Sehun (iv)

Labyrinth of Deceit

The butterfly lands softly upon Sehun's finger, its beautiful wings glowing in the darkness, and its eyes looking directly into Sehun's. It's speaking to him, relaying the message that it was sent to deliver. Sehun's brow is furrowed, his lips set in a frown, as he continues to listen. After Zitao had been separated from Sehun that first time, he was taken away, imprisoned, made obsolete; obviously, his capturer feels that he's a threat to his plans. Sehun needs to see him though, since that time he hasn't even been able to feel their spiritual connection at all.

"Take me to him," Sehun begs, when the butterfly is finished. "Please, let me see him."

The beautiful creature slowly begins flying away, indicating for Sehun to follow, and he does, his heart pounding with worry for Zitao. He's worried about Jongin too, but he has no idea where Jongin is…

Sehun follows the butterfly as closely as possible, almost losing it a few times, but to his relief, the butterfly always came back for him. Sehun can tell when they're getting closer: the sky becomes darker, the air becomes thicker, and for the first time in a long time, he can feel the tiniest spark that is their connection.  By this point, Sehun no longer needs to follow the butterfly. The maze ends, and they're now in a large wide space that's shaped like a hexagon. In the very centre of the hexagon shape is Zitao lying on the ground. Sehun doesn't even pause before running towards his partner.

"Taozi!" Sehun yells, his hands banging futilely against the force field that stood between him and the other. "Hang on Taozi, I'll get you out of there!"

Sehun lifts his hands back, prepared to smash them into the force field once more, but before he can he feels two cold hands grasp his wrists from behind.

"…I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Sehun-ah."

Sehun freezes at Jongin's voice, not expecting anyone else to show up.

"Jongin-ah…" Sehun whispers, his hands falling back down to his sides after they're released. "Why… are you here?"

"Like I said," and Sehun can hear the exhaustion in his voice; he's afraid of what he'll see when he turns around. "I can't control when or where I teleport right now. I was sent here… I was told to stop you…"

"And will you?" Sehun lowers his head, not sure he wants to know the answer.

"Of course," he says, and Sehun can hear his hesitancy. "I have no choice."

Sehun finally spins around to look at him, his mouth set in a thin line.

"No choice?" Sehun repeats, his hands shaking. "You always have a choice! Look at Zitao, Jongin, look at what this person is doing to him! Let me save him, please!"

Jongin is shaking visibly as he looks into Sehun's eyes, and Sehun can see how much he wants to let him, as well as the sheer exhaustion that he feels at that moment.

"You don't know, Sehunnie…" Jongin's voice is barely audible when he speaks again. "He can't control you, he doesn't know why, but his powers don't work on you… maybe though… maybe you can save me… maybe you can remove the-!"

And then Jongin is gone again, leaving nothing behind but wisps of black smoke. Sehun is confused for a moment as he just stares at the spot that Jongin had been standing in. Wasn't Jongin sent to stop him? Perhaps he had said too much… Sehun's shaking as he takes in what Jongin has just said. His powers don't work on him. He can't be controlled. Why? His hands are balled into fists as he tries to wrap his head around everything. Maybe this person had tried to use Zitao, but he failed because Zitao's powers are unpredictable; time is sensitive, and only Zitao knows how to control it perfectly.

Sehun turns back around to look at the unconscious Zitao. He needs to get him out; he needs to get him out before he dies. Taking a few steps back, Sehun begins to concentrate, hoping to be able to break the barrier with his wind. He starts sending huge gusts of wind straight towards the force field, but they are all sent back, and one of them narrowly misses Sehun. Growling in frustration, Sehun decides to try one more time as he ignores the burning pain in his arms, and the steadily growing pain in his chest. The force field still bounces his attack back. Sehun groans as the pain in his chest erupts full force, and then he's on his knees, his breath coming out in slow puffs.

"…" He mutters, a hand grabbing a fistful of fabric. "I… I can't breathe…"

Sehun can only feel regret as his eyes drift close, and he reaches a hand out towards Zitao futilely. With one last shallow breath, Sehun collapses on to the ground, and all he can hope is that it's not his last. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until Sunday! ^_^