Yixing (ii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

"...This doesn't feel like a barrier," Yixing mutters to himself, his fingers skimming across the smooth, water-like surface. "What is it then?"

Curiously, he pushes against it, and is mildly surprised to see his fingers go right through.

"A portal?" He keeps pushing his hand all the way through, and is surprised to feel something brush against his palm, but he doesn't stop, instead he keeps going. Mere moments later, Yixing is completely through the portal and in a very similar place to the one he had just come from.

"Yixing hyung!" Yixing reacts at the voice, recognising it, but not expecting it. "Hi! Am I glad to see you…"

"Jongdae-ya," Yixing's relieved, yet worried, at the same time, because Jongdae's appearance probably means that most, if not all, of them are inside this maze. "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for a way out," Jongdae replies with a shrug. "And then I ran into you."

Yixing reaches a hand out, trying to see if he can physically touch Jongdae. This time, there's no force field, and Yixing doesn't have to suffer from a distance; looks like the person behind all this knows about their powers, and their partnerships.

"I'm uh, looking for Baekhyun," Yixing says, scratching the back of his neck. "Have you seen him?"

"Actually," Jongdae hesitates, and a weird smirk appears on his face. "I have, follow me."

He turns and starts walking away from the portal. Yixing hesitates a moment, but once he realises that anything is better than standing here or going back, he's chasing after the other. Besides, it's just Jongdae, what could go wrong?

"Jongdae-ya!" Yixing calls towards Jongdae's back for the fourth time that hour. "Are you sure we're going the right way?"

Jongdae pauses briefly before waving a hand over his shoulder, an attempt at calming Yixing, it seems.

"I'm sure I saw him around here!" And then he's running off again, leaving Yixing to run after him. "This way!"

Yixing is a little conflicted at that moment, he wants to find Baekhyun, of course, but at the same time, he doesn't want to lose sight of Jongdae, the first person he's seen since Baekhyun. So he runs, going as fast as his legs will allow him to. He turns the next corner and Jongdae is nowhere in sight. All he sees is a dead end. Cursing under his breath, Yixing turns back and continues walking in the direction he had come from. Yixing is almost certain that Jongdae led him around like that on purpose. Now, he can barely feel Baekhyun's presence, and he's all alone again.

Heaving a huge sigh of disappointment, Yixing slumps against the nearest wall and contemplates giving up; at the rate things have been going for him, it didn't seem like things would end well. Maybe if he just sits here, he will be able to avoid things for a while, just until he can muster up the strength to keep going. His eyes close slowly, and Yixing drifts off into a dreamless, yet uneasy, sleep, hoping things will be different when he awakens.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Look at me, actually keeping promises. xD Um, so I feel like barely anyone's actually reading this, so um, does no one like this? I'm sorry if I sound ungrateful for all the support it has gotten, but I can't help but compare it to my other fics that have done better... I realise it's not very exciting right now... so if you have any comments or suggestions, or criticism, please feel free to leave them, I appreciate everything you have to say.

Thank you so much to all the support I've gotten on this fic so far, it means a lot! ^_^

So until next time, which will be... Sunday. =3