Baekhyun (v)

Labyrinth of Deceit

The flaring pain in his sides wakes him up and he gasps as he sits up too quickly; burns are not to be taken lightly, he realises. Baekhyun chances a look down at the burn marks and turn away just as quickly, unable to stomach how bad they look. For a moment, he's confused as to how he'd gotten them, but then he remembers Chanyeol, and a slow smile spreads across his face. Looking around, he notices that Chanyeol is currently nowhere in sight, even though he remembers falling asleep in his lover's arms. Slowly, while ignoring the pain, he tries to get to his feet; he’s worried that something has happened to Chanyeol. He winces as an intense pain shoots through from his left side, and instinctually places a hand over the left wound. Depending heavily upon the wall, Baekhyun finally manages to get on to his feet.

"Chanyeol-ah!" He calls out. "Chanyeollie, where are you?"

When he receives no reply, he sighs softly and starts taking slow, staggering steps in the only direction that goes somewhere. Baekhyun pulls his hand away from the wound to see blood on his hand, meaning it's much worse than he thought. He switches hands, and keeps walking while calling out Chanyeol's name. Only when he's about ready to just give up, and just collapse, he sees movement out of the corner of his left eye. He's cautious for a moment until Chanyeol steps out of the shadows, and then he's so relieved that he doesn't even notice something off about him. As he begins to approach Chanyeol, he's a little bothered by the fact that Chanyeol's fringe hides his eyes. Baekhyun loves to look into the other's eyes; they're the most beautiful things in the world to him. And before he can properly react, a fireball is shot at him, grazing his already hurt shoulder.

"What-?"

Chanyeol is advancing towards him, his eyes now visible and Baekhyun can feel shivers of horror run down his spine. His eyes are soulless, absolutely nothing recognizable in those normally bright orbs at all. Baekhyun takes several terrified steps backwards, but Chanyeol doesn't let up either. Fireballs are coming at him from every which way, and it's all Baekhyun can do to keep them away with his light. He's weak though, and he knows that he will most likely pass out if this lasts much longer. His light fizzles out before he can block the next one, and he screams out in surprise when it hits him straight in the thigh. Desperate, Baekhyun creates the brightest light he can muster up, and shines it directly in Chanyeol's face, hoping to temporarily blind him.

Baekhyun knows it worked when the fire manipulator lets out an almost primal roar. And then Baekhyun is running, running as fast as his worn out body would let him, not daring to look back. Running until he trips over a patch of uneven ground, and lands ungracefully on his face. Baekhyun's in too much pain to even consider getting back on his feet, so he just lies there, hoping that everything will just go away, or work itself out. Black shoes appear in front of him, and Baekhyun hesitates a moment before lifting his head to see who it is. He lets out a relieved sigh when he sees Jongdae, having been scared that Chanyeol had found him.

Jongdae offers him his hand, and Baekhyun takes it, but he's unable to get much further than his knees. A small smile appears on Jongdae's face, and he offers Baekhyun some water and bread. Baekhyun is practically salivating at the sight, and so he grabs them from him, eager to get food and water into his system.

"Baekhyunnie," Jongdae says, after Baekhyun has finished eating and drinking, a slight smirk on his lips. "Will you help me?"

"Sure," Baekhyun replies, getting to his feet, now feeling like he owed Jongdae something. "Whatever you need."

"Great, follow me."

"Jongdae, how do you know this place so well?" Baekhyun asks for what must be the fifth time, at least, as they turn another corner. Jongdae is walking like he knows this place like it's his home, and it's almost suspicious.

"Just wandered through it a lot," the other replies with the barest hint of a shrug. "Please stop asking."

Baekhyun decides to drop it since Jongdae technically saved him, and he doesn't want to be rude. Suddenly, Jongdae is approaching him, a piece of cloth in his hands, this weird glint in his eyes. Before Baekhyun can even say anything, the cloth is put over his eyes, and he can no longer see anything.

"Jongdae, what-?"

"Shh, Baekhyunnie," Baekhyun can feel one of Jongdae's fingers on his lips, so he decides to obey. "I'll take it off soon enough."

Baekhyun's first instinct is to panic, but manages to suppress the urge since he knows it'll do him no good. He's shaking as Jongdae begins pulling him along by the wrist. Just where is he taking him that he isn't even allowed to see?

When they finally stop, Baekhyun is about ready to break down and cry, part of him is deeply regretting following Jongdae, while the other half is convinced that this was for the better, if not the only, option. He hears something squeak, like a door, and then he's being shoved forward, and he’s barely able to stay on his feet. He hears the loud clanking sounds of metal and something heavy being snapped on to his wrists. He’s pushed forward once again, harder this time, and he gasps as his burn touches the cold wall.

"Hope you enjoy your stay, Baekhyunnie," Jongdae's voice is taunting, condescending. "I'll see you again real soon."

"Jongdae!" Baekhyun yells. "Jongdae, come back!"

There's no response, of course, and Baekhyun sighs, thoroughly frustrated, not just by the current situation, but by the complete darkness he's in, and also because he allowed this to happen. And in this darkness, the only thing he can concentrate on is the pain from his sides, his thigh and his shoulder.

"Baekhyunnie?" Baekhyun jumps at the soft voice, having assumed that he is, or was, alone. "Is that you?"

"Kyungsoo-ya…"

------------------------------------------------------------------

So until Wednesday ^_^