Sehun (i)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Sehun can't even begin to explain what he's seeing or touching. It looks like the soft ripples of water, but it feels… it feels like absolutely nothing, like air. He pushes a little harder, and his hand goes right through the water-like surface. Surprised, he jumps back and looks down at his hand, like he's trying to make sure it's still there. Sehun frowns as he approaches it again, whatever it is. Looking around, he notices a small rock. Picking it up, he throws it into the rippling glass and watches in fascination as it goes right through. For five long minutes, Sehun just stares at the wall, his brain trying to comprehend what exactly is going on.

He had woken up in this maze with a pounding headache, dressed up in this white suit, and was surprised to learn that it hurt to use his powers. And now, he's staring at this strange, yet fascinating, rippling glass wall, half fighting the overwhelming urge to go through it. After a moment, he decides that there's no point in staying where he is, this might take him outside, even.

He takes a deep breath and pauses at the glass. One hand is stuck through first, then the other, his arms follow, and then all the rest of him. The sensation is not unpleasant; it's like being caught in some strong winds trying to pull him away, but Sehun is used to wind. Sehun opens his eyes to see a very similar sight to the one he had just come from, except for one key difference: the presence of someone else lying on the ground. From this distance, Sehun can't tell who it is, but he steps closer, before he starts running; he can feel that it's Zitao.

"Tao!" He yells, relieved. "Tao, can you hear m-!"

Sehun is suddenly brought to a stop by something. His hands touch it and it’s clearly solid, glass but not, a force field.

"Tao!" Sehun screams, hoping his partner can hear him. "Tao!"

His fists bang and bounce back from the force field uselessly. Frustrated, he summons some wind, ignoring the pain shooting through his arms, and tries to break through it. It bounces right back and hits him square in the chest, knocking him on to the ground. He winces, placing a careful hand over the spot. From his position, he can see Tao stirring, and he struggles to stand up, running towards the force field.

"No, stop!" Tao says suddenly, and Sehun freezes in his tracks. "Don't…"

"Tao?" Sehun says quietly, relaxing his body and taking a small step forward. "Do you… know something?"

When Tao doesn't reply, Sehun takes a step closer, and another, until he's close enough to press his hands against the force field.

"Taozi, please… we're partners…"

Zitao raises himself to his feet and places his hands over Sehun's on the other side of the force field.

"Yes, " He whispers, leaning his forehead against the glass. "Come closer…"

Sehun obeys, closing his eyes, copying Tao's movements, while wishing that this force field wasn't there, wishing that he could feel Tao's warmth.

"…I don't know how to tell you this…" Zitao mutters, his drifting shut. "But I think that we're all-"

"Taozi?" Sehun asks, letting his eyes drift open. "Why did you-!"

And then he's falling forwards, the force field is gone, and so is Zitao.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um, I realise it might be confusing right now, and if you have any questions please feel free to ask, and I'll answer to the best of my ability without spoiling anything. ^_^

Thank you to everyone that's been taking the time to read this, I know it's not that good right now, but it gets better, I hope... OTL

So until... Friday ^_^