Baekhyun (i)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Baekhyun’s eyes slowly flutter open, and he becomes vaguely aware of the fact that he's in an unfamiliar place with a pounding headache. His hand moves up to his head, pressing his palm into the place that hurts, only to remove it almost immediately, and find his hand stained with blood. Groaning, he attempts to stand up, try to find his bearings, only to fail and fall back down, his vision swimming. Needing to know where he is, he tries again, and this time succeeds, but then he's leaning against the wall for support, his breathing heavy; something felt very wrong.

Suddenly, there is a loud noise, similar to an explosion, and Baekhyun looks up to see flames, and he knew immediately that they were Chanyeol's or more specifically, his flames of distress. Baekhyun panics and starts moving in that direction. While he’s running, he attempts to summon his own ball of light, but then he’s gasping in pain, and it’s fizzling out before he can create anything big enough to use as a signal.. Light is his element, and in this world of darkness, maybe he's the only one that can conquer it. He does wish that Yixing were there though, they'd be able to feed off of each other's powers, since they are linked, spiritually and physically. Mustering up enough concentration, while blatantly ignoring the pain coursing through his arm, and finally manages to send up a ball of light that then splits up into smaller ones; if he and Chanyeol are in here, than the chances of the others, or at least some of the others, being in here are quite high as well, and hopefully one of them will see it. Using his light, Baekhyun makes a little mark on the wall subconsciously, before moving on, his exhausted body dragging him forward; never has he felt so drained after using so little of his power.

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun yells as loud as his voice would allow, making a right at the next corner. "Chanyeol-ah!"

There are no more flames though, and no more signals of any kind. Struggling, Baekhyun sends more light into the sky, the pain traveling from his arm to his chest. He continues to make his way down long, narrow pathways, and turning corners, until he stops, his eyes landing on a familiar mark on the wall, and the several more that have joined it since. Baekhyun realises with a jolt that he must be going in circles, and according to his marks, he's been through here at least seven times. That must mean he is in some sort of maze… but why? What is the purpose of him being here? How had he gotten there in the first place? He winces as his head aches in pain, and Baekhyun is briefly assaulted by a memory of someone or something whacking him on the head, then pain and confusion before passing out and waking up in this place. Sighing in defeat, he crumples against the wall, his body refusing to move anymore. He struggles to stay awake, and he just cannot, his body completely shutting down. Baekhyun thinks he can hear someone calling his name as his eyes flutter shut, but no sooner does the sound register, does he fall asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So most of the "chapters" will be about this short since I constantly switch between perspectives. I'll probably try to post more than once a week since they're so short. Anyway, I hope you like the first part. ^_^

Thank you so much to everyone that subscribed, commented on, and upvoted after just a foreword, it means so much to me! <3

So until the next chapter, which will be Minseok =3 um... maybe Wednesday or Thursday.