, as she quickly stood up and marched to the kitchen.

Yong Hwa found himself grinning sheepishly as he followed her to the kitchen. “What are you cooking, honey?”

He was in completely amazed when Shin Hye put all the food infront of him before he looked up to find her face. As for Shin Hye, she was trying to act calm, when she was really nervous of Yong Hwa may thought of her cooking.

“You cook all these food?” Yong Hwa stared at him in disbelief.

***

Shin Hye was staring intently at him, anticipating for his answer when suddenly his expression turned sour.

“Baby, where did you learn the stew recipe?” Yong Hwa tried his best to endure the saltiness of the beef stew.

“Internet..” Shin Hye was looking rather frustrated. “It doesn’t taste good?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter