Minseok (viii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

"Lu Han…" Minseok yells, hoping to at least stall the inevitable. "Lulu, you don't want to do this."

There is no response as Lu Han draws closer, not even a hint of recognition in his normally warm eyes. Minseok tries to take a step back, but Lu Han is now holding him still, steadily squeezing him tighter and tighter. Minseok swears under his breath as he struggles against him, even though he knows it'll make no difference. He can feel his powers in his fingertips, so he releases it. Snow starts falling, and everywhere a snowflake lands the ground freezes, until the entire area is completely covered in a layer of ice, but the snow doesn't stop. None of this deters Lu Han in the least however, and Minseok is now struggling to take proper breaths because this takes a lot out of him. Minseok gasps as Lu Han suddenly slams him on to the frozen ground. His right shoulder, and the side of his head are throbbing as he tries to regain his bearings. Out of his peripheral vision, he can see Lu Han preparing to attack again, so he sends a block of ice directly at him. It hits him full force, and then Lu Han is falling. Out of instinct, Minseok rushes over to Lu Han, trying to catch him before he hits the hard ground.

"Lulu…" He whispers soothingly, his arms around his lover. "Are you okay?"

The eyes that stare up at him are still cold, but then there's the tiniest flicker of something, love, recognition, or maybe it's just a figment of his imagination. Out of desperation, Minseok leans down and kisses him. Lu Han is almost limp in his arms, and Minseok is too wrapped up with the one in his arms to notice the slow footsteps making their way towards him.

"And that's enough of that," Kyungsoo's voice. And then something cold is slapping Minseok across the head, forcing him away from Lu Han, until he's lying right underneath Jongdae's corpse. "You two are so disgusting."

Kyungsoo appears over him, hands on his hips, and a displeased frown on his face.

"I'll give you a choice, Minseok," And Minseok is scared of what he'll say. "I'll let you leave, alive and whole, but alone, or stay here."

"What kind of choice is that?" Minseok spits as he tries to stand up. "I'm not leaving alone. I would never leave anyone behind! I would rather stay here."

"Then so be it," a smirk makes its way on to Kyungsoo's lips. "Junmyeon hyung…"

Minseok looks behind him to see a large wave of water rushing towards him. It hits him head on, and then Kyungsoo is gone, Junmyeon standing before him instead. The water manipulator has the same look in his eyes as Lulu does, and Minseok's heart plummets, realising that he has no chance now. Junmyeon places a cold hand flat against Minseok's, and as he draws it back, their powers combining to create a long icicle, sharp and dangerous. Minseok closes his eyes, preparing himself for what is to come. His heart is thundering against his ribcage, and his body can't stay still. Lu Han's telekinesis holds him still, keeping him from even attempting escape.

He feels it the second the tip of the icicle touches him, and all he can do is gasp as it is pushed in, breaking skin. His breathing quickens, and he can feel the blood, but he refuses to open his eyes, to look. Junmyeon is screaming before he is, and he knows that can only mean one thing: he's dying. Despite that though, the icicle is only being pushed in more, and then Minseok's screaming too; and the slowly unraveling spiritual connection only making it hurt more. He hears a loud thud, and it takes him a moment to realise that that was himself. Lying on his side, he finally allows his eyes to open to see that Junmyeon's no longer holding that icicle, instead he's on his knees, clutching his chest, whimpers of pain escaping his lips.

Breathing is becoming more difficult, and his eyesight is becoming blurry. He allows his eyes to drift closed, and forces himself to take slow and deliberate breaths. Death is drawing closer by the second, and Minseok knows he can't stop it.

"Lu… Han…" He gasps, his body shutting down. "I love… you."

His heartbeat is barely there, he can no longer feel his body, and then he's breathing his last breath, wondering why it had to end this way.

---------------------------------------------------------

...I'm very sorry OTL I wish things didn't need to end this way... anyway, two chapters left. I'm going to say that we can be done by the weekend ^_^

Thank you so much to everyone for the support, it really means a lot to me ; A ;

So until next time ^_^ probably Thursday or Friday. =3