Sehun (vi)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Sehun has an arm wrapped around Jongin's shoulders, supporting him, as they continue to walk, on the lookout for anything or anyone. Of course, he's still not sure just who he can trust, but the fact that he has Jongin is a blessing in itself. Turning his head slightly, Sehun smiles at the sight of the other sleepily rubbing his eyes. They've been spending a lot of time reassuring each other, trying to convince themselves, as well as the other person, that everything will be okay.

Jongin grabs his wrist and tugs on the sleeve slightly, indicating that he wants to stop, and Sehun obliges, leading them both over to the nearest wall.

"Do you still think we can get out of here?" Jongin asks, his head leaning against the wall. "I'm just losing hope here…"

"Jonginnie," Sehun says gently, placing a kiss on Jongin's cheek. "I promise that I will make sure you get out of here alive."

"And you?"

"…I make no promises about myself."

Jongin looks down, fidgeting with his fingers in his lap; he must know the dangers of this place better than anyone. Sehun looks away, feeling a little guilty. For the next few minutes, no one says anything, or even looks at each other, until Jongin lets out a soft noise that sounds almost like a dying bird. Sehun reacts almost immediately, worried.

"What's wrong?!" He exclaims, wrapping a comforting arm around the other's shoulders. "Are you in pain?"

Jongin doesn't say anything, but now he sounds like he's choking. Sehun doesn't remember him eating or drinking anything, which means that something must be wrong. He gently starts patting Jongin on the back, hoping to get whatever he's choking on out. Eventually it becomes obvious that he's not actually choking, that something may be strangling him. Sehun doesn't know what to do, and he can't think of any reason this could be happening; he got that seed-like thing out of him; he freed him then, right? All of a sudden, Jongin becomes very still, it doesn't even look like he's breathing anymore, and his eyes are closed as well. Terrified, Sehun presses two fingers to Jongin’s neck, feeling for a pulse, and is relieved to find one. A finger underneath the other's nose tells him that he is indeed still breathing; none of that explains why he is so still. Sehun tries shaking him, gently at first, but with increasingly more strength. Out of desperation, he leans in and kisses the other, but it does nothing, there's no response at all. Sehun is panicking now, his heartbeat is fast, his breath is coming out in harsh puffs, and he's trying to keep his tears at bay.

Just as suddenly as he stopped moving, Jongin is on his feet, eyes wide, and staring at Sehun.

"Oh my god, Jongin," Sehun breathes, so relieved that the other is all right. "I was so scared… Jongin?"

Sehun looks into the other's eyes, and is worried to see none of the usual warmth; his eyes are now almost black, no emotion in them whatsoever.

"Jongin-!"

Strong arms encircle his waist, and then he's being hoisted into the air. Sehun struggles against him, but then black smoke surrounds them, and when it disappears, they're in a completely different place. It's another hexagon shaped open space, but Sehun's sure that it's not the same one where he found Zitao. He's about to ask when he sees Kyungsoo in the centre, standing with Jongdae, and Sehun's stomach twists as he thinks about the implications, hoping that none of them are true. Somewhere, not too far from Kyungsoo and Jongdae, is Baekhyun, looking much worse for wear, being held tightly by Chanyeol. Chanyeol is just holding him tightly against himself, like he's a wall, and his arms are chains. Baekhyun's chest is barely moving, and there is blood everywhere, but no one seems at all concerned. Sehun looks at Chanyeol's eyes, and sees the same blankness as Jongin's and he realises the same thing must have happened, or a similar thing… At least Chanyeol's not bleeding, or looking half dead. His attention then snaps back to Kyungsoo, and he's sure that he doesn't want to know the truth, not at all.

"Is… Kyungsoo involved in this?" He voices the question anyway, but of course, there's no one around to give him an answer. "Please… someone answer me."

"Sehunnie, poor, innocent Sehunnie." Sehun winces at the way his name is said. His gaze shifts to see Kyungsoo coming towards them, so he struggles against Jongin's hold, but his arms don't loosen at all. "Now, don't be like this. You wouldn't want to end up like Baekhyunnie over there, would you?"

"You… did that to him?"

Kyungsoo just shrugs, seemingly completely indifferent towards Baekhyun's current state.

"I guess you could say that," The earth manipulator looks like he's almost smiling as he stares at Baekhyun. "I would like to have more fun with him. Don't worry, I'll get to you too."

Sehun wants to yell at him, he wants answers to his many questions, but with a wave of dismissal, Jongin is pulling him away from Kyungsoo.

"Why?!" Sehun screams, as he's taken further and further away. "Just why?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

So until, Monday ^_^