19.

Beautiful Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

19.

“What did he say?” Shin Hye asked her secretary nervously soon as the tall girl walked into her office. She was supposed to be still on vacation but since she brought up about their marriage contract issues few days ago, Yong Hwa was acting cold towards her and decided to start working again. Though they were still on leaves, because of that, she had no choice too but to start working again earlier than it was expected.

“He said he has meeting to attend.”

Shin Hye sighed heavily as she dismissed Yuna from her office. This was not the first time Yong Hwa declining to have lunch together, and the reasons were always the same.

“What meeting?” Shin Hye mumbled as she snatched her phone and starting texting him.

***

‘Yong, can we go lunch together? I am really hungry. Please..’

Yong Hwa frowned when he received another message from his wife during his meeting with the other staffs. This was not the first message Shin Hye sent to him for today. Eversince she brought up the contract issues few days ago, he realised too he had distance himself away from her. Sometime, when they were alone at home, he was not talking to her even Shin Hye was trying to get his attention. He was still wounded with her actions though Shin Hye had apologised few times.

“Mr. Jung!” Suddenly his personal assistant’s voice echoed through the intercom. “Your wife is on the line.”

“Tell her, I am busy. I will call her later.”

“Alright, sir.”

***

Shin Hye was almost fell asleep when she heard the door knob being twisted. She immediately sat up and it was Yong Hwa stepped into the bedroom.

Yong Hwa frowned as he glanced at his watch. It was almost midnight, and Shin Hye was still awake waiting for him.

“I was waiting for you.” Shin Hye smiled awkwardly as she advanced towards him.

He could simply nod and walked to their wardrobe to get his night wear leaving Shin Hye dumbfounded.

“Have you eat?” Shin Hye asked.

Yong Hwa hummed softly and dashed into the bathroom. Shin Hye sighed heavily with his cold act towards her. When he finished showering few minutes later, Shin Hye was still awake with her smile plastered on her face.

“Go to sleep.” He ushered her coldly when he saw Shin Hye was standing next to their bed. “I still have works to do.”

“But it is already late, Yong. You should rest already.”

Yong Hwa remained silence as he gathered all his stuffs and was ready to go out of their room.

“I will make coffee for you.” She offered as she tailed him from behind. She quickly went to the kitchen to heat the water and prepare a mug of coffee for him while Yong Hwa was already busy going through with his pending works.

“Don’t wait for me.” Yong Hwa muttered without even looking at her. “Just sleep..”

Shin Hye was totally in defeat and slowly with her heavy heart made her way to their bedroom.

***

“Mom! Mom!” Shin Hye yelled few times as she walked into the Park mansion. She was not her best mood to go to work so instead she went to visit her mother.

“Oh! Shin Hye, you came?” Ji Woo happily advanced to her daughter before pulled Shin Hye into her warm embrace. “Where is Yong Hwa?”

Ji Woo looked around to find the young man but Yong Hwa was nowhere around them.

“He went to work.”

Ji Woo frowned as she stared at her daughter curiously. “Isn’t he still on leaves?”

“He is busy, mom since dad sent him to look after our Apgujeong branch.”

“Then why are you here? You should help him.” Ji Woo chided and grabbed her daughter to the kitchen.

Shin Hye already turned sour with her mother suggestion which made Ji Woo to squint her eyes at her.

“You are fighting with Yong Hwa?”

Shin Hye could only let out her deep sigh.

“Shin Hye, you just came back from your honeymoon and you are already fighting with him?”

“Mom, we are not fighting.” Shin Hye assured.

“Then, what is it? You don’t look good to me.” Ji Woo insisted.

“Nothing, Mom.” Shin Hye retorted. “Anyway, what are you cooking?”

Shin Hye marched towards the pot when a familiar scent greeted her. She suddenly feeling excited when she opened the pot lid and realised it was spicy fish stew.

“Mom, I want to eat this.” Shin Hye exclaimed happily w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter