Sehun (viii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

"Jongin, take me back," Sehun repeated,  trying to get Jongin to listen to him. He’s been trying for a while, but has been unsuccessful so far. "Please?"

When Jongin gives no response at all, Sehun sighs, pursing his lips and crossing his arms. "So you really only listen to Kyungsoo?"

Rolling his eyes, Sehun starts walking away, turning his back completely. Two minutes pass, and Sehun turns around again to see that Jongin hasn't moved at all.

"Jongin!" He yells, waving. "Come here!"

Nothing, there isn’t even a twitch or acknowledgement of any kind. Exasperated, Sehun starts walking backwards, wondering how far he would need to go to get a response. Kyungsoo clearly wasn’t kidding about the mind control.

"Dammit, Jongin!" Sehun yells loudly, running back and grabbing one of the other's wrists. "If you won’t listen, then I'll drag you back, somehow."

Sehun stomps away while Jongin stumbles along behind him, like he no longer knows how to walk. That's when Jongin suddenly stops in his tracks, and yanks Sehun back so he's pressed against his chest.

"Um, okay?" Sehun can feel his cheeks burning, feeling every muscle through the other's shirt. "I…"

There is a snap of Jongin’s fingers, followed by smoke, and then Kyungsoo is right next to them.

"Well, I have to say that I admire your loyalty," Kyungsoo is saying, though the look on his face saying that he's anything but impressed. "I thought you would all jump at the chance to escape, but not one of you did, not even when I threatened to kill you."

Sehun feels a shudder run down his spine. Looking around, he's surprised to find two more bodies. Minseok is clearly dead, and from this distance, Junmyeon simply looks unconscious. Lu Han is also lying very still on the ground, but there's still an obvious rising and falling of his chest, meaning, at the very least, he's alive. Sehun’s attention is snapped back when he sees Kyungsoo slowly running a hand down Jongin's cheek, and Jongin immediately drops Sehun on to the ground. Before Sehun can even think about attacking, Kyungsoo stomps the ground and traps Sehun in between two sheets of rock. 


"You know, Jongin-ah," Kyungsoo is saying, his hands now running through Jongin's hair slowly. "You're very beautiful, and your love is wasted on someone like Sehun." 


As he says Sehun's name, a sharp piece of rock pierces right into Sehun's shoulder, and he ignores the gasp that escapes the other's lips afterwards. 
"I love you, you know that?" Kyungsoo continues, sending a piece of rock goes right into Sehun's lower back. "Do you love me, Jongin-ah?"


"He would never love someone like you!" Sehun spits at Kyungsoo. "You're nothing-!"


Sehun's sentence is cut off as the tip of a rock just barely breaks the skin of his neck, and Kyungsoo looks absolutely livid, his face right in his face. 


"If I hear one more word out of you," Kyungsoo warns, the rock digging a little deeper.  “I will make it so that you never speak again."


Sehun isn't sure if it is just a trick of his eyes, but he thinks he sees Jongin's arm twitch at Kyungsoo's threat. If he's right, then perhaps Jongin is slowly breaking free of Kyungsoo's control. Sehun spits in Kyungsoo’s face then, which only makes things worse. The earth manipulator stomps the ground again, and the rock that's already touching Sehun's throat goes right through, coming out the other side.

And then there's blood. Blood pouring down his front, blood coming out of his mouth, and blood dripping on to Kyungsoo's shoe. He tries to breathe, but every time he tries to exhale, blood clogs his throat; Sehun is starting to think that death would be merciful at this point. The pain hits next, and it feels exactly like what it is: like something is tearing him open. His vision is blurring around the edges, and his entire body is shaking; he's losing control, and he's losing himself. Next thing he's completely aware of is that there are gentle hands caressing his cheeks, and after forcing his eyes to focus, he realises that the hands belong to Jongin.

And then the earth holding him disappears and he collapses into Jongin's arms, like he no longer has any bones in his body. Sehun can hear Jongin saying something to him, but he's unable to make out exactly what is being said. So instead he allows himself to relax, he just wants to sleep, to forget the pain that won't go away. Jongin is shaking him now, not allowing him to fall unconscious, and he has a hand pressed against the gaping wound. It's too late though, Sehun realises. He doesn't feel like he's dying, he just feels numb, and he's tired, so very tired. His eyes close, and he can barely feel Jongin shaking him anymore, but he can honestly say that he has never felt safer. His heart is slowing down, and he feels like he can breathe easier, so when he feels Jongin's lips upon his, he knows that it's time to let go. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you so much to everyone for the support! It really means so much to me. Only one more chapter left.

So until tomorrow ^_^ and then the fic will be complete. =3