Baekhyun (vi)

Labyrinth of Deceit

"Baekhyunnie," Kyungsoo is saying from somewhere to Baekhyun's left. "Can you… come closer?"

Baekhyun tries to shift closer to wherever Kyungsoo is, but the chains aren't long enough for him to go anywhere.

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo-ya," he says, pulling at the chains and causing them to rattle loudly. "I can't."

Kyungsoo just sighs, and Baekhyun can hear the loud clanking of chains from wherever he is as well.

"Why do you think Jongdae is doing this?" Kyungsoo says eventually, his voice barely reaching Baekhyun. "I… I never thought he would betray us like this…"

"How do you know he's really betrayed us though?" Baekhyun finds himself saying. "Maybe… he's only locked us in here temporarily, maybe he's trying to protect us."

"…Do you really believe that?" Kyungsoo asks, his voice sounding like he's close to breaking down. "He said so himself, Baekhyun-ah, he told me himself, that he's behind all of this."

Baekhyun feels very cold all of a sudden, his body is shaking, and he feels numb.

"That can't be true…" Baekhyun mutters, his fists clenched. "Jongdae… Jongdae wouldn't do that… he's one of my best friends, he would never do this to me, to us…" He's silent for a few moments, and Baekhyun's sure that Kyungsoo understands what he's going through; the three of them have always been close. "I want to believe in him, Kyungsoo-ya, but as time goes by, I'm finding it harder and harder to…"

"You'd be an idiot to believe in me at this point, Byun Baekhyun." Baekhyun winces at the voice, he hadn't even heard the door open, but he can actually hear the amount of hatred in Jongdae’s voice.

Jongdae's footsteps sound loudly, and then there's the jingle of keys before Baekhyun feels the chains fall away from his wrists. He quickly starts to rub them, soothing them, before moving to remove his blindfold, only to feel a hand on his wrist, preventing him from doing so.

"Don't. Move. A. Muscle." Jongdae warns, and Baekhyun freezes, actually terrified.

There are more sounds of metal making contact with metal, meaning that he has probably freed Kyungsoo as well. Baekhyun hears Kyungsoo groaning before he is being dragged to his feet and pulled away. There are no words between them, but Baekhyun feels a warm hand wrap around his own at some point, and he knows that it's Kyungsoo's. He gives the hand a reassuring squeeze, while struggling to keep up with the speed that Jongdae is walking at. They finally stop, and Baekhyun can feel Kyungsoo being pulled away from him, he tries to reach out for him, but all he gets is air.

And then the blindfold is ripped off his face. The first thing Baekhyun sees is Junmyeon, standing a couple of feet away from him, his expression distraught.

"Baekhyun-ah," Junmyeon reaches out for him. "Please, help me…"

Baekhyun barely manages to dodge as a blast of water comes shooting at him.

"I can't control it!"

Water, in the form of a whip, lashes out at him, hitting his side. The cool water is almost a relief against his burn, if not for the fact that it is bleeding again. Baekhyun quickly places one hand over it, trying to stop the bleeding, while holding out his other hand and trying to cast a shield. The water is unrelenting though, and Baekhyun soon finds himself lying on the ground, groaning in pain. Through blurring vision, Baekhyun can see feet rushing towards him, Junmyeon’'s feet.

"Baekhyun-ah," Junmyeon sounds concerned as he reaches a hand forward and tries to touch him, but withdraws his hand when more water gathers in his palms. "Please be okay… I'm sorry."

Baekhyun can see Junmyeon kneeling right in front of him, and so he decides to use this to his advantage. His hands reach out quickly wrapping around the back of the other's neck, and somehow manages to hold on even as Junmyeon's water tries to blast him away.

"Please, Junmyeon hyung," Baekhyun whispers, his light locating the object in his neck. "Just hold on for a little bit."

Junmyeon is struggling against him though, and his water is gaining more power by the second. A scream of pain erupts from the water manipulator's throat, but Baekhyun's not sure if it's because he's finally found the right spot, or if his powers are hurting him. Baekhyun knows that they're both reaching their limits though, and time is running out.

And then he's crashing against the wall, the water finally succeeding in pushing him away. Dazed, Baekhyun stares at Junmyeon, worried that he'd failed despite everything. The throbbing in his head is back as he watches the older male collapse on to the ground. Groaning, Baekhyun pushes himself, trying to get to the other, but Jongdae suddenly steps in, blocking him.

"You've done it," Jongdae says, a pleased smile on his face. "And I suppose I should thank you."

"What-?"

"What? You didn't actually think you were saving people by doing that, were you?" Jongdae laughs loudly and condescendingly when the other gives a feeble nod. "I can't believe I once thought so highly of you." Jongdae kneels down and grabs a fistful of Baekhyun's collar. "Let me tell you something: all you have been doing is making it worse. After the seed is planted, it takes control of just their powers while its roots spread. When you remove the seed, its full powers come into effect, and then we are given full control over their every thought."

It takes a moment for him to digest this information, as the horror of the truth settles in the pit of his stomach. He wants to ask questions, so many questions pop into his head, but in the end he's only able to voice one of them.

"…we?" He questions, like he's hoping that he heard wrong. "…There's someone else?"

Jongdae shrugs and smirks, motioning behind him and towards Kyungsoo. “Ask him.”

"Kyungsoo?" Baekhyun asks, his entire body shaking with disbelief. "No, that can't be true."

He forces himself to move, collapsing in front of Kyungsoo and grabbing the other's shoulders.

"No, Kyungsoo-ya, tell me you’re not involved in this,” Baekhyun is shaking Kyungsoo now, never having wished for something to be a lie as he did at that moment. "Please, he's controlling you right?"

"He is, Baekhyunnie!" Kyungsoo cries out, his hands grabbing on to Baekhyun's jacket desperately. "Please help me."

Baekhyun's shaking in relief as he pulls Kyungsoo into a one-armed hug. The relief is short lived though, when he feels something sharp digging into his burnt flesh. Baekhyun looks down and sees Kyungsoo's hand pushing a sharp piece of rock into his side, a lot of blood starting to stain his previously white jacket. His eyes look up at Kyungsoo, begging for answers, but Kyungsoo doesn't say anything, he doesn't even look at him. And just when Baekhyun thinks he's going to go crazy without answers, Kyungsoo starts laughing manically, this dangerous glint in his eyes.

"I'm afraid it's all true, Baekhyunnie," Baekhyun winces at the way his name is said, like it's the most vile thing ever. "And you're pathetic for falling for my little act."

"Kyungsoo-ya, no…" Baekhyun gasps before going into a coughing fit, blood dribbling down his lips. His hands move to try and remove the sharp rock from his side, but Kyungsoo just pushes it in deeper. "I… refuse to… believe…"

"Believe it," those words are punctuated by another sharp stab of pain, and Baekhyun can see black in the edges of his vision. "I am the one in control here."

"No…" And then he gives in to the darkness, barely clinging on to his life. "Please…"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....um, I'm sorry. OTL most of the things get explained in this chapter... and I hope you liked it. 

Thank you again for all the support! It really means a lot to me ; A ;

So until... Thursday. ^_^