Baekhyun (iv)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Baekhyun's still staring at the spot that Yixing had been standing just a few seconds ago. He stumbles forward, his hands dragging along the wall.

"Chanyeollie…" Baekhyun mumbles repeatedly. "Chanyeollie… Where are you? I need you… Chanyeollie…"

"Baekhyun-ah!" Baekhyun looks up in surprise, his eyes landing on Chanyeol, who is panting like he had just run a great distance to get there. "Baekhyun-ah, are you okay?"

He approaches the other swiftly, his long legs covering the distance between them in five seconds. And then Baekhyun is in his arms and they're holding on to each other like this might be the last time.

"Chanyeollie..." Baekhyun breathes in, taking in Chanyeol's unique smell, a mix of cinnamon, smoke, and something that just makes him feel comfortable and safe in his arms. "I'm fine now... are you okay?"

"Baekhyunnie," Chanyeol has his face nuzzled into the crook of Baekhyun's neck, and it almost sounds like he is crying. "I was so worried. I saw flashing lights, lights that only flash like that when you're in danger, or scared, alone, and I couldn't bear the thought of letting you face anything alone... I don't know how I found you, but I'm just glad you're okay, and because of that I am too."

Chanyeol takes a moment to really take in his lover. His lips start at the crown of Baekhyun’s hair, down to his forehead, upon each eyelid, to the tears that are still falling, before brushing over the tip of his nose. Baekhyun giggles at the familiar sensations, before softly as Chanyeol’s lips find his. Their lips fit perfectly together as they always have as they both allow the kiss to last for just a little bit longer than usual. Baekhyun makes small noises of protest when Chanyeol pulls away, but then he hears Chanyeol’s gasp and knows he’s seen his shoulder. He doesn’t say anything though, just let’s his lips gently graze it, and Baekhyun can honestly say that that helps. And then Chanyeol is pulling him back into another tight embrace, his arms wrapped protectively around him. The smaller male sighs happily as he tries to snuggle closer to Chanyeol, but the other suddenly breaks away and takes a step back, his eyes looking panicked and terrified.

"Chanyeol-"

"Stay back!" Chanyeol yells, fire appearing in the palms of his hands. "I'm not doing this... I can't control this!"

Baekhyun takes a step forward, despite this, his eyes focusing directly on Chanyeol, like he is seeing something that he couldn't previously see.

"No, Baekhyunnie..." The fire manipulator sounds completely defeated as he tries to take another step back. "Please, I don't want to hurt you."

Baekhyun can see it clearly now, something at the base of Chanyeol's neck at the back; it is controlling Chanyeol, emitting a very ominous aura, and he needs to get it out, he might be the only one that is able to.

"Shh, Chanyeollie," Baekhyun whispers, taking hold of both of Chanyeol's wrists and placing his hands upon Baekhyun’s own waist, trying to ignore the searing pain of the fire. "Trust me."

Slowly, but clearly aware, Baekhyun places his own hands on the back of Chanyeol's neck and pulls them closer, looking directly into the other's eyes.

"Let me help you, okay?"

Chanyeol nods slowly, even though he's clearly hesitant. He tries to pull his hands away from Baekhyun's waist, but Baekhyun puts them back there. Baekhyun is aware that his light will only make Chanyeol's flames stronger, but that is a risk he's willing to take. He places Chanyeol's wellbeing, and life, above his own. Leaning in closer, he kisses Chanyeol deeply, if only to distract both himself and Chanyeol, and then he's sending light through his fingertips. The taller male freezes at the feeling, and it's all Baekhyun can do to keep them both in place. He can feel the object, it's small, seed shaped and definitely what is controlling Chanyeol. Baekhyun can't explain how he knows, he just does. He pushes his light in a little further, forcefully digging the small seed out, but trying to be fast at the same time, since he doesn't know how much longer Chanyeol can hold on. Baekhyun parts his lips slightly, just as there is a small noise, indicating that he has somehow managed to extract the seed successfully. They both collapse to the ground, panting softly into each other’s mouths. Baekhyun is thoroughly exhausted, but he kisses Chanyeol deeply again, and Chanyeol responds immediately.

"Thank you... Baekhyunnie..." Baekhyun smiles at the other's words, as they break apart, he places his head upon his lover's shoulder. "You saved me... but please, don't ever do that again... I don't want to hurt you anymore..."

The pain hits him like a ton of bricks. Baekhyun gasps at the feeling of Chanyeol's hands against his raw, burnt skin, and for a brief moment, he regrets this. He knows though, that it wouldn't have worked without the strong physical and emotional attachment they have with each other.

"I'll be okay..." Baekhyun whispers, wincing when Chanyeol pulls his hands away, and gasping when the cold wind runs across the wounds. "This... this is nothing..."

He briefly notices that Chanyeol's previously black suit is now white as he collapses into his lover's arms, feeling completed drained. Despite the pain, and what had just happened, he feels a sense of security that Chanyeol alone brings him.

"I just... need a little... rest..." He says, smiling as he feels Chanyeol gently grasp one of his hands. "Just... for... a little... while..."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Until Friday =3