Minseok (v)

Labyrinth of Deceit

"Lulu!" Minseok shouts as loudly as he can. "Lulu!"

There's no response, but that only makes Minseok try to yell louder, except his parched throat is making it difficult.

"Lulu-!" He tries to shout again, only to dissolve into a coughing fit.

He feels someone's hand on his back, helping through the coughing fit. Once he's finally stopped coughing, he turns around, eager to thank whoever it is.

"Jongdae-ya!" Minseok exclaims, surprised, yet slightly disappointed having hoped that it was Lu Han. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Minseok hyung," Jongdae says, this creepy smile appearing on his face. "I am so very glad to see you too. I believe that you can help me immensely."

"Um, how can I help you?" Minseok asks, he wants to help, but at the same time he's a little afraid that Jongdae will attack him because he’s not sure that Jongdae has control over his own powers.

Jongdae smiles at him before moving to sit in a corner and motioning for Minseok to join him. Minseok hesitates, just a beat, before doing so, his mind split between trusting him, and being cautious. Jongdae offers him some water and bread with a reassuring smile, and Minseok then realises just how hungry and thirsty he is. Before he can completely think this over, Minseok is gulping down the water, and practically wolfing the bread down. They're enough to temporarily satisfy him and he leans back, happy that his stomach is no longer completely empty and his throat is no longer parched.

"So, why do you need my help?" Minseok finally asks, looking at Jongdae.

"Um, you know about how all of us are in this maze, right?" Jongdae begins hesitantly, turning his gaze away. "And that some of us are being controlled?"

"Yes…" Minseok replies hesitantly, not liking where this is going.

"Well, he's having trouble controlling Zitao…" Minseok winces, having partially expected this, but is still surprised. "And so we need to um… either get Zitao out of his grasp, or subdue him before he injures, or kills someone…"

Minseok just sighs; this is something he has been afraid of. Their powers are harsh, unpredictable, but time is not something to be messed with lightly, even Zitao hardly uses it unless it's absolutely necessary. The ice manipulator gets to his feet stiffly, worried about Zitao as well as everyone else.

"Okay, take me to him."

Jongdae doesn't even hesitate and starts leading the way immediately. There are many twists and turns, and Minseok wants to ask more than once how Jongdae seems to know this place so well, but he decides that questions could come after Zitao's okay. A deep chill settles in the air as they continue walking, causing even Minseok to shiver; he knows this feeling, the feeling that something is deeply wrong. He starts running, following the gut feeling until he's in an open area that's shaped like a hexagon.

"Zitao-ya!" He yells, seeing the other standing in the centre, his shoulders shaking, and his eyes wild. "Zitao-ya, it's me, Minseok hyung!"

Zitao doesn't show any sort of reaction though, and Minseok is terrified for a brief moment that they've lost him forever.

"Zitao-ya!" He yells, as Zitao starts charging at him. "Stop! Don't you recognise me?!"

Minseok can only gasp as Zitao swings his sword at him, before somehow dodging out of the way.

"Taozi…" Minseok whispers, his hands catching the blade in between them. "Please, stop, I don't want to hurt you!"

The sword in between his hands begins to freeze, the frost spreading up the length of the sword. When the ice reaches Zitao's hands, he gasps sharply and releases it, taking a step back. Minseok immediately tosses the sword away and makes to grab Zitao's hands before the other can do anything with time. Unfortunately, he misreads Zitao's intentions and ends up being kicked on to his back. Minseok groans and tries to get up, but then everything just stops. When time unfreezes, Minseok is still flat on his back and Zitao is standing over him, sword pointed at his throat and foot pressing him down.

"Zitao-ya!" Minseok yells, more out of desperation than anything else. "Stop!"

Apparently that is able to strike something inside the other because the sword stops barely an inch away from his throat, and Zitao is still, his hand shaking. Minseok takes the opportunity to grab Zitao’s leg, removing it from his chest. Zitao just stares as Minseok gets to his feet. The ice manipulator is shaking violently as he places his palms flat upon the other’s chest. And then Zitao is completely encased in ice, temporarily freezing him, hoping to not damage him too much.

"Zitao-ya…" Minseok whispers, placing a hand upon the other's frozen shoulder. "I'm sorry…"

"Thank you, Minseok hyung," Minseok jumps, alarmed, having completely forgotten about Jongdae. "You have just helped me immensely."

"You?" Minseok spins around, facing the other. "What do you-!"

A very strong shock is sent through his body, and then he's falling on to the ground, and into unconsciousness.

"Sleep well, Minseok hyung."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So until Saturday ^_^