Baekhyun (ii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

The second time Baekhyun wakes up, he feels slightly better than he did the first time around. This is mostly due to the fact that his head is no longing pounding, at least not as much. He shifts himself into a sitting up position, unaware of when he had lie down, and looks around again at the grey, concrete walls that bares down on him like prison walls; it makes him feel anxious, and he just wants to leave or at least find Chanyeol. Chanyeol. He struggles to his feet and starts moving again. He feels a weak tug on the invisible strings that connect him and his partner, and Baekhyun then becomes aware of Yixing’s presence in this goddamn maze as well. He smiles, trying to feel where the other is, but can't since the distance between them must be too great.

Baekhyun briefly wonders who he should look for first, when his hand runs across the wall and he notices with a start that the marks he'd left before are no longer there, or he perhaps had been moved. He remembers someone calling his name, and he knows, now, that it had to have been Yixing. So why is Yixing not here? Why is he in a different place? Who, or what, moved him? Of course he has no answer to any of these questions, but he's more than certain that Yixing would never abandon him, so something must have happened that the healer had been powerless to stop.

Instead, Baekhyun decides to concentrate on Chanyeol's earlier distress call, and when his hands touch the wall he can feel the familiar warmth of Chanyeol's flames. A ghost of a smile briefly flits across his lips, and he follows the feeling, desperate to feel Chanyeol's warmth again. He follows the warmth until he's in a place where the walls are decidedly different. There are squares on the wall, frames, and as Baekhyun traces his fingers over them, he feels the warmth dissipate, and with it, any hope he had previously felt. His arm falls listlessly back to his side and he wonders if Chanyeol even knows that he's here. With his back to the wall, he slides slowly down to the floor, pulls his legs up to his chest, and his face in between his knees. Chanyeol is, or was, the only thing keeping him going, and now that that familiar warmth is gone, Baekhyun has never felt so hopeless and helpless. In his peripheral vision, he notices a lamp flickering, before going out completely, making the previously dark place, even more so.

Chanyeollie… please help me… 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sorry this is late OTL this was supposed to be up on Saturday, but I was kind of busy... the next one is supposed to go up tomorrow, and to make it up to you guys, I'll update tomorrow too. I'm sorry OTL

Thank you everyone that's been taking the time to read this so far, it really means a lot! 

So until tomorrow =3