21.

Beautiful Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

­21.

“Auntie, do you still remember the girl who was with oppa when you guys were about to leave to America few years ago?” Se Young looked at Jina nervously.

“Is that her?” Jina stared back at the young girl in disbelief. “Is that really Shin Hye? They had been dating long before?”

Se Young nodded as she put on her smile, at the same time feeling ease up when Jina easily remembered that day.

“Oppa and Shin Hye had been dating for many years. Just that oppa wanted to keep this silence.”

Se Young was suddenly feeling guilty when Jina seemed to convince with her words.

“Did they break up? Yong Hwa always complained about Shin Hye for being so strict on him before they married and even Shin Hye was actually going to marry her cousin but suddenly she turned down the marriage and married to Yong Hwa instead.”

Se Young seemed to be flustered when Jina was digging on their relationship even more.

“About that auntie.. you know how busy Oppa’s life when he was in America and she was busy too so they did not talk much. They became distant when oppa was in America.”

“Is that why you refused to get engage to Yong Hwa?” Jina asked curiously.

Se Young slowly nodded her head. “But it was not the only reason auntie. I was in relationship with Jae Jin too. How can I marry Yong Hwa when he is been an older brother to me?”

“It must be really awkward if you are marrying Yong Hwa, right?”

Se Young nodded again. “That is right, auntie. I cannot even imagine it. Oppa must be really devastated if he was to marry me.”

Jina was about to speak up again when the door bell rang. She frantically dashed to the front door leaving Se Young behind sighing in relief.

***

 Shin Hye immediately stormed to the kitchen when she saw Se Young was advancing towards Yong Hwa and worrying about him as soon they reached home. She exactly knew her heart was hurt seeing their closeness and her jealousy strike up again.

“Oppa, we are worry about you.” Shin Hye clearly could hear Se Young’s voice from the kitchen.

“You should tell us if you are planning to come home late, oppa.” Se Young said again.

Shin Hye silently cursed under her breath with her hand roughly grabbing the mug and purposely slammed it down on the counter.

PANG!

Suddenly everything surrounds her had turned silence. Shin Hye bit her lip when she realised what had she done and saw the mug was already shattered on the floor. She quickly knelt down to pick the glass pieces.

Yong Hwa was at the living room immediately rushed to the kitchen and saw Shin Hye was gingerly picking the shattered mug. He quickly came beside her and grabbed her hands.

“Are you hurt anywhere?” Yong Hwa asked worriedly, at the same time intently checking on her hands.

Shin Hye harshly pulled back her hands and continued picking the broken mug without even answering his question. Jina and Se Young who were standing behind them obviously could sense the tense between them when Shin Hye was completely ignoring Yong Hwa.

“Shin Hye-” Yong Hwa tried to reach for her hands again but Shin Hye quickly stood up with the broken mug in her hand and threw them into the dustbin.

“I will clean the rest.” Se Young interrupted when she saw Shin Hye was wiping her tears away. “Just leave it there. You should rest now.”

“It is okay. I will clean them.” Shin Hye exclaimed as she advanced to get the broom at the corner of the kitchen.

Yong Hwa sighed deeply and assured them that he would be helping Shin Hye to clean the mess.

***

“Don’t touch me, Yong Hwa.” Shin Hye chided when she could sense Yong Hwa was going to hug her from behind. She was still feeling irritated with his closeness with Se Young.

Yong Hwa pretended not to hear her with his arms tightly placed around her waist and at the same time he put his chin on her shoulder. He could feel Shin Hye was struggling trying to get away from him but he tightened his arms around her.

Shin Hye ended up giving in to him as she turned around and eventually burst into tears.

“I don’t like this feeling.” Shin Hye said in between her cries. “I don’t like to see Se Young is too close with you.”

Yong Hwa smiled faintly as he tightened his arm around her while his other hand was her hairs.

“I will distant myself from Se Young if you want me to.” He uttered softly as he placed his kiss on top of her head.

Shin Hye quickly shook her head. “I don’t want you becoming distant to her. Se Young will hate me.”

“No one is going to hate you, honey.” Yong Hwa gently caressed her back as he tried to soothe her. “Se Young will definitely understand that. Trust me.”

“You better wash up now, and go to sleep.” He said again, slowly loosened his hug around her. “Or you want to wait for me and shower together?”

“I will wait for you.” She smiled shyly at him and let go of him before she marched to get their bathrobe.

“I will get for you something to drink.”

***

“Oppa, is everything alright

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter