Sehun (iii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Jongin-ah!" Sehun yells. He is no longer thinking about where he's going, and just going wherever possible. "Jongin-ah, please answer me!"

There's still nothing, and Sehun is starting to feel the effects of the last couple of hours creep up on him. His legs are aching, his stomach is growling, and he's just thoroughly exhausted. Sehun calls out for Jongin once more, before his legs give up on supporting him. For a good five minutes, Sehun kneels there, confused, before crawling over to the nearest wall and leaning against it, deciding that it's a good time to catch his breath. His eyes close, and his body relaxes somewhat as he falls into a fitful sleep.

In his dreams, he finds everyone, one after another, and he's happy, happy that they're all together again. Sehun smiles unconsciously, and his breathing softens. Unfortunately, that dream ends all too soon and then he's waking up to blood, blood everywhere. His eyes widen, and he looks around, and sees Zitao to his left, whose chest is far too still, but he still attempts to get to him, desperate. He realises that he can't move, that there is something heavy on his legs. He screams when he recognises the weight as Jongin's body. Scrambling, Sehun gently rolls him over and off his legs, hoping to see that Jongin is still alive. There's nothing though, Jongin's chest is just as still as Tao's.

"No no…" Sehun whispers, horrified. "This isn't happening…"

He stumbles to his feet, and tries to walk away from the bodies, and death, only to trip over something. It's another body, and one look at the body has Sehun throwing up the practically non-existent contents of his stomach; he can't remember when's the last time he ate, and who knows how long he's been in this damn maze. He has just tripped over Yixing, or what used to be Yixing, the healer has a gaping hole in his chest, and his eyes are gouged out. Sehun is shaking his head now as he takes more shaky steps away from the scene, wanting to escape, not wanting to face any of this, not wanting to face the guilt that they're dead, and that he wasn't able to help them. He only manages to take two more steps before being brought to a complete stop again, and his time he sinks to his knees, tears rolling down his cheek, his arm uselessly reaching towards the other.

"Jun-Junmyeon hyung…" Sehun gasps, suddenly feeling like he can no longer breathe, his fingers brushing over the other's cold cheek. "No… please, wake up…"

Sehun shakes Junmyeon, purely out of desperation, causing his head to roll on to his shoulder, and Sehun stops as he finds himself staring into Junmyeon's blank eyes. Sehun starts screaming, as loudly as his throat would allow, because in those eyes he can see accusations, and he can see pain.

Why didn't you save us, Sehun? We died protecting you. You didn't even try. We hope you drown in your guilt.

Sehun screams himself hoarse, screaming until he startles himself awake again, but this time, there's no blood and no bodies, just endless grey walls. He frowns slightly, his forehead creasing, hoping that this isn't another dream; he doesn’t think he can handle any more dreams right now. Reaching a hand up, he pinches his arms, wincing when it hurts, meaning he’s back in reality.

It was a nightmare, he tells himself, it was just a nightmare…

And for the first time, Sehun can genuinely say that he's glad to be alone. He struggles to his feet and finds himself in the same place he had been when he'd first fallen asleep. At least this meant that really had been only a dream, now he just has to pray that nothing like that ever happens. Sehun is so absorbed in his thoughts he barely reacts when he hears that all-too-familiar pop again. He looks up immediately to see that Jongin is, unfortunately, quite a distance from him, so he gets to his feet and runs, hoping to catch him, hold on to him, before he's gone again.

"Jongin-ah!" Sehun yells, pushing himself as fast as he can go. "Please!"

Finally, he's within arm's reach of Jongin, but just as he reaches out to touch him, the other disappears again, leaving him with nothing but a fist full of smoke.

"No…" Sehun whispers, his voice cracking as he stares at his closed fist. "No, please don't leave me…"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So until Thursday ^_^