01.

Beautiful Goodbye
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sang Woo tried his best to calm himself as he faced his expressionless daughter sitting across him after she made a scene calling her wedding with Seo Jun at the last minute off. He was still in disbelief when Shin Hye was able to face him even without feeling any guilt and Yong Hwa was sitting beside with his head down.

“Care to explain what exactly happened?” Sang Woo tried his best not to raise his voice as he stared at his only daughter.

“Nothing happened!” Shin Hye answered. “Well, now you know Yong Hwa is my boyfriend and we are planning to marry. Hope you will your blessing to us, dad.”

Ji Woo scoffed as she stared at her daughter before she fixed her gazes at the young man beside her.

“Yong Hwa, you should have tell if you are dating my daughter.” Ji Woo uttered softly.

“I asked him not tell anyone about us.” Shin Hye interrupted. “We like our relationship in private.”

Sang Woo looked over at Shin Hye in frustration. He knew his daughter very well, just that this never came to his thought. He should have aware of what his daughter capable of.

“Since you are planning to marry over the fall, why not forward this marriage by the end of this month?”

“Sir!” Yong Hwa gasped as he looked back at Sang Woo. “Please..”

Yong Hwa was unable to finish his word when Shin Hye said, “Fine! We are okay with that.”

“Yong Hwa, bring your mother to dinner this weekend. Let’s discuss about the marriage.” Ji Woo said. “Don’t worry, Yong Hwa. We are fine with this marriage. Our daughter happiness is our priority.”

“Yes, Mrs. Park.” Yong Hwa said weakly before he excused himself. Shin Hye followed him to the front door with her arms crossed.

“I see you tomorrow, Miss Park.”

Shin Hye just hummed softly as she looked at Yong Hwa walked away from her. She waited until he drove his car out of their place.

“Shin Hye...” Sang Woo called his daughter firmly when Shin Hye was about to go upstairs. “We still need to talk.”

“Let just talk about this tomorrow, dad. I am so tired.” Shin Hye advanced to Sang Woo and placed a soft kiss on his cheek, and done the same to Ji Woo. “Good night, mom.”

***

Yong Hwa sighed heavily as he reached home and tossed his keys randomly. He was still in state of shock from Shin Hye’s announcement. The announcement was still sound ridiculous to him.

‘Marry her?! I must crazy!” He mentally cursed her as he opened the fridge to get few cans of beers.

“Yong Hwa?” A weak voice echoed through the kitchen. “How was the wedding?”

“Mom, why you are still awake? I told you not to wait for me.” He put down the cans and brought his mother to living room.

Jina smiled earnestly at her younger son as she caressed his cheek. “Are you stressed again? Did Shin Hye ask you to do another errand?”

“No, mom.” He let out another sigh. ‘She wants me to marry her!’

Jina frowned when Yong Hwa was lost in his own thought. “Yong, are you okay? Are you feeling tired? Do you want me to make something for you?”

He shook his head furiously. “Mom, I have something to say.”

“What is it?”

“Earlier, Shin Hye introduced me to her parent.” Yong Hwa said cautiously as he chooses his words so his mother would not shock when she heard the crazy plan.

Jina lit up an earnest smile as she waited for Yong Hwa to continue.

“They invited us to dinner this weekend.” Yong Hwa uttered as he caressed her hand softly. “They want to discuss about something.”

Jina stared at her son in confusion and asked her son to confess it already.

“Mom, actually Shin Hye cancelled her wedding today..” He paused for a while trying to look for her expression but Jina remained calm. “And we are pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter