28.

Beautiful Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28.

“Shin Hye, it is me, Yong Hwa.” He waited for her to answer him but he seemed to realise that Shin Hye was not going to answer.

“Are you preparing for sleep?” He asked when his eyes accidentally took a glimpse of the clock and it was almost 11 at night. He knew it was already her sleeping time but he was missing her so much, and even just a simple conversation would be enough for him.

“I miss you, honey.” He said again trying to garner her attention. He knew she was listening to him though she had remained silence. “You don’t miss me, my love?”

“I miss you and our baby too. I know you miss me too, my love. It is okay, darling. You don’t have to tell me.” He chuckled softly. “Do you have a good day today?”

***

Shin Hye wept silently as she wiped away her tears. She really wanted to speak to him but seemed not able to utter even a word to him.

“.. Please be healthy, eat a lot, rest well.” He spoke up again. “Don’t skip your vitamins. Make sure you listen to the doctor and what Se Young have to say.”

Shin Hye could only hum in response as she sniffed trying to hold back her tears from bursting out.

“Don’t cry, honey.” He added. “Do you want me to sing something for you?”

Shin Hye hummed again, trying not to cry in the midst of their conversation.

“Alright, baby. Just put your phone on loudspeaker mode so you can rest at ease.”

She obediently followed his instruction and lied flatly on her back with her hands gripping tightly on her phone. She was unable to hold her tears and immediately burst into tears when Yong Hwa starting to sing a lullaby for her.

***

“Shin Hye, are you sleeping already?” Yong Hwa sighed when he could hear her soft breathing over the phone. “Sleep well, my love.”

Instead of pushing the end call button, Yong Hwa sang another lullaby for her though he knew Shin Hye was obviously in her deep sleep already.

***

Ji Woo looked at her daughter curiously when she noticed her swollen red eyes. Yesterday when Shin Hye arrived at their mansion, she seemed to be fine and even happily sharing about her pregnancy with them. And now seeing Shin Hye’s face seemed to be so gloomy, Ji Woo certainly felt worried.

“Shin Hye, are you okay?” Ji Woo carefully asked as she put glass of milk infront of her daughter.

“I am okay, mom. Don’t worry about me.” Shin Hye uttered, trying to sound happy.

“Are you sure, dear?”

Shin Hye immediately nodded her head. “Where is dad?”

“He already left for work.”

“Really? I told him to wait for me.” Shin Hye pouted cutely. “Mom, can you send me to office?”

Ji Woo looked at her daughter worriedly. “Can you not to go to work yet? Let’s rest some more, Shin Hye.”

Shin Hye shook her head, disagree with her mother’s suggestion. “I am feeling better already, mom. I can handle the office matter. It is much better I am at the office rather than at home.”

“Shin Hye, do you want to join me instead to the cooking class that I have been attending? We can have like mother daughter bonding. What do you think?” Ji Woo suggested as she stared at her daughter, anticipating her positive response.

“We can have your favourite macaroons later after the cooking class.” She added when Shin Hye seemed to be in her second thought.

“Alright, but tomorrow I am going to office.”

***

Yong Hwa sighed weakly as he slumped his body against the couch. His head had been really dizzy since morning, and his stomach did not feel that he kept on vomiting. He cringed bitterly as he snatched the mineral water beside him and gulped it down to ease up the bitterness in his mouth.

“Is it because Shin Hye is pregnant but I am the one experiencing the morning sickness?” He mumbled before taking another sip of water.

He could not really do anything since he was not feeling well. His first meeting with the staffs was being cancelled due to he was not in good condition that day.

“Come in!” He yelled when the knock on his door was being heard, and beckoned his secretary to come in.

“Sir, I thought you might need medicines.” The younger girl tried not to stammer as Yong Hwa was not looking good to her. “I will leave it on your table.”

“Thanks! I really need it. Can you get me another bottle of mineral water? I will just go around and meet all the staffs personally.”

Chanmi nodded. “Do you ne

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter