GAME

POISON IVY

There was a long alley. It was very long to the point that you can't see its ending. Cold wind brush up to your whole body, making you shiver. You heaved a heavy sighed. You were alone... Again.

 

"Eun Jin-sshi... Eun Jin-sshi!" Your mind went blank and you look at the teacher in front of you. You were daydreaming and this is the first time it happened, during class.

"Gwenchanayo?" The teacher asked. Everyone was looking at you even Jungkook. You brought your gaze back to the teacher.

"I'm fine." You said. He nodded and went back to his lesson. Mark tapped your shoulder and you look at him with a raised eyebrow.

"Something wrong?" He mouthed and you lightly shook your head. After the math class, you went to the changing room for you PE. Jin Ae came in and tapped your cheek.

"Why so gloomy today? You look like you've been carrying the whole weight of the world." You glared at her and pushed her away lightly.

"Stop it, unnie. I'm always quiet." She flicked your nose and forehead.

"Ow!" You whined.

"Yah! Tie your hair up! We'll be playing a volleyball game!" You scoffed.

"And so what? It's not even required." You said and closed your locker after brushing your hair. Jin Ae pouted and went back to her locker. You caught Sunree staring at you and you look at her, Sunree smirked and you rolled your eyes. You fan yourself as the teacher explains how the game will work and divided the class into two groups. You, Jin Ae, Mark, Jackson, Hoseok, Jimin, Youngjae, Taehyung, and Sunree belong to the Team A along with the other students while Jinyoung, Namjoon, JB, Suga, BamBam, Yugyeom, Jin, and Jungkook were on the Team B with the rest of the students. Fortunately, it was a cloudy day and the cold wind is dancing around the field.

"Whoever team wins the game will be exempted on the upcoming test." The teacher announce making the students go wild and ran around the field. Mark nudge you and you look at him.

"You hear that right?" He asked and smirked at you. Your brows creased and pushed him lightly.

"Yah! What the hell are you trying to tell me?!" You yelled. Mark laughed and ran around you while playing with your hair.

"What are you thinking?" He whispered in your left ear and you felt his arms wrapped around you and your goosebumps came out. You stepped on his foot and flicked his forehead making him whined.

"Shut up, ert." You hissed and walked beside Jin Ae who was busy listening to the teacher. Jungkook was secretly watching you the whole time and he saw the whole scene between you and Mark and he felt weird after seeing it. He unconsciously balled up his fists and brought his attention back to the teacher.

"Okay guys! Let's start!" The teacher called.

"Hwaiting!" They cheered and went into their positions. The first game will be you, Sunree, Jackson, Jimin, and two other students versus Namjoon, Jinyoung, Suga, and three other students. Everyone placed on their positions and Sunree walked pass you but she whispered something.

"Play safe or else..." you look at her with a raised eyebrow but she just winked at you and walked to her position. The first one to serve was your classmate but it called out, giving one point to team B. Namjoon was the one to serve and the ball was coming to left side where Jackson and your other classmate is. Jackson was about to get the ball but he bumped with the boy who was also going to catch the ball. Jackson manage to hit it but touched the net.

"That ball was mine you idiot!" Jackson yelled.

"It was on my direction!" The boy yelled back.

"Are you dumb?! It was-"

"Shut the hell up!" Sunree shouted and pointed at them.

"Hey! Heads up!" Namjoon called and served the ball. It was coming towards you and you were about to hit it but Sunree ran to you.

"Mine!" Sunree called and pushed you to the ground.

"Oops. Sorry!" She giggled and walked back to her place. You groaned in pain.

Jackson, Taehyung and Jimin ran to you and helped you up.

"Hey! Why did you do that?!" Jinyoung yelled and pointed at Sunree. She just shrugged.

"I didn't see her." She answered. You glared at Sunree and she just smirked at you.

"That ." Taehyung whispered while helping you dust off your uniform.

"Eun Jin-ah! Are you okay?" The teacher called. You just nod and went back to the game. You put your serious head on now, real time. Everytime the ball was tossed to your team, you will own it and hit just like what Jackson and the rest are doing. Your team almost caught up with the other team's score.

"Hey sis! Don't be so hard on us!" Jinyoung called and you let out a small laugh.

"Sorry! But this is for the prize so it up!" Taehyung shouted and the rest laugh.

"We're gonna beat you!!!" Jackson yelled and playfully raised his pinky finger instead of the middle one, making everyone burst into laughter. You saw Jungkook slightly smiled but faded again. You want to talk to him again but your afraid of the rejection and ignorance you might going to receive. You felt someone poke your arm so you turn to your left and it looks like blood left your face after seeing who it was. Sunree gave you a weird look because you were just staring blankly at your left side then noticed your paleness and she started to feel worried about you. She walked up to you and touched your shoulder, making you flinched.

"Why are you so pale?" She asked and you look to your left side but the little girl was gone. You gulped and shook your head.

"It's normal." You answered and she scoffed then returned to her place. After having a five-point advantage over the other team, those who didn't play on the first game played. You sat on one of the benches and drank some water. You scan around the field and when you turn your head to your right, you almost choke after seeing the little girl whose giving you deadly glares.

"Don't mind her. Remember, she's not real. Just a hallucination." Clarion said and you slowly nod. Jin Ae came to you while fanning herself.

 

 

 

"Eun Jin-ah~ Can you get my towel on my locker? I forgot to bring it." She said.

"Why can't you get it on your own?!" You whined before heading to the locker room. You pressed on the key and opened it to get her towel. You were about to head out when Sunree came in and stopped you. She just smiled at you, not a friendly smile but an annoying one. You rolled your eyes and walked pass her but she whispered something which caused you to turn.

"I know who you are." She said. Your eyes widened and turn to her.

"What are you saying?" Sunree smirked.

"Expect me to join your game..." she said and then leaned closer to you, "Ivy Hwang-Jackson." She whispered then left the locker room with you still frozen. You feel like your world stop turning for a moment. A lot of thoughts where running on your mind while walking out of the locker room. Mark just sat on the bench after playing since Sunree already came back in the game. He look around and saw you walking with a blank expression. He immediately walked to you and flicked your nose.

"Ow! What the hell was that for?!" You said and glared at him.

"What's your problem?" He asked and raised an eyebrow. You caught Sunree's eyes and she winked at you and you felt uneasy about it. Now, someone knows who you really are and you don't what to do about it.

"Nothing." You answered and start to walk back to the benches with Mark following you behind.

"Liar. You look troubled." He said and pulled you beside him.

"I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"I said I'm not."

"You are such a liar."

"Why are you so nosy?!" You said and he could feel the irritation on your voice. He shrugged and leaned his back on the bench.

"I'm just worried." Before you could answer back, Jin Ae came and you gave her her towel and went back to the field. You sat beside Mark quietly and watch the game.

"So, aren't you gonna tell me your problem?" Mark asked while watching the game.

"I will be more assured if you don't know it, Mark." You mumbled quietly. Mark scoffed and stand up.

"Yeah sure." He said and leave you. He felt bad because you still don't tell him any of your concerns, though you're starting to open up to him but it's not enough. You can't tell him all your concerns, not because you don't want him to know but because you are afraid that he may hate you and leave you just like what Jungkook did, though Jungkook doesn't know your secret. He just knows that you are just adopted and nothing more. Jungkook and you used to be so close, he's like a magnet to you who loves to keep you company and makes you smile, but one day, you just woke up and felt like he is so far away even though he's just here around you. You let out a sighed and stare back at the field. Jungkook was looking at you and you caught his gaze. You felt terrified the way he looks at you because it's like he is sending death glares on you with no reason. He then looked away and walked out.

"Oh Jungkook..."