Yixing (iv)

Labyrinth of Deceit

"Does it hurt?" Yixing asks, his hands hovering over Yifan's broken leg. "I'll try to be gentler if it does."

"I'm… fine…" Yifan replies, gritting his teeth together in pain as his bones are put back in place. "Just… keep going."

Yixing nods, trying to ignore the burning pain in his chest. He has been at this for quite awhile, and he doesn't know how much longer he might last. Eventually, it's his powers that give out before his body does. Yixing is panting by then, a hand clutching his heart, and he barely notices when Yifan pulls him into his arms.

"Yixing, stop pushing yourself…" Yifan tells him gently with a kiss on his forehead and then his lips. "I appreciate you helping, but you're weak, just right now, definitely not usually, and I truly appreciate what you're doing… but please…"

"I know," Yixing replies with a sigh. "I just want to be able to move on. Staying in one place makes me feel uneasy…"

"I think I can walk, sort of…" Yifan shifts to his feet, and gingerly tests standing on the leg. At first it seems all right until he puts more weight on it. "… not fine…"

Yixing just laughs as he stands up and places an arm around his lover's shoulders.

"Let's go slowly," Yixing tells him gently, supporting the taller male. "And when we get out of here, I'll make your leg as good as new."

Yifan gives a weak chuckle, and places an arm around Yixing's shoulders as well. They fall into a rhythm as they make their way away from the destruction they had accidentally caused earlier. Eventually, they start a little conversation, trying to distract themselves from the situation at hand. It barely lasts though, and then they are silent again, the heaviness of the air around them enough to be stifling.

"Yixing, watch out!" Yixing barely registers Yifan's words before he is being pushed forward. Yixing falls, and slides across the ground before coming to an awkward stop.

"Yifan?" Yixing asks, looking around and finally behind him. "Yifan!"

There is a wall that hadn't been there mere moments ago, but this one isn't a force field, this one is solid, grey, just like the other walls that make up the maze.

"Yifan?" Yixing asks, placing his hands upon the wall. "Please… answer me."

Yixing can hear someone speaking on the other side, and it sounds like Yifan's voice. It's difficult to make out what's being said, and Yixing is feeling a bit more hopeless by the second.

"I'll find you again, Yifan!" Yixing shouts, hoping that his lover can hear him. "I swear to you…"

Hesitantly, Yixing turns away from the wall, having no other option. He hangs his head, his body language showing just how dejected he is. For a little while, Yixing walks backwards, staring at the wall and wishing that the wall would magically lower, and that he could be with Yifan again. Unfortunately, it never happens, and Yixing feels just a little more lost. When he turns the next corner, he sees that it's another dead end. So he backtracks, and continues to wander with no way of knowing if he's going the right way or not.

After what seems like an eternity, Yixing pauses when he realises that he can feel Baekhyun again, feel his partner's spiritual connection with him. He follows it, only to end up standing in front of another force field, and he can see Baekhyun on the other side, his back to him.

"Baekhyun-ah!" Yixing shouts. "Baekhyun-ah…"

Baekhyun turns almost immediately, his eyes wide, and then he's running towards him, and placing his palms flat against the force field.

"Yixing hyung," he whispers, a tear rolling down his face. "I'm so happy to see you…"

"Baekhyun-ah… what happened to you?" Yixing asks softly, the younger male looks much worse for wear compared to the last time Yixing had seen him. "Are you okay?"

Baekhyun's eyes are glassy when he looks into Yixing's eyes. He has a wound on his shoulder, blood staining the white suit, bloodshot eyes, his mouth is slightly parted and panting, like he's having trouble consistently drawing breath, and his hands are shaking. Yixing places his palms over Baekhyun's and offers the other what he hopes to be an encouraging or reassuring smile when the other doesn't reply.

"It'll be alright, Baekhyun-ah," Yixing tells him, placing his forehead against the cold barrier. "We will get out of here, all of us."

"Yixing hyung…" Baekhyun's voice is barely audible as he leans heavily against the barrier. "Have you seen Chanyeol?"

"…Chanyeol?" Yixing pauses, thinking. "No… I haven't." Baekhyun's face falls immediately, and Yixing struggles to come up with something, unable to stand the other's sad face. "I did find Yifan though, and I remember him saying something about seeing Chanyeol, but there was a force field, just like this one…"

Baekhyun just sighs before running a shaky hand through his hair; obviously he'd been hoping for better news.

"Whoever this person is…" Yixing begins, thoughtful. "They seem to have almost intimate knowledge of our inner workings… we might be looking at one of-!"

Yixing stops talking as he looks down and sees black smoke surround him, similar to the smoke that had been there when Baekhyun had been taken away.

"Wait!" Yixing tries to fight against the dark force, until he feels arms around his waist, and he would know those arms anywhere. "Yifan…" he says, but there's no response, only the feeling of being lifted and then flying through the air. Desperately, Yixing turns back towards Baekhyun and yells before he willingly gives up to the darkness, hoping he will be heard.

"One of us! He might be one of us!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much for the support on this fic, it really means a lot, and I hope you'll continue to support it ^_^

So until Thursday =3