Friendships? Maybe not...

Heiress of L O V E
I was waiting for class to be over. My stomach seemed to be scratching at me to feed it. I held my stomach hoping that class would end sooner. As soon as class was dismissed, I bulleted out of the door looking for Kikwang.

“Yah Kikwang you owe me!” I yelled after him. He laughed at me and scratched the back of his head.

“Alright… c’mon lets go get something to eat.” He said. I smiled and walked beside him. As we walked out of the school we passed Yoseob.

“Umm… Kikwang hold on.” I told him. He waited without questioning me. “Yoseobie,” I called. I saw him with his head hanging low and as I called him that I could see him smile.

“Yoseobie… you should call me that more often.” He said, teasing me. I smiled and bumped his shoulder.

“Yeah well do you want to go get something to eat with me and Kikwang?” I asked. I knew he didn’t like the fact that it was with Kikwang but he agreed anyways.

“Ah so you invited the banana.” Kikwang joked. I rolled my eyes and elbowed his stomach.

“Yah! Don’t act like he’s not your friend.” I scolded. Kikwang laughed. I could see Yoseob eyeing us. I didn’t know what he was thinking, but I could tell that he didn’t approve.

“So what did you guys do at lunch?” Yoseob asked.

“Nothing, Kikwang was annoying.” I joked.

“Yah! Don’t act like you didn’t have fun!” Kikwang defended. I stuck my tongue out at him and turned to Yoseob.

“We really didn’t do much but talk.” I confessed. I could see his face soften.

“Well it’s good to see that you’re in a better mood.” He commented.

“So what do you want to eat?” Kikwang asked. I shrugged.

“What did you think Yoseobie?” I asked, grinning. I could see a smile grow on his face. I could also see that Kikwang was a little suspicious.

“Umm… Takoyaki?” He said questionably. I looked at him and nodded.

“Takoyaki it is!” I confirmed. Just as I excitedly kept walking I realized. Where were we going to get Takoyaki in Korea?

“So where do we get Takoyaki?” Kikwang asked. I shrugged. We looked at Yoseob and he shrugged. I bursted out in laughter.

“Wow... way to go Yoseob. You had me craving something I can’t eat in this country.” I laughed.

“Hey, what happened to Yoseobie?” He questioned. I rolled my eyes and kept walking. In the end we decided to grab a burger and fries. I kept stealing fries from Kikwang and drinking from Yoseob’s drink.

“You know that’s indirect kissing.” Kikwang pointed out. I shrugged.

“I won’t die. Plus Yoseob spit tastes just like Jae’s spit.” I said joking. Yoseob had yet to notice that I had been drinking his drink since he kept getting up to get ketchup, napkins, mayo, more soda. Honestly, I was waiting for him to say something, but Yoseob was scattered brained and had a hard time paying attention when he was doing multiple things.

“Why does it seem like every time I come back I have less and less soda.” Yoseob commented. I could’ve fallen out of my chair from laughter, but I shrugged and pretended that I didn’t know.

“Who knows…,” Kikwang said, eyeing me. I ate like normal and Yoseob eyed the both of us.

“Do you guys know something I don’t?” He asked. I shrugged and shook my head no and Kikwang did the same. “Man why do I keep forgetting things!” He said to himself. He got up before we could ask him what he forgot. I took the opportunity to take some of his drink. “So it was you…” Yoseob commented coming back. I smiled and shrugged.

“It’s good.” I defended. Kikwang started laughing.

“So how does Jae spit taste?” Kikwang asked Yoseob. After all, Yoseob had been drinking from it too.

“It tastes like mine.” He said simply. We all started laughing. “Y’know Jae, if you wanted to swap spit you could’ve just told me.” He said, wiggling his eyebrows. My eyes widened and I hit his arm.

“Yah! I just wanted something to drink.” I defended. It was fun having both of them there with me. I saw why they were good friends. Kikwang was a joker flirt and Yoseob was a cutesy swoon-er. They were the same but different.

“Hey guys so I need to go home. My sister is going to kill me if I’m not home in the next 20 minutes.” Kikwang said.

“Okay, well we’ll see you at school.” Yoseob said. I nodded agreeing.

“Coolness,” He said, and waved. I stood outside with Yoseob and I didn’t know what to say.

“So um… I think I should head home.” I said, awkwardly.

“D-do…umm Do you want me to walk you?” He said, his confidence slowly falling. I shrugged.

“Sure why not.” I agreed. At first we were quiet but then we just got to talking normally.

“So today was fun,” He said. I nodded.

“Yeah, I thought you were never going to figure out that I was drinking your soda.” I laughed. He lightly bumped my shoulder.

“Yeah well if it means anything you’re indirect kiss was good.” He joked. I laughed and playfully grabbed his shoulder.

“Today was a good day Yoseob. Thanks for coming along.” I told him.

“Yeah. I wasn’t all that psyched about going with Kikwang but it wasn’t that bad.” He said. We arrived at mine and Hyunseung’s apartment and we just stood outside staring at each other.

“So… thanks..” I said. He nodded. Yoseob had his hands and his pockets swinging around uncomfortably.

“Yeah,” He answered. I was going to turn around and open the door but he called me before I could. “Umm Jae…” He said. I looked at him.

“Yeah?” I answered. He walked up close to me and cupped my chin. He kept getting close and close and then suddenly the door behind me opened.

“I thought I heard something. What’s up Jae,” Hyunseung said from behind me. Yoseob quickly separated from me and I could feel my cheeks heat up. “Was I interrupting something?” Hyunseung asked us.

“Umm no I was just wiping something from Jae’s face.” Yoseob said. “I think I should get going.” He said. I nodded.

“Yeah I’ll see you tomorrow.” I said, waving. Hyunseung waved. I walked in to the apartment and couldn’t understand what was going to happen.

*was he going to kiss me?*

I blushed at the thought and shook my head.

*nah… it’s just my imagination. He probably was cleaning something from my face*

I shrugged off the idea and went to change.

Today sure was an interesting day.