Sehun (vii)

Labyrinth of Deceit

Sehun wants to scream. This is like his nightmare, but this time it's not a dream; this is real, this is terrifyingly real. He can do nothing but watch as Chanyeol and Baekhyun collapse, as Yixing passes out, as Jongdae dies… Even if Jongdae did a few things that were pretty bad, he didn't deserve to die, not like that. There is so much blood now, all over the ground, all because of one Do Kyungsoo. Sehun is dying to know exactly what Kyungsoo said to Baekhyun, why it is that one of their own just killed three of them without so much as a blink of his large eyes.

Is this who Kyungsoo has always been? Is this the personality he's been hiding somewhere deep inside that small exterior? Is he doing this because someone close to him is being threatened? No matter what, though, Sehun thinks, it's not worth killing people, especially not three people in the span of barely two minutes.

"Jongin, please," Sehun finds himself saying. "Fight it, like Chanyeol did, come back to me."

Unfortunately, Jongin doesn't respond, just continues to hold him tightly. Sehun sighs, trying to summon his wind, anything. His hands are placed flat against Jongin's, and he's trying to feel for whatever is controlling Jongin. He does, then, but he knows he can't remove it without risking Jongin's life; the thing is in his very veins, like it's a part of him now.

"Hey Jongin," Sehun's head snaps up to see Kyungsoo right next to them, smug smile on his face. "Why don't you take Sehunnie for a little trip?"

Sehun wants to ask what he means by that, but then smoke is rising, and they're no longer in the open space, they're back in the maze again.

"Why…" Sehun doesn't even voice the question, because he realises he doesn't want to know.

Jongin's arms finally let him go, and Sehun falls ungracefully on to his . Groaning, he slowly gets to his feet, and glares at Jongin, before turning dramatically.

"Ugh, just what is he planning?!" Sehun exclaims loudly, throwing his hands up. "Does he want you to kill me? Maybe you-"

It's then that Sehun grasps just where he's standing: in front of an exit. He can see the open land, the sun setting just beyond the horizon.

"…He's letting me go?" Sehun stares, confused. "Why would he… this has to be a trap, or a test, or something."

Sehun stares at Jongin for a long moment, like he's actually thinking about leaving. His arms are around Jongin's neck, and he pulls the other into a deep kiss, of course there's no response, but Sehun can feel Jongin's heart speed up against his chest and that tells him all he needs to know.

"I'm not leaving you, Jongin," Sehun reassures the other. "I'm not leaving you, or any of the others behind."

And Sehun can only smile when he hears something slam closed behind him, leaving him trapped, once again, in this labyrinth of deceit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Ugh, I . OTL I'm sorry.

Thank you so much for all of your support, it means so much to me! <3 

Okay, um, I will try to update on Wednesday, and latest Friday, although, ideally, Wednesday and Friday. ^_^