The Last Straw

Heiress of L O V E
Please enjoy!
--------------------

“What is going on between you and Kikwang?” He asked. I looked at the expression on his face and I could easily tell that he was not playing around.

“Nothing. Kikwang is my friend. That's all.” I answered, shortly. He eyed me closely like as if he were to look at me close enough he could read in to my mind.

“Well... tell me something. What do you think about Gayoon?” He asked. I took a deep breath. I was not going to lie to him, but I didn't intend on being brutal.

“Gayoon isn't my favorite person in the world, but she is your friend and I am willing to accept that.” I told him. I could see his expression turn cold.

“Would you ever tell Gayoon to stay away from me?” He interrogated. I was shocked at what he was asking me.

“No, she's your friend. I would never ask her to do that. Why?”I questioned him. He remained quiet.

“Gayoon tells me that you warned her to stay away from me.” He stated. My eyes widened.

“So are you telling me you believe her?” I asked him. He tried to avoid my gaze. “Yoseob look at me! Are you trying to tell me that you believe that?!” I exclaimed. He looked up at me and I saw the troubled look in his eyes.

“I don't know what to think! She's my friend and I know that she really doesn't have a reason to lie to me but you don't either, but it's pretty obvious that you guys don't get along.” He told me. I was almost at the verge of tears. He was basically telling me that he didn't trust me.

“Yoseob.... just leave. I don't want to talk about this right now.”I muttered pointing towards the door. My face dropped and my vision turned in to nothing but the floor.

“No tell me...”He said, walking up to me. I refused to look at him.

“Tell you what? Huh? I didn't tell her any of that and I can tell you don't believe me. I haven't deceived you.” I told him.

“Look it's just...-” he started, I cut him off before he could continue.

“No! It's obvious that there is a bias here and I'm not going to try to compete. Just go away,” I said, walking in towards my room

*that's it... I've had it *

I locked the door and slid down the wall. Things just don't get any better.

“Jae please... just hear me out.” He pleaded on the other side of the door.

“No, just go... you've said enough.” I told him. He eventually gave up and left. I sat there thinking that maybe these feelings I had for Yoseob were never meant to be. The time wasn't right for this romance. Now, it's officially over.

[The Next Day]

I had received a call early in the morning and they told me to meet up with Jungmin and my teacher at one of my grandparent's restaurants in Seoul. I told Hyunseung where I was going, but for the most part no one knew where I was going. I felt I had to reset my mindset and get focused on this whole company thing.

When I arrived at the restaurant I was immediately escorted down to the VIP section of the restaurant. I saw a whole staff of people sitting in a long table waiting for me to arrive. I only recognized my teacher and Jungmin. I was a little conscious of myself because I was only wearing casual business attire and chances are that these people were very important.

“Ms. Kim you made it. Please take a seat.” My teacher told me. I nodded and sat down at the head of the table.

“Well Ms. Kim... we brought you here to talk about an important matter.” A man I did not recognize told me. I nodded.

“Please do take it away sir.” I told him. He nodded at me and took out some papers.

“We have plans to expand in China. We have everything planned out. We even have the different designs that are available for the building and land where we can build on.” He said, handing me a stack of papers.

“When exactly does this have to be decided?” I asked.

“Next week ma'am.” Another lady spoke out.

“You also must be present for all the activities and the establishment of the new branch.” the man from before informed me. I nodded and placed all the papers aside.

“Well thank you for all the information I will be sure to come up with a decision before next week. For now how about we get a bite to eat.” I suggested to everyone on the table. A small roar of agreement arose and we all decided to eat.

“Y'know for a noob you handled all of those people amazingly.” Jungmin commented. I shrugged and flashed him a smile.

“I guess I am getting use to this after all.” I told him.

[After The Meeting]

I decided to hang around with Jungmin. We weren't doing anything special just walking around town.

“So what happened with you and that Yoseob kid?”He asked, obviously curious as to what he has missed in the last month.

“Nothing, Yoseob is in love with his old friend.” I told him. He started laughing thinking it was a joke.

“Seriously? Oh c'mon it was obvious you two were in for each other.” He said. I rolled my eyes.

“I'm dead serious. I guess he didn't care about me as much as I thought he did.” I added. Just as we turned the corner I saw Yoseob with Gayoon. I watched them, curious as to what they were doing. Just when I got bored, I saw them lip lock. I immediately turned away and found myself walking away.

“Yah! Jae! Where are you going?” He asked.

“Away...”I muttered.

*I guess I'm going to China after all *
-----------------------
Comments are <3