Minseok (vii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Minseok wakes up to a familiar, disturbing feeling, that feeling of being held by Lu Han's telekinesis. He can feel it coming from behind him, and he wants to turn, to look at his Lulu, but can't. Instead, his eyes see Jongin disappearing with Sehun, and Kyungsoo remaining there. And then he sees the blood, Jongdae's corpse on a rock, impaled, Chanyeol and Baekhyun lying close together in an opposite corner; dead, they're all dead. Junmyeon is there as well, but unconscious, their spiritual connection barely there. What happened here? Yixing is unconscious over there, and Minseok wonders how that must feel, to have his spiritual connection severed so roughly. Jongdae is dead, but Kyungsoo doesn't seem to be feeling anything; might depend upon their personal relationship, after all, Baekhyun and Yixing are, or were, very close. And then something clicks in his head and he realises the horrible truth, and he can only hope that it's not true.

"Do Kyungsoo!" Minseok hears himself yell. "What have you done?!"

When Kyungsoo turns to look at him, Minseok is barely able to stifle the scream that threatens to come from his lips. There is nothing recognisable in that gaze, just layer upon layer of deep black. Kyungsoo walks towards him, and Minseok instinctively tries to move away, but of course, can't.

"Glad to see you’re awake, Minseok hyung," his voice is full of venom, like that's exactly what he doesn't want. "You've probably guessed by now that Jongdae was a mere pawn, and I killed him, along with those two over there." Kyungsoo gestures with a sneer towards Chanyeol and Baekhyun, before beginning to walk over to their bodies again. "And maybe I should just kill all the rest of you as well…"

Three people are dead, and he is acting so nonchalant about it. Minseok feels sick knowing that he was right about this, his suspicions having just been confirmed by Kyungsoo's words. Minseok wants to ask more questions, but when he sees what Kyungsoo is doing, it just makes it all worse. He's already gotten Jongdae up on a wall, sharp pieces of dirt sticking out of his palms, like he's putting him on display, like Kim Jongdae is nothing more than a bug in a glass case. The same is done to Baekhyun and Chanyeol, but Minseok can't bear to watch. He shuts his eyes, but then he's being forced to look, and the sight makes his insides twist.

"This is proof of my inevitable victory," Kyungsoo lets out a loud burst of laughter. "They're beautiful, no?"

"You disgust me," Minseok spits. "You won't leave this place alive, I can guarantee you that!"

"Oh, I'm so scared," Kyungsoo waves his hands in mock terror, before dropping the act almost immediately, a deep frown on his face. "If you want to live, Kim Minseok, I suggest you shut your mouth, and keep it shut."

"I don't care what you do to me!" Minseok retorts, still struggling against Lu Han's powers. "Just don't kill anyone else, please…"

Lu Han's hold on him suddenly disappears, and he's on the ground, groaning in pain.

"I have an idea," Kyungsoo has a very unsettling smile on his face, sending shivers down Minseok's spine. "I want you two to fight. Last one standing wins."

"What?!" Minseok exclaims, getting to his feet, incredulous. "No way, I'm not fighting him. Right, Lulu?"

It's too late, though, his gaze shifts to Lu Han to see the other already gathering his powers.

"Please, no…"

-------------------------------------------------

Four chapters left after this one. If I can keep up this every other day thing, we'll be done by... next Thursday. ^_^ And I apologize, but no one will be coming back to life... what's happened, has happened.

Thank you everyone for all the support, it means so much to me! <3

So until Friday ^_^